What do you guys think of my song "Quarantine"?

Paulacristina87

Hello my name is Paula, I'm new to this forum. I'm a writer and singer from Portugal and I recently wrote a song called "Quarantine" about my emotions, thoughts and feelings in these turbulent times we are living in. I don't play any instrument as of now so I decided to just record it acapella on my pocket recorder and upload it to youtube. It's very raw and there's surely room for improvement if I was ever wish to release it in  the future (I would need an actual instrumental of course lol).

For me it's just a simple way of expressing myself and release some steam. I hope you can relate and enjoy it. Let me know what you think please. Sending you lots of love!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Rik how are you sweety? Thank you so much for replying to this thread and having the kindness to check out my song. I think you mean doing background vocals over my primary voice to make it multilayered is that it? I don't know how to do that but I can try to learn. I did intended it to be raw and not very polished and I feel like it's a snapshot of the uncertain times we live in. 

Roxxy thank you so much for the encouraging words and for making me feel brave. :) 

I have written thousands of songs since I was 14 up until now (I'm 32) and never really put myself out there  because of fear so I've been taking baby steps in that direction. For anyone interested I have another song up on youtube called Moonlight (this one actually has an instrumental). I would like to record it again professionally but I think the main elements are there. If you can give me feedback on it as well I would appreciate a lot. 

I'm thinking maybe I will do some a acapella conceptual albums on youtube because I have so many songs that I need to bring to life in any way that I can.

Also I uploaded my first youtube channel talking about how I'm holding up during this challenging times. I'm bad at editing, I'm just beginning to learn.  If you'd like to hear me rambling in footage that gets messy sometimes this is your opportunity lol

I love you guys so much from the bottom of my heart! 

Thank you.

I will look forward to any opinions, advice and impressions on your side.

Big kisses,

Paula**

Hi Jordan I didn't see your comment. Thank you for the kind words. I just thought it would be nice to share it since we are all into this together. It's a bit daunting but I guess after long years of holding back I'm finally able to fight for my dreams and see what the reception is. Big kisses**

Archived