Harry Styles to play a gay character in upcoming film "My Policeman"

55 minutes ago, A.a.A said:

It's called Acting. You don't need the person to be what the character is, in order to play them. This is why people win awards for it. Daniel Day Lewis isn't and never will be Abe Lincoln, yet he still portrayed him quite well.

1 hour ago, Easy There said:

I am sorry but its acting. This SJW bs needs to stop.

By this logic no gay actor should be allowed to play straight character. And Harry is BI.

The issue is that there are less opportunities for gay actors as casting agents are less likely to cast a known gay actor in a straight role. So I guess the argument here is this is a rare opportunity to advance the career of a lgbtiq+ Identifying actor that’s been given to a “straight” actor.

However, with that said, it is improving and on-screen / off-screen representation is on the increase. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Easy There said:

And Harry is BI.

I can confirm he's bi.

Spoiler

After I go see him live next year

Spoiler

Which I'm sure all concerts will be cancelled cause obviously

Spoiler

So, basically I lied and can't confirm anything. But, also, here's an unpopular opinion: Louis is my favorite. 

8c09360da9f4829e7d0071638375152a.jpg 

• Haha 1
On 9/18/2020 at 5:23 PM, Broccoli Spears said:

The issue is that there are less opportunities for gay actors as casting agents are less likely to cast a known gay actor in a straight role. So I guess the argument here is this is a rare opportunity to advance the career of a lgbtiq+ Identifying actor that’s been given to a “straight” actor.

However, with that said, it is improving and on-screen / off-screen representation is on the increase. 

Exactly this. Harry is just another straight white man who gets a role because of his popularity and not his acting chops. But hey, maybe I'll change my mind on him after I watch the film. 

22 minutes ago, 2K16NEY said:

Exactly this. Harry is just another straight white man who gets a role because of his popularity and not his acting chops. But hey, maybe I'll change my mind on him after I watch the film. 

He's literally never said he was straight... like can you not? :ohwut_gaga_sunglasses_shocked_surprised_what_huh: He's ******** ambiguous. He's said it many times. Stop giving people false labels.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block