What are your Top 3 favorite Avril Lavigne songs ?

8 minutes ago, Barajas said:

Sweet home Alabama is such a classic! you should watch it @Midnight.
@CrazyButItFeelsAllright have you watched the recent series from Resee? (The Morning Show, Big Little Lies, Little Fires Everywhere) they are awesome!! I love her soo much :praisega::clap1:

Yes! Except for The Morning Show. I got a free year of Apple TV with my new Mac, but I’ve been saving it for a good time. I have vacation coming up so may save it for then! 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Midnight said:

Do you guys like Avril ? I've been rediscovering her music all over again. I hadn't played her music in a really long time. 

I can say her first two albums Let Go and Under My Skin  still remain favorites of mine, they are even better than I remember them.

As far as The Best Damn Thing, Goodbye Lullaby, Avril Lavigne and Head Above Water are good albums, they definitely have some gems but, they lack that spark that the first two albums have,

so without further ado here are my top three favorite Avril Lavigne songs.

1, Nobody's Home, such a deep and emotionally charged song.

2,  Mobile,  I feel so nostalgic when I listen to this song. The feeling I get is overwhelming. 

3,  Happy Ending, you were everything, everything that I wanted we were meant to be supposed be but we lost it, all our memories so close to me just fade away, all this time you were pretending so much for my happy ending.

Honorable mentions, Sk8ter Boi, Losing Grip, I'm With You, Complicated, Nobody's Fool, Knocking On Heaven's Door, Don't Tell Me, Freak Out, Hot, Alone, Keep Holding On, Goodbye, Let Me Go, Give You What You Like, Bad Girl, Falling Fast and her amazing cover of Nicklback's hit song How You Remind Me.

D2123D8D-487B-4F76-BDA6-CF0B110DEABA.thumb.jpeg.ec2220e99c83e6039bc985c17b28b461.jpeg

Taste!

This is turning into Femme Fatale all over again!

I'm just gonna list my top 5 from each of her albums.

Let Go

1. Anything But Ordinary
  2. Mobile
  3. Too Much To Ask
  4. Naked
  5. Complicated

Under My Skin

1. My Happy Ending
  2. Nobody's Home
  3. Slipped Away
  4. Don't Tell Me
  5. Together

The Best Damn Thing

1. Runaway
  2. When You're Gone
  3. Keep Holding On
  4. I Will Be
  5. Alone

Goodbye Lullaby (It was tough to come up with five, This is where most fans probably jumped ship)

1. Smile
  2. What The Hell
  3. Wish You Were Here
  4. Push
  5. I Love You

Avril Lavigne

1. Give You What You Like
  2. Hello Heartache
  3. Let Me Go
  4. Bad Girl
  5. Hush Hush

Head Above Water (I honestly hadn't listened to this album until today)

1. I Fell In Love With The Devil
  2. Tell Me It's Over
  3. Bigger Wow
  4. Birdie
  5. It Was In Me

If you take all of those and put them together it's fairly cohesive, but that also means she hasn't really evolved at all.

I think Avril's problem was the drastic change in appearance on The Best Damn Thing, then taking too long between the rest of the releases.

I feel like a bulk of her fan base moved on to Kelly Clarkson or Taylor Swift, cuz they seemed to take on that sound.

The Avril Lavigne album was the right direction to go in, but it was just too late.

• Love 2

Omg, I completely forgot that she even existed.  :jackk:  I kinda stopped listening to her after the real Avril died and then they replaced her with Melissa. Okay jk, but not really..  :jackk:

1 - I’m With You - I think it’s her most beautiful song, it really shows the depth of her songwriting and I was very surprised to hear such a song on her debut album. It’s so, I dunno, very mature. 
2 - How Does It Feel - same reasons as above. Gorgeous song and I think it’s such a standout. I love the “I am young and I am free..” line. It has a lot to say about What we’re all feeling and how all of us are different but the same at heart. 
3 - When You’re Gone - Omg, this song used to make me cry I remember watching the video on TRL, it’s so lovely and has a beautiful message. It’s one of her softer songs and I think although her punky pop songs are great, it’s music like this where she really shines. 

And also her Girlfriend Remix with Lil Mama, it’s iconic. We have to stan, there’s no other logical choice sis.  :jackk:   :jabba:   :tbh:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block