Madonna's I'm breathless album turns 30.

https://www.albumism.com/features/madonna-im-breathless-turns-30-anniversary-retrospective

One of Madonna's most important albums. Is the big band album I'm breathless. Writing six original songs and producing all 12 with the likes Of Patrick Leonard,  Bill bottrell and Shep Shep Pettibone. Madonna was able to create an original album of music from the 1930's. Thx to her breathless mohoney role in Duck tracy. Disney even did merch as Madonna's character knowing that she would be a big draw to the box office.

To even do the songs written by Broadway legend Stephen Sondheim. Madonna nailed it. Even including a killer oscar performance full of camp..

If anything that can be truly said about Tge 90d era of Madonna. 

Where the 80s is her commercial success. 90s Madonna is her artistic peak. She didn't care about the commercial success..90s was all about establishing her artistry..

I'm breathless 1930s jazz album

Erotica. The first album by a woman in rock music to be positively celebrating her sexuality in its most explicit form. 

Seriously.  I think people don't like making love. They really are into a fick. 

Bedtime stories. 90s R&B with the best of the best of that era. I have yet to see a modern day Dallas Austin or a modern day Babyface. Still sound like A Madonna album.

Something to remember. The first ever love songs and ballads collection ever. Thx to the success. Elton john and a few other acts captured on the success of a ballads only compilation due to the success achieved by Madonna's best of ballads. 

Evita. Her biggest and most celebrated film to date. Hell Andrew lloyd webber  wanted Madonna to do the lead role in a film adaptation of Sunset boulevard. Take that Petty lupew. 

Ray of light. Introducing European and rave music to mainstream audiences. And it worked. Madonna made it emotional and not so much being trippy..

Ending her artistic peak with Beautiful stranger. The best Austin powers song tp date. 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived