The First Straight Male Artist to Openly Suport the LGBTQI+ In His Music in the Balkans and Here's Why That's Big

• Super Mods
7 minutes ago, CloseMyEyes1457 said:

I didn't leave my country up until last year and I came from the capital. Sure, there are/were gay echo chambers (and their allies) - but the overall consensus is hardly positive (overwhelmingly negative).

I guess I cannot claim things for Belgrade, since I'm not from Serbia, but you putting all gays leaving their country in a basket of whiny people that want to complain is super ****ed up and inaccurate. We felt and we lived through discrimination and hatred before we left it, otherwise I would be more than happy to say that I come from a loving place. 

Im sorry if it seemed like I did that, It wasn't my intention. I genuinely hope you will find happines wherever you're at, honestly :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Love 1

I'm loving the topic!!! Dino Merlin deserves it! I'm a huge fan of Dino Merlin, but he still didn't publicly support LGBTQI+. I'm still waiting for that! xD

We can only assume that the song is about togetherness, getting all people together, differences between us or even about LGBTQI+! But that is a huge step also!

The song really makes you think and that's why he's a true artist. And he can do so much more for gay community!!! I'm hopeful. But this is a very good start...

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block