Dua Lipa, "That Viral Video Of Me Dancing Messed With My Mental Health"

I am totally against trolling and diminishing people. But also, some people can't take the criticism and are unable to distinguish one from the other. From that video, she really did a horrible job. Am I trolling for saying that she has the rhythm of a vroom stick? Seriously, now saying someone did poorly is trolling? Please. 

• Love 1

She clearly reads BreatheHeavy. A lot of people here were making fun of her for that video. And I can remember SO MANY posters saying she had no stage presence.

Future Nostalgia is the Teenage Dream of this decade imo. It’s an amazing record that will influence pop music for the next decade. Katy had a few hits before, but TD cemented her status. FN will do the same.

I mean, she's still not a great performer. I like her music, they are very cool and all, but she's not a singer who shines on stage and it's okay, not everybody has rhythm inside them. Good for her for trying to work on it, maybe one day it will pay off.

I honestly never saw someone cancelling her over this, and I understand that she might felt conscious about it, but I don't think anyone took that seriously.

I LOVE Dua so friggen much and bought both of her albums!

That said, this is show business! If you're going to perform in front of an audience, then you are putting yourself out there for criticism and need to be prepared for that.

That's the nature of the beast and people can argue left and right that it needs to change, but it will never be realistic.

I will say that she has become a much better performer because of it, and isn't that the real win?

Overcoming obstacles is how we grow.

• Like 1
On 11/11/2020 at 10:11 AM, Trentals said:

She clearly reads BreatheHeavy. A lot of people here were making fun of her for that video. And I can remember SO MANY posters saying she had no stage presence.

Future Nostalgia is the Teenage Dream of this decade imo. It’s an amazing record that will influence pop music for the next decade. Katy had a few hits before, but TD cemented her status. FN will do the same.

Has she stage presence tho? :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block