Katy Perry's new album is finished

• Leader

Here's a bit of good news!

Katy Perry's new album, dubbed KP5, is reportedly finished. :katybelt:

The Director of Marketing for Capitol Records confirmed so, describing the record as "mature." :katycream:

I'm not sure what that means, but it *should* sound different than her previous works. Katy usually releases colorful, bright, tongue-in-cheek songs/videos. Mature will be a departure from her past stuff, and I think it's welcome. :katycry:

Are you excited for Katy's mature new album? :katyfrog:

katy-perry-finished.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I'm not exactly sure how I feel about "mature". Seems like all our faves want nothing to do with gay pop anymore and are making ultra mature/political records like Anti and Lemonade and want to stay as far away from their Louds and B'Days. But I stan all pop queens so I'll be here for it regardless. I'll be waiting, Katy. :mattafact:

• Haha 1
  • Like 7
33 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

I'm not exactly sure how I feel about "mature". Seems like all our faves want nothing to do with gay pop anymore and are making ultra mature/political records like Anti and Lemonade and want to stay as far away from their Louds and B'Days. But I stan all pop queens so I'll be here for it regardless. I'll be waiting, Katy. :mattafact:

Beyonce said let me upgrade u but she misunderstood the word :rip:

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

The thing is that nobody ever intentionally made music for the gays until about 2012... Gay people just used to have good taste. :surething:

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Brat2017 said:

She thought Dark Horse would carry her

7 hours ago, alienatedNey said:

Lmao remember when she was supposed to go dark pop and people thought her Blckout era was coming. Then she released Roar as her first single :tifflmao:

then Prism dropped :jlostare:

Those rumors actually do have a point because initially Katy had many such songs for her record focused on the depression she used to face after her divorce with Russel. One such was Dance With The Devil (Witness bonus track) which talks about alcohol addiction and Dark Horse. 

Capitol came to know of this and they made her redo a lighter album because most of her fans from Teenage Dream would be dissapointed if that was the case. 

:pika:

9 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

Here's a bit of good news!

Katy Perry's new album, dubbed KP5, is reportedly finished. :katybelt:

The Director of Marketing for Capitol Records confirmed so, describing the record as "mature." :katycream:

I'm not sure what that means, but it *should* sound different than her previous works. Katy usually releases colorful, bright, tongue-in-cheek songs/videos. Mature will be a departure from her past stuff, and I think it's welcome. :katycry:

Are you excited for Katy's mature new album? :katyfrog:

katy-perry-finished.jpg

She's pregnant and there's the covid thing. When is she planning to release it? The time line makes literally zero sense. 

It will be a huge, devastating flop. Not like "ehy she's not selling like she used to" kind of flop, something like "5k copies sold" kind of flop. 

Hope it's a decent pop record at least

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block