What was the original Britney album tracklist?

1 hour ago, Alex_1991 said:

1) I Run away has nothing to do with Crossroads. 

2) She said "every song except two" for In The Zone. 

3) She never, ever spoke in public about baby can't you see. 

4) She stated that Cinderella was her favourite song. 

I don't think they had a totally different tracklkst ready. They had this idea of the two different records and they were going in that direction, but they changed their mind like midway, before slave and boys were recorded and before the "Shock Your Mind" title. 

Mad Love, Sinner, Intimidated were probably part of the original body of work. 

I Run Away was first mentioned to me by a trader who claimed he had an early version of the song which was originally part of the soundtrack and since he also sent me snippets of songs by other artists like Kylie which haven't leaked to this day I chose to believe him. Again she did mention plenty of times how at that point the album was almost entirely written by her

She also mentioned that the first song she recorded with the Neptunes was a ballad and since Baby Can't You See was the first out of the four songs to be registered I just assumed it was the one

"So I went in the studio with Pharrell and Chad, and they are the funniest guys in the whole world to work with. Such really funny guys and we actually recorded a ballad first, a beautiful folk song that didn’t make the album. It’ll probably go on the next album."

https://web.archive.org/web/20120609185005/https://www.hiponline.com/3271/britney-spears-interview-2001.html

I can't find the exact source right now, it might have been an MTV News article but I clearly remember her saying that her favourite song off the album was What It's Like to Be Me

And was Shock Your Mind ever confirmed as a title? Every time they mentioned the record they referred to it as the "yet untitled third studio album"

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Freudian said:

She'll Never Be Me & What Is Like To Be Me (with JT's backvocals) at the same album? I thought the first one is to addresing JT & his next gf (Cameron Diaz or someone else). Is it even chronogicially possible? 

Justin wrote on She'll Never Be Me, you know that right ? It's just a coincidence :mcorangu:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, PlayboiMommy said:

Rumour goes that when I'm a Slave 4 U was first released a radio station received a promo CD with a snippet of Turn on the Night as a B-Side, then the radio station held a contest for it and the winner posted the lyrics online

Mind you this all happened in 2001 when everyone would be quick to believe what they just read on a forum without hesitation

The lyrics themselves are mostly nonsensical and badly put together

Hmm those lyrics almost seem fanmade haha, especially because of the BOMT/YDMC references but then again Britney referenced BOTH of those songs in the chorus of Inside Out. So anything is possible :tbh: 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • 10 months later...
On 3/24/2020 at 6:22 PM, Isla said:

Hmm those lyrics almost seem fanmade haha, especially because of the BOMT/YDMC references but then again Britney referenced BOTH of those songs in the chorus of Inside Out. So anything is possible :tbh: 

Yeah, but she made those references in 2011, 13 years into her career, when she had already proven to be a stable factor. If she would've made those references in her song in 2001, 3 years into her career and only having released two albums, powerful and successful as they be, it would be received as corny at best, arrogant at worst.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, BabyGirl | AALIYAH said:

Yeah, but she made those references in 2011, 13 years into her career, when she had already proven to be a stable factor. If she would've made those references in her song in 2001, 3 years into her career and only having released two albums, powerful and successful as they be, it would be received as corny at best, arrogant at worst.

You really replying to this 10 months later huh? :sneer_purple_hat_smile_smirk_there_tree_:

• Haha 1
On 3/24/2020 at 12:15 AM, Alex_1991 said:

1) I Run away has nothing to do with Crossroads. 

2) She said "every song except two" for In The Zone. 

3) She never, ever spoke in public about baby can't you see. 

4) She stated that Cinderella was her favourite song. 

I don't think they had a totally different tracklkst ready. They had this idea of the two different records and they were going in that direction, but they changed their mind like midway, before slave and boys were recorded and before the "Shock Your Mind" title. 

Mad Love, Sinner, Intimidated were probably part of the original body of work. 

Leave me alone with bringing up Shock your Mind 🤣...I was like 13 and came up with lyrics to that supposed song. Preview below! 

“Shock your mind like lightning. Shock your mind like thunder baby. Shock your mind like Lightning. All Night long!” 

💀💀💀

• Love 1
7 hours ago, BabyGirl | AALIYAH said:

You mean...like how she references BOMT lyrics in Stronger?

• Like 2
  • 6 months later...
On 3/24/2020 at 12:50 AM, Roxxy said:

Ok so I did some digging and found an old thread where members have said that BTG was unfinished - 'according' to the producers. I just wish there were receipts/links so I will be enlightened. :mattafact:

I interviewed one of the songwriters and producers for the track.  The episode comes out tomorrow. 

• Like 1
On 3/24/2020 at 2:22 AM, PlayboyMommy said:

I Run Away was first mentioned to me by a trader who claimed he had an early version of the song which was originally part of the soundtrack and since he also sent me snippets of songs by other artists like Kylie which haven't leaked to this day I chose to believe him. Again she did mention plenty of times how at that point the album was almost entirely written by her

She also mentioned that the first song she recorded with the Neptunes was a ballad and since Baby Can't You See was the first out of the four songs to be registered I just assumed it was the one

I can't find the exact source right now, it might have been an MTV News article but I clearly remember her saying that her favourite song off the album was What It's Like to Be Me

And was Shock Your Mind ever confirmed as a title? Every time they mentioned the record they referred to it as the "yet untitled third studio album"

I have an episode with the songwriter for I RUN AWAY and a few other britney tracks.  He clears up a lot of false information.  

• Love 1

I was able to chat with Joshua S, the cowriter/producer behind many of the Britney album tracks.  He cleared up a lot of misinformation.  I have episodes coming up talking about I RUN AWAY, BEFORE THE GOODBYE, BRING ME HOME, ANTICIPATING, LET ME BE, LONELY and BRAVE NEW GIRL, DONT HANG UP. 

Already released were THat's Where you take me, My only wish (This year) and Right Now (Taste The Victory).  

We talk a lot about the production of CROSSROADS/BRITNEY.  https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-original-doll-britney-spears/id1528417596?i=1000530699594

• Love 2
  • 4 months later...
On 3/24/2020 at 12:58 AM, PlayboyMommy said:

As we all know, before Britney was released, Jive originally meant to release Britney and a Crossroads soundtrack album separately. Britney herself stated on multiple interviews at the time that she had co-written all but two songs on the album. If we were to take out all the songs originally meant for the Crossroads soundtrack (Bombastic Love, I Love Rock 'n' Roll, I Run Away, I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman & Overprotected) there would be 19 songs left

Out of this songs we know that Before the Goodbye and Mad Love were not finished so they were never part of the album. Then she also mentioned how Baby Can't You See ultimately didn't make the cut and how she didn't want to release Cinderella in the first place which leaves us with 15 songs, 9 of them co-written by Britney

Taking all this into account, what do you guys think the original album tracklist looked like? :weirdmeout:

Now that it has been confirmed by Josh Schwarz that Let Me Be was also written for Crossroads, I think the following were meant for Britney album:

1. Am I a Sinner (Produced by Riprock & Alex G)
  2. Anticipating (Produced by Brian Kierulf & Josh Schwartz)
  3. Before the Goodbye (Produced by BT)
  4. Boys (Produced by The Neptunes)
  5. Bring Me Home (Produced by Brian Kierulf & Josh Schwartz)
  6. I'm a Slave 4 U (Produced by The Neptunes)
  7. I Run Away (Produced by Brian Kierulf & Josh Schwartz)
  8. Intimidated (Produced by Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins)
  9. Lonely (Produced by Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins)
  10. Mad Love (Produced by Riprock & Alex G)
  11. She’ll Never Be Me (Produced by Riprock & Alex G)
  12. That's Where You Take Me (Produced by Brian Kierulf & Josh Schwartz)
  13. What It's Like to Be Me (Produced by Wade Robson & Justin Timberlake)
  14. When I Found You (Produced by Peter Kvint)
  15. When I Say So (Produced by BT)

The following were for crossroads

1. Overprotected
  2. Not a Girl
  3. Bombastic Love
  4. Cinderella
  5. I Love Rock n Roll
  6. Let Me Be

• Love 4
  • 3 weeks later...