Pride: Pop Divas And Their Connection With The LGBTQ Community

Jordan Miller

• Leader

pride-pop-divas.jpg

AH, LOVE AND RAINBOWS ARE IN THE AIR AND PRIDE IS HERE.

Every year, the LGBTQ community comes together in the month of June to rally, and this year brimming with colorful displays of equality. It’s an opportunity to celebrate diversity and inclusion. It’s a moment to come together in a safe space and feel seen, liberated, and loved. Pride parades and festivals are taking place all over the world and it’s a pretty incredible thing to see as someone who belongs to the LGBTQ community myself. It’s a celebration and movement that gets larger with each passing year. Of course, no pride festival is complete without music pulsating up and down the streets. I mean, did pride even happen if you didn’t hear “Born This Way” at least once? Whether it’s Madonna’s “Material Girl” or Britney’s “Work *****” blasting at your local gay bar or club, one thing is for sure – there is a lineup of pop legends that resonate with the gay community. 

Have you ever wondered what life is about? You could search the world and never figure it out. I have spent years wondering why so many LGBTQ people gravitate towards the same pop divas. While, I want to avoid making vast generalizations here – as obviously everyone has their own unique taste, there is no denying a common thread here that ties the LGBTQ together with some of these pop music legends. Lots of LGBTQ people make-up the core audience for the likes of Madonna, Britney, Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Cher, Rihanna, Kylie, Mariah, Taylor Swift and many others. Why is that? And what do most of these reigning women have in common with the LGBTQ community, even if many of them are straight women?

To answer that we will need to peel a very subjective, unscientific onion. I could probably write an entire book trying to dissect this. But for now, let’s keep it high level. 

Read the full RX story on BreatheHeavy.com then leave a comment!

https://www.breatheheavy.com/pride-pop-divas/

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived