What was the original Britney album tracklist?

On 3/24/2020 at 7:22 AM, PlayboyMommy said:

I Run Away was first mentioned to me by a trader who claimed he had an early version of the song which was originally part of the soundtrack and since he also sent me snippets of songs by other artists like Kylie which haven't leaked to this day I chose to believe him. Again she did mention plenty of times how at that point the album was almost entirely written by her

She also mentioned that the first song she recorded with the Neptunes was a ballad and since Baby Can't You See was the first out of the four songs to be registered I just assumed it was the one

I can't find the exact source right now, it might have been an MTV News article but I clearly remember her saying that her favourite song off the album was What It's Like to Be Me

And was Shock Your Mind ever confirmed as a title? Every time they mentioned the record they referred to it as the "yet untitled third studio album"

As far as I know,it is the official title,I still have the magazine  sites published at that time,but because of 9 11 it was changed.

On 8/3/2021 at 10:09 AM, JamesRodriguez said:

I was able to chat with Joshua S, the cowriter/producer behind many of the Britney album tracks.  He cleared up a lot of misinformation.  I have episodes coming up talking about I RUN AWAY, BEFORE THE GOODBYE, BRING ME HOME, ANTICIPATING, LET ME BE, LONELY and BRAVE NEW GIRL, DONT HANG UP. 

Already released were THat's Where you take me, My only wish (This year) and Right Now (Taste The Victory).  

We talk a lot about the production of CROSSROADS/BRITNEY.  https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-original-doll-britney-spears/id1528417596?i=1000530699594

Hey, I don't have iTunes, is there any other way I can listen to that podcast?

On 3/24/2020 at 12:58 AM, PlayboyMommy said:

As we all know, before Britney was released, Jive originally meant to release Britney and a Crossroads soundtrack album separately. Britney herself stated on multiple interviews at the time that she had co-written all but two songs on the album. If we were to take out all the songs originally meant for the Crossroads soundtrack (Bombastic Love, I Love Rock 'n' Roll, I Run Away, I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman & Overprotected) there would be 19 songs left

Out of this songs we know that Before the Goodbye and Mad Love were not finished so they were never part of the album. Then she also mentioned how Baby Can't You See ultimately didn't make the cut and how she didn't want to release Cinderella in the first place which leaves us with 15 songs, 9 of them co-written by Britney

Taking all this into account, what do you guys think the original album tracklist looked like? :weirdmeout:

1. Brit didn't want Cinderella or Bombastic Love on it. 

2. My Big Secret is from Blackout 

She'll Never Be Me was probably on the OG tracklist too (Mad Love idk) 

BTG was left unfinished and was a bonus track. 

On 3/24/2020 at 4:44 AM, Isla said:

Well except Before the Goodbye DID make the album, as a bonus track :mcorangu:

the leaked songs (except maybe Mad Love?) probably would have been on the album. Bring Me Home maybe as well.  At least in place of Overprotected, Not a Girl and I Love Rock N Roll (and maybe Bombastic Love, cause I think that song was originally meant to be used for Crossroads)

Isn’t there also an unreleased song called Turn On the Night?

This. 

• Like 2

Before The Goodbye could be cool as first single.

Am I Sinner and She’ll Never Be Me is wasted opportunity for great worldwide banger.

Was half of She’ll Never Be Mecrekeased in 2002 in Australia/Asia accidentally?

I wonder why they went with Greatest Hits in 2004 not with new album if they had a lot of songs. 4 singles easily could be. Only to tour Britney wouldn’t accepted.

and why there is still no B-side/Unreleased demo song album? 25 years soon will be how Britney on the big scene, professional solo artist - and no something special?