Alanis Morissette: "I have been obsessed with Janet Jackson for as long as I can remember"

Jordan Miller

• Leader

alanis-janet.jpg.ef26c32ad37595b4e51ea7976a26fdbc.jpg

Alanis Morissette admits she's a huge Janet Jackson fan. :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

In a new interview with ET Canada, Alanis says:

“I have been obsessed with Janet Jackson for as long as I can remember,” she said. “I remember having gone to see her perform when I was 15 in Toronto, and there was something about having watched her perform that day that just kind of put a spell on me, and I think I was with my manager at the time.”

“I remember turning to him and saying… basically said something along the lines of, ‘I now am very clear about what I want to do with my life,'” she added.

Imagine if they collaborated :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

This warms my heart idk. Thoughts?!

• Love 3

Her first two albums in canada we're very Much Dance Music like Janet Jackson. 

But Madonna sent a letter to MCA Canada and basically forced MCA to delete the masters of both Alanis and Now is my time as they weren't going to mention those albums in the jagged little pill press kits and act like jagged little pill is her debut album.

Alanis tried to include some songs on her Greatest hits album 2005's The collection. But even she realized The Music from those two albums didn't fit with her Singer Songwriter rock Music. 

She tried. But unlike Janet Jackson. She knows nobody is interested in hearing the first two albums. 

Ironically the self titled Janet Jackson album, And Dream street her pre control music actually has a cult status following among her die hards. 

You never know Alanis, You might have a small cult fan base wanting the dance pop original Alanis. 

FYI. Alanis was one of the few to support Janet during the backlash of the super bowl halftime show. Where being a fan of Janet Jackson at that time was harshly criticized, Instant ridicule and basically supporting immoral lifestyles of activities like Pre marital S3X. 

It would be a different reaction today. But in 2004. She was cancelled and it basically took her a long time to be forgiven and admired again. 

1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

But Madonna sent a letter to MCA Canada and basically forced MCA to delete the masters of both Alanis and Now is my time as they weren't going to mention those albums in the jagged little pill press kits and act like jagged little pill is her debut album.

Ummm wut?????? :boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm:

10 hours ago, bliss said:

Janet's impact is insane, she truly has influenced everyone that came out after her 

Yess. But sadly the media and the GP don't recognize her impact and influence and underrate her, it's a shame the super bowl controversy stole her shine. And I also think her team doesn't do that much for her legacy, bc she influenced a huge portion of the female pop stars we see today

1 hour ago, Leolileinstein said:

Ummm wut?????? :boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm:

Yess. But sadly the media and the GP don't recognize her impact and influence and underrate her, it's a shame the super bowl controversy stole her shine. And I also think her team doesn't do that much for her legacy, bc she influenced a huge portion of the female pop stars we see today

Yes, her team and even Janet herself truly just don't care

Just now, Leolileinstein said:

Janet remains unbothered

https://tenor.com/view/unbothered-idont-care-gif-4484702

But I think the GP and the media underrated her  bc of the super bowl incident

After the Super Bowl Janet was blacklisted for years (from 2004 until 2008), from a lot of radio stations, CBS, MTV, etc. Once she was finally not blacklisted anymore she quit music, so during the rising of streaming + the peak of the digital era Janet was M.I.A. so when she cameback there was a whole new generation that had no idea who she was

14 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Alanis tried to include some songs on her Greatest hits album 2005's The collection. But even she realized The Music from those two albums didn't fit with her Singer Songwriter rock Music. 

She tried. But unlike Janet Jackson. She knows nobody is interested in hearing the first two albums. 

Ironically the self titled Janet Jackson album, And Dream street her pre control music actually has a cult status following among her die hards. 

You never know Alanis, You might have a small cult fan base wanting the dance pop original Alanis. 

FYI. Alanis was one of the few to support Janet during the backlash of the super bowl halftime show. Where being a fan of Janet Jackson at that time was harshly criticized, Instant ridicule and basically supporting immoral lifestyles of activities like Pre marital S3X. 

It would be a different reaction today. But in 2004. She was cancelled and it basically took her a long time to be forgiven and admired again. 

Just looked it up, it looks like a Paula Abdul cover too 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block