TWICE Release '80s Tinged Bop "I CAN'T STOP ME" (feat. Potential "Future Nostalgia" Reject)

TWICE (dubbed "Nation's Girl Group" in South Korea) have released their 2nd studio album "Eyes Wide Open" alongside its lead single / title track "I Can't Stop Me". The song is an '80s / synthwave tinged pop song with some trap elements to give it a modern edge. JYP, TWICE's company / record label, is known for how well they do retro concepts, and this song is no exception.

The music video is a mix of actual sets and green screen extravaganza - definitely their best music video so far, in my humble opinion. We got a formal wear moment. We got a 90s / "Clueless" moment. We got a flower girl moment. We got a ball gown moment. We got a denim moment. I'm in love... :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

Furthermore, the album features a song that was co-composed by Dua Lipa (a synth-pop midtempo):

She isn't credited as a lyricist, which is probably the case because the song had to be rewritten in Korean. There's no way to know for sure if it's a "Future Nostalgia" reject, but the fact that it was co-composed by Dua Lipa is amazing enough. :ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white:

Fun fact for the 5 people on Exhale that might care - 6 of the 13 songs on the album were written by the members themselves. We stan artistés! :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

Spoiler

FB_IMG_1603713211356.jpg.18d8e6841fae12471dd7aed84418a7e9.jpg

Edited by Roxxy
Featured. TEEHEE. 🦄💛💜
  • Love 4

Twice surprises me every time. What was that music video? I still couldn't get out of the effect, I would have wrote on this title before but I was streaming. :wink_britney_everytime_white: The girls are all beautiful again. It was part of the ongoing story, but I didn't understand anything from the MV even though I've watched 700 times, I couldn't relate to the story. Anyway the girls are extremely beautiful again, the song is very catchy. This album is just a perfect album, and the number of self-written songs by the girls is really high in Eyes Wide Open (so proud :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:). Choreo is looks amazing as M&M choreo. I'm in love with them all but my bias is Dahyun, Jihyo and Sana are my biaswrecker so I was very excited for Bring It Back, Queen, Up No More and Do What We Like. All of them are so succesfull about writing a song. Bring It Back made me feel like I took some stimulants and I'm high at disco. Handle It also very succesfull song by Chaeyoung. Nayeon's vocals are flawless as always and Depend On You is just...... So sorry for Jeongyeon's health issues. :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad: I feel so speechless and I can talk about this album all day long. I want to say so much that if I say this post will be too long anyways Twice will remain as history... :kisses_britney_kiss_blow_womanizer_love_circus:2008:

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, vertovera said:

Twice surprises me every time. What was that music video? I still couldn't get out of the effect, I would have wrote on this title before but I was streaming. :wink_britney_everytime_white: The girls are all beautiful again. It was part of the ongoing story, but I didn't understand anything from the MV even though I've watched 700 times, I couldn't relate to the story. Anyway the girls are extremely beautiful again, the song is very catchy. This album is just a perfect album, and the number of self-written songs by the girls is really high in Eyes Wide Open (so proud :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:). Choreo is looks amazing as M&M choreo. I'm in love with them all but my bias is Dahyun, Jihyo and Sana are my biaswrecker so I was very excited for Bring It Back, Queen, Up No More and Do What We Like. All of them are so succesfull about writing a song. Bring It Back made me feel like I took some stimulants and I'm high at disco. Handle It also very succesfull song by Chaeyoung. Nayeon's vocals are flawless as always and Depend On You is just...... So sorry for Jeongyeon's health issues. :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad: I feel so speechless and I can talk about this album all day long. I want to say so much that if I say this post will be too long anyways Twice will remain as history... :kisses_britney_kiss_blow_womanizer_love_circus:2008:

Glad to see more ONCE on Exhale. :bigkiss_britney_kissing: I haven't listened to the album juuust yet, but I will in a few minutes. They've really been stepping it up with the writing credits, haven't they?! "Fancy You" had 4, and "Feel Special" had 5. However, this time around they weren't even co-written - all of them were written completely solo by the members themselves. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing: "Feel Special" remains my favorite TWICE title track purely because of the lyrics and the message, but I have a feeling that "I Can't Stop Me" will solidify itself as my #2. :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy: "&TWICE" is my favorite TWICE album, but I hope this one surprises me and takes its place. :) As for my bias, it's definitely Nayeon, and it's been that way since day 1. Of course, I love and adore the rest of them equally; though, Chaeyoung has been climbing the ranks as of late. :indulge_McDonalds_food_yum_fast_chew_eat_chomp_bite: Nayeon is crazy talented. She surprises me every comeback with her presence. You can tell some of the other members shine better in a group (which is not a bad thing), but Nayeon just screams main pop girl, in my opinion. :ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white: That's not why I fell in love with her, though. It's the voice, the teeth, and the offstage personality that I fell in love with. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Glad to see more ONCE on Exhale. :bigkiss_britney_kissing: I haven't listened to the album juuust yet, but I will in a few minutes. They've really been stepping it up with the writing credits, haven't they?! "Fancy You" had 5, and so did "Feel Special". However, this time around they weren't even co-written - all of them were written completely solo by the members themselves. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing: "Feel Special" remains my favorite TWICE title track purely because of the lyrics and the message, but I have a feeling that "I Can't Stop Me" will solidify itself as my #2. :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy: "&TWICE" is my favorite TWICE album, but I hope this one surprises me and takes its place. :) As for my bias, it's definitely Nayeon, and it's been that way since day 1. Of course, I love and adore the rest of them equally; though, Chaeyoung has been climbing the ranks as of late. :indulge_McDonalds_food_yum_fast_chew_eat_chomp_bite: Nayeon is crazy talented. She surprises me every comeback with her presence. You can tell some of the other members shine better in a group (which is not a bad thing), but Nayeon just screams main pop girl, in my opinion. :ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white: That's not why I fell in love with her, though. It's the voice, the teeth, and the offstage personality that I fell in love with. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Aaaaw I wanna hug you right now... :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:Feel Special is so special for me and I love it in a different way. Nayeon is a gift, a little bunny with a cute chubby cheeks. :awyeah_britney_yes_yas: I think they all have unique voices but Nayeon, Jihyo and Jeongyeon has  the strongest voices they kill me almost every time. :orangu_orangutan_ape: I'm sure you'll like the album, Nayeon's vocals are on point!!

• Love 1

I thought video was more about how beautiful they are (lol) than anything else, I do love denim moment the best. They are super hot.

Album is again another strong effort by them. Im listening to it non stop since its release.  Go Hard is my favorite. 

Had no idea Dua Lipa had her fingers on Behind the mask, song is stunning. Album doesnt have any duds tbh :/

Bops from start to finish!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block