This Day in Pop: Britney releases My Prerogative single in 2004 (September 21)

4 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

That's a fierce single cover. So, radio stations did not play it much in the US? Was it still because of the Clear Channel ban?

I don’t think it had to do with that since it got lifted with Toxic, but I remember this was around the time most people started trashing her more often than before and Kfed didn’t help the situation 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Arckangel said:

That's a fierce single cover. So, radio stations did not play it much in the US? Was it still because of the Clear Channel ban?

I think this picture they used for the single cover is actually  from the "I Love Rock N Roll" music video shooting, a bit random . No, she wasn't anymore (it ended after the Britney era), but she had terrible reviews due to the fact that it was a Bobby Brown cover and that ***hole is overrated as hell in the US. It did good in Europe though.

One of her most underrated singles, I never understood how it was a big hit everywhere except in the US. It went top 10 in over 20 countries (including #1 in 4), #2 in Europe, #7 in Australia, was even a hit in Russia and charted in Japan (which was rare for english songs), but somehow it didn't even chart on the hot 100 in the US :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

• Love 2
  • Like 2