There's a new 'Twilight' book on the way: 'Midnight Sun'

• Leader

Author Stephenie Meyer, who created the iconic Twilight series, has a new one on the way. 

It's titled Midnight Sun and will go on sale August 4th. It's written from the point of view of Edward Cullen. 

Feels appropriately timed tbh.

“I thought seriously about delaying this announcement until things were back to normal,” Ms. Meyer said in a statement. “However, that felt wrong, considering how long those who are eager for this book have already waited.”

She added: “I know how much I personally need distractions right now, how much I need something to look forward to, and most of all, how much I need more books to read. So, I hope this book gives my readers a little pleasure to anticipate and, after it arrives, a chance to live in an imaginary world for a while.”

“Meeting beautiful, mysterious Bella is both the most intriguing and unnerving event he has experienced in his long life as a vampire,” the publisher, Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, said in its listing for the book. “As we learn more fascinating details about Edward’s past and the complexity of his inner thoughts, we understand why this is the defining struggle on his life. How can he let himself fall in love with Bella when he knows that he is endangering her life?”

We got any Twilight fans in the house? 

More importantly... Team Edward or Team Jacob? :jj: 

EXLb6fjVcAAaRkx?format=jpg&name=largetwilight.jpg.fd10239d4f4e71e79c3b1f66c63a3830.jpg

• Love 2

Oh Twilight, I remember  the time when a couple of my  female friends convinced me to read the books. I read them, felt "meh" about the whole franchise. Then a few years later 50 Shades of Grey was published and the same girls recommended me the book (surprise! it was a ******* Twilight fanfiction) and after one hour of listening the audiobook on youtube, I stopped.

What's up with those creepy *** men entering the girl's rooms? If a man entered my room at night (or had been watching me SLEEPING) or the storage room of my workplace, no one is going to stop me to call the police.

Yeah, not interested in vampires who sparkle in the sun. :cackling: 

• Love 1

I read the first book and thought to myself “ Eh sure, it’s cute, it’s no Harry Potter, but it’s cute sis”. Then I started New Moon and halfway through,  I thought to myself “ ifireadfourmorepagesofthis*****describingedwardandhowcuteheiseverytimehewalksintoaroomiamgoingtokillmyself” so I rebuked the series and never looked back 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Love 1
1 hour ago, JordanMiller said:

Lol I mean, I'm kinda here for it. When I think of the time in my life the books and movies came out... good times. 

I did like the first movie when I was 18. I just realized after that it was... special. It definitely started when I read the second book... lol 

I read the first two books. great teen fiction. 

the movie was so bad and so cringe I couldn't even get through it. it didn't help that Robert Pattinson wasn't my cup of tea. I didn't see new moon but I prob should have - just to see more of Taylor lautner.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.