Madonna released The "Erotica" album and the infamous book, 28 years ago

Spicechinodiva

In April of 1992, Madonna and Warner Brothers announced a record breaking renewal for a female artist at the time.

A $60 million dollar deal, not only renewing her contract , But establishing an entertainment brand titled Maverick.

Record label (unlike some artistic vanity aka joint ventures, Maverick was a huge success, it's been discussed that Unlike Paisley park records (which was Prince's own joint venture with Warner but served only to make artists out of his camp, which pissed Warner off), Maverick was a label that housed acts from Candlebox, Alanis Morissette (Maverick's most successful act outside of Madonna of course), Prodigy (Madonna fought hard to distribute the techno band in the US, A song titled Smack my bish up was really controversial in the US in 97. But Madonna won. Even Michelle Branch which came at the heels of Avril's Success was a Maverick artist as well. 

The First two Maverick releases was Erotica under these catalog numbers

9-45031-2 (Explicit 14 track CD contains Did you do it? A track that many feel for a feminist that Madonna was to feature a guy boasting about doing stuff to her like sitting in his face, and dropping a couple of loads, critics and fans felt what the hell was she thinking. Originally did you do it? Was supposed to Be goodbye to innocence but was replaced last minute.

Thus Making it Madonna's first album to have a parental advisory warning, also the first female pop Album to feature that as well...

However she offered an edited version with that track removed, But on the Explicit long box package, it state's Dirty CD version, contains a bonus track you can't get on the cassette/ Wal Mart version.

Album would have been a massive success had it stand on it's own. But the book that supported the album caused this huge backlash, then controversial, now most critics are saying. Madonna was right when she did that book. Tackled biracial, Lesbian and Gay, plus old and young. 

Several gay adult film stars from the golden era of gay movies Joey Stefano, Francois Saget appeared in the book, fully naked and fully getting it on while Madonna is dressed I. Campy marilyn monroe glamour watching the greatest intercourse happen.

The rock and Roll Hall of fame on the induction of the Erotica album and why it's revolutionary to the Rock and roll Society. 

Vh1 shocking rock and roll moment's on the infamous book.

Lorianne a music journalist said this was the last pinnacle for a female to do when it comes to sexuality. 

Madonna in 98 said the same sentiment.

"Women aren't supposed to be seen as intelligent, ****** and provactive, but just a bimbo with breasts, cos that's how men dictates society views on women. Stupid and just blond."

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods

This will be iconique forever and ever. Madonna lived and broke through in a man's world where all the rules were dictated by white heterosexual men; everyone had to live according to the rules they set up.

• Gay? Keep it behind your locked doors or die "fagggot"
  • Woman? You can be two things: let me **** you before marriage and be a ****, or let me marry you so I can **** you; if you deny me (a str8 white male) in any of these two situations, you're a ****
  • Black? You're lower than me and don't deserve my privilege
  • Black woman? I will r*** you whenever I please and you will stfu about it
  • Lesbian? I will also r*** you because, really, you just need a good ****ing and nothing else
  • Asian? You're not even a man! 

Madonna, as an artist, came through in this extremely toxic, evil and discriminatory climate and literally SHATTERED all these str8 rules into pieces. That's why straight men despised her so much, she was a threat, a symbol of liberation that would put an end to their ruling - and in the end it did. Madonna got support from all the people straight white men used and abused (women, gays, lesbians, black community, Asian community) which completely rocked the boat. 

For these reasons, Madonna is not only a pop star - she is also a symbol, because she did so much for us. I am not a huge fan of her music, but it always saddens me to see gay people trashing her as a person and artist because she was on the forefront of our never-ending fight against homophobia and discrimination. She is a woman who dedicated her life to giving us an equal opportunity to live our lives happily. Thank you queen :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

Archived