This Day in Pop: Britney releases My Prerogative single in 2004 (September 21)

4 hours ago, bliss said:

One of her most underrated singles, I never understood how it was a big hit everywhere except in the US. It went top 10 in over 20 countries (including #1 in 4), #2 in Europe, #7 in Australia, was even a hit in Russia and charted in Japan (which was rare for english songs), but somehow it didn't even chart on the hot 100 in the US :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

US AGAIN proving their tasteless-ness for the 478th time :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

They dont care about good music, just get a song with repetitive trap beats, and some mumble rapper objectifying woman and crap lyrics, and watch it become No.1 nowhere but the US :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

The whole world is changing culturally in music and slowly shifting from the rap/trap/hip-hop trends to disco, 80s synthwave except for America :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

They just cant leave that horrid genre back in 2018/2019 :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Thats why when you ask someone who isnt from the US,  if they know who Migos, Lil pump, 6ix9ine or Lil Tecca they will go "Who?' :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

The whole world is changing culturally in music and slowly shifting from the rap/trap/hip-hop trends to disco, 80s synthwave except for America :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

They just cant leave that horrid genre back in 2018/2019 :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Can we leave both of those horrid genres in the past where they belong. :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

'80s pop is so overrated, bring back '90s pop. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

As amazing as this track is, at the time it was very underwhelming to hear after having Toxic earlier that year. Also, her image was going down very, very fast because of the media depicting her and Kevin Federline as "unclassy".

I remember I was annoyed she was doing a greatest hits so early in her career plus I was in a rap phase and actually didn't listen to the song and video for months because I had no interest even though I was obsessed with her. I did listen to "I've Just Begun Having My Fun" for some reason though.  I also didn't appreciate the "My Prerogative" video and song (her version) till just recently. 

9 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

If u think disco is from 80s pop, then your'e uneducated on 80s pop and should not comment :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

32 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Disco is from '70s and '80s pop though. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

10 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

SAWAYAMA was a 90s-Early 00s Pop album :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Doja Cat- Like The Cat is a Late 90s Hip-hop song :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Thank you, next. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

15 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Disco is from '70s and '80s pop though. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Disco wasnt as popular in the 80s tho :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

At most, its dominance ended in 1981, and stopped there, minus Thriller in 1984 which is a post-disco album :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

16 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Thank you, next. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

The song or phrase? 

If song, then yes Thank u, next does had a 90s-rn'b feel :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud: