Do y'all pick up habits/speech patterns from artists you look up to?

17 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Growing up it was more apparent since we are sponges when we’re younger, but now I’ll just imitate for fun. I like to over exaggerate my singing and I become Marina whenever I hear songs where her accent is more dominant like 

:ricackle:

her accent is really strong and dominant, whenever i listen to her songs i feel like im being commanded by her. :yeahhh:

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, BONO Productions said:

There was a phase in my britney stan life that I got too curious about her way of pronouncing her Ls that i adapted it

but I stopped because my friends were poking fun at me, calling me a reptile.  :yesokay:

No one’s ever called me out on it before :ohdear: But I realize I do it all the time :ehum:

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Mandy Moore also does it. I don't know if she still does today but I noticed it more on her than on Britney back in the day. :mattafact:

I actually never realized Mandy did it until I watched A Walk To Remember the other day and saw her doing it too :disbelief: I wonder if that was one of the requirements of being a pop girl back then? :britlol:

• Haha 2

when he was a little he copied all his gestures. Between 2011 and 2012 she imitated Britney's bitter face and her way of dressing (with wide and old clothes) :orangu:. In 2014 he imitated his "ah" face in chaotic. 2018 I applauded when I liked something :clap1:until my friends told me it seemed mentally ********

and finally in 2019 I had smoked so much ********* that I started to imitate this video (clearly my boyfriend didn't know what he was doing)

6 minutes ago, blackoutbixxh said:

I actually never realized Mandy did it until I watched A Walk To Remember the other day and saw her doing it too I wonder if that was one of the requirements of being a pop girl back then?

SCREAMING at requirements. Now I wanna watch Xtina and Successica videos to check. :gloria:

Yes. Watch the 'Candy' mv and you'll see her do the L on "i'm missing you Like candy". :comingthru:

• Love 1

When I was younger I used to literally walk like Avril. If anyone knows what I'm talking about - that "punk kid" walk with your arms out like a dinosaur showing off your arm bands?  Like your always half lifting your arms to your face to sweep your hair back or something? I dn LOL but omg I copied everything about Avril Lavigne back in the day including all her clothes. Basically all my outfits were based on exact replicas of hers. 

I have the same natural hair colour as hers and I've literally had all her hair styles - I changed them as she did depending on era.......

dont tell me avril lavigne GIF  

GIF by Avril Lavigne - I had an outfit literally exactly like this and had pink extensions. a stranger actually told me they thought I WAS avril Lavigne. I was so thrilled  lmao.

I was obsessed. 

avril lavigne GIF

dead. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block