MEGARATE: Blackout (GAME)

Slayer

3 minutes ago, Slayer said:

@Roxxy be like these boys won't be just coming over :wink_britney_everytime_white:

9 - Toy Soldier

Overall rate: 8.627

tumblr_mckes5TB5M1ra42peo1_500.gif

Lowest rate: 4/10 @kasavas

Highest rate: 11/10 @JeniLeeSK8

Comments:

·      it’s a good song but that’s it.

·      I love how it sounds like she singing yet also rapping and ranting at the same time, the lyrics are confident and work with her sassy vocal delivery. The songs from this one on until the end don't appear to get as much praise as others on the album and they absolutely deserve more appreciation. Would have been a great 4th or 5th single if Britney was in a better place in 2007. 

·     living for badassney

·     chorus is a bit too high pitched for me but overall, a nice pop track.

·      This time i need a soldier, sick of toy solder. Such a catchy and fun song!

·     Its on the verge of bratty but its Britney commanding so you’ll listen. Its bop telling f u KFed! 

·     Another smash. Single-material.

·     Put that toy soldier ***** inside your glorious vajayjay queen 

·     Greaaaat! I remember Ellen Degeneres walking down the stairs on this song somehow.

·     One of my favorites since first listen.  I can relate.

·     Honestly this is a BOP. I wish she performed it

·      I feel as if I don’t go back to this one as much as I should but it’s still a pretty fun song! Love Britney’s ‘rapping’/talky verses and the chorus is so catchy. ‘SMASH ON THE RADIO BET I PENNED IT’ remains an iconic opening line.

·     Single worthy.

·     Britney giving all different types of vocals on this bop!

·     An underrated bop in my opinion. I love everything about the song from the beat, to the lyrics, to the theme. I wish it would have gotten more performances than just the Circus Tour. 

·      This song is about want a real man, love it... Deserved to be a hit.

·      when I listen to this I’m instantly transported to my tween self changing my layouts on Myspace, reposting dumb bulletins, watching x17 videos for hours, and catching up on all things britney that I missed over the last 9 years of her career at that point

·      An 8 but i'll give another 0.5 because the line "cause new Britney's on a mission" is now iconic to the fandom.

is 5 places ahead sis. u should go back to #14 where u really belong

9b3a.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
18 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Hey guys, I didn’t forget about this or my new weekly thread (Music Vault Wednesdays) but I won’t be participating :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: my brother passed away this past week :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:which is why Ive been absent. This is my favorite Britney album :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad: Have fun and hold your loved ones close.

I will be back eventually :tear_tissue_crying_wendy_williams_red_sobbing_sad_napkin:

I hope you feel better soon... (((VIRTUAL HUG)))

• Love 1

8 - Get Back

Overall rate: 8.665

giphy.gif

Lowest rate: 1/10 @PokemonSpears

Highest rate: 11/10 (x2) @Lemon_Drop @thelegendney 

Comments:

·      great banger i don’t know why it wasn’t included as a main track

·     Would have fit well on the standard edition! The production is so chaotic which just makes the song so much more danceable. Would have loved to see this performed with thrilling choreography. 

·     underrated masterpiece

·     slept on

·     Iconic. Should've been on the main track list and released as a single. I need to see it being performed live. "let me see ya, move. Let me see ya. Dance. Let me see ya. Go. Danja, bring it back" 

·      If it werent for Heaven on earth, this song would have got my 11/10! This song deserved more than to be but as a bonus track. It is such a revengous, flawless, staggering fab, fierce, and iconic song and it deserves more recognition in the fandom, its just that great!

·      IDK why this song isn’t on the standard version. 

·      WTF should have been on the actual album!

·      I love the dark and Halloween vibe this song brings. The chorus is making me cry tbh because I miss clubbing so much. There's a gay club that plays Blackout songs every single Saturday and I miss getting down

·     It samples a huge song so its easy to jump to comparison. Its not as good as Sweet Dreams but there are some cool parts.

·     Makes you want to move- party, workout.  An eargasm.

·     Catchy and fun!

·      I can’t believe this was only a bonus track!! It’s legit one of the best Blackout tracks and would have made a killer single (although I’m still glad they went with Gimme More as lead in the end). This song just feels so daring, innovative, I love the chopped and screwed inspired breakdown before the end! Such an amazing, epic BAWP. 

·      I get Missy Elliott vibes. Would have also been a great first single, but I wouldn’t be willing to trade out Gimme More.

·     Oof this was perfect and should have taken Hot As Ice's place on the album. I can see why they were considering it for the lead single, but Gimme More was just TOO perfect!

·     Love this song. Could have been a single (and almost was). Party Britney in full effect. 

·       i don't care for it. It's OK.

• Love 6
  • Like 2