What are some places or holiday destinations that you hate?

Shadow2003

'Sup, everyone! :hiii:

I made this thread to liven this place up a bit and the topic was inspired by r/AskReddit.

Now, as the title suggests, what are some cities, places or holiday destinations that you hate / can't stand? It can be the city you live in, a city nearby, a place you've visited on holiday once, you get what I mean.

That's all really have to say, so...

Discuss! :letitburn:

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never been on vacation and hated it and I've traveled a lot.. :girlwhat: in general though, I'm not a fan of sandy beaches (even though the majority of beaches are).. I've been to some amazing beaches with rocks / pebbles instead of sand and it's marvelous.. while the rocks do get really hot, it's still so much better than sand.. sand is literally like glitter, once you get it on you, you'll have it stick around for days if not weeks.. it's annoying, it's itchy, it gets everywhere (in your food, in your mouth, in your crotch, in your phone, in your shoes, etc.).. thanks but no thanks.. :idkha:

I didn’t like Turkey very much. The country itself was beautiful, but the sellers at the resort were very intense, like “Buy this, I”ll do good discount”, “Come here, these clothes are beautiful”. One seller even grabbed my boyfriend’s arm and pulled him to the store and said “Come buy this bag that your girlfriend liked” :watrusayin: 

20 hours ago, Our World Is So Nice said:

Unpopular opinion but i dont enjoy London at all :ipass: been quite alot for various trips to see shows or work related stuff and its just not my thing :gloss: 

:o I live in London!!! For the most part I like it, although of course some areas aren't safe. How comes you didn't like it? 

On 6/6/2019 at 11:12 AM, Miss_R said:

I didn’t like Turkey very much. The country itself was beautiful, but the sellers at the resort were very intense, like “Buy this, I”ll do good discount”, “Come here, these clothes are beautiful”. One seller even grabbed my boyfriend’s arm and pulled him to the store and said “Come buy this bag that your girlfriend liked” :watrusayin: 

I've heard really bad things about Turkey and the fact that the men there are a bit shady. A shame because some of the beaches/resorts there look nice.

1 hour ago, Isla. said:

:o I live in London!!! For the most part I like it, although of course some areas aren't safe. How comes you didn't like it? 

Haha sorry mate! 

Im a Norfolk gal and i just dont enjoy city life. Its not that dislike London its just not for me :queenriri: too crowded and noisy and busy and expensive :forkit:

58 minutes ago, Our World Is So Nice said:

Haha sorry mate! 

Im a Norfolk gal and i just dont enjoy city life. Its not that dislike London its just not for me :queenriri: too crowded and noisy and busy and expensive :forkit:

Oh it is all of those three things tbh haha, but I'm used to it cause I'm a city gal ;) 

9 hours ago, Miss_R said:

sounds about right :paper:

India - waaay to crowded, smells terrible almost everywhere, annyoing sellers and we almost stepped into poop a handful of times.

Dubai - everything is ugly but the buildings. There is just nothing there in terms of beautiful nature everything is artificia.

Any Arab country Ive ever been to - as a blonde woman with big ***** its unbearable and those men are disgusting. Following me up to my hotel room, having bartenders slip notes through my door asking "how much?", asking my father "how much" etc. just NO.

Every Asian country Ive been too but NOT because there was anything wrong with the country but because I just cant f**king sleep there. Nothing is enjoyable if you cant sleep for a week lol. Thailand is worth suffering for tho. I love it.

San Fransisco. There are waaaay to many homeless people there. The whole city center smells like urine and its just nasty.  Dont get me wrong I dont "hate homeless people" but they make me feel awful becuase I want to help but I cant because there are so many and I just end up feeling awful anytime I walk past someone without giving them money.

Spain - I honestly dont know why people complain so much about the French imo they CAN speak english but they dont want to. Spanish people on the other hand literally dont seem to know any english and its annoying as a tourist. Same goes for Italy but they make up for it with good food. Also the whole fiesta thing is a big no go and everything I ate there was ****. Even the airport staff didnt speak english that well.

Turkey - Also the sellers + we went on this tour where they showed us this giant jewelarry store and the second we got there someone offered to polish my moms engagement ring as a free gift from the store. My mom thought it was nice and said ok. They basically wouldnt give us the ring back until we bought something and 2 weeks after the trip the diamond that was in that ring for 30 years all of a sudden fell out and my mom lost it. We are pretty sure they replaced the diamond with some cheap swarowski **** or something. Also they treated the stray dogs terribly.

On 6/5/2019 at 11:07 PM, I Always Sing Live said:

I've never been on vacation and hated it and I've traveled a lot.. :girlwhat: in general though, I'm not a fan of sandy beaches (even though the majority of beaches are).. I've been to some amazing beaches with rocks / pebbles instead of sand and it's marvelous.. while the rocks do get really hot, it's still so much better than sand.. sand is literally like glitter, once you get it on you, you'll have it stick around for days if not weeks.. it's annoying, it's itchy, it gets everywhere (in your food, in your mouth, in your crotch, in your phone, in your shoes, etc.).. thanks but no thanks.. :idkha:

Omg rocky beaches are the worst. I spent 2 weeks in croatia last year and couldnt get over the fact that i had to put on shoes to go into the water. Also it just doesnt look nice in pictures.

But yeah.. sand can be annoying.

CaringIncompleteArchaeocete-size_restric

23 hours ago, rawbrit said:

:paper: why? just curious

OK well, I'm a "look alike" "straight guy" but  openly gay so, a bunch of friends invited me to russia cuz they love soccer so, I went but the anti gay laws are a f**king mess there, so there was so MANY restrictions for the general people, but for gays... Man, jail is the only way to go. One day I found this gorgeous russian hunk and I was so ready to go behind bars for him, and I kinda did... The point is that Russia is not a place to be openly gay, Black, JW or something related. BUT IN MEXICO, WE HAVE LOVELY GAY FRIENDLY HOTELS, 5 STARS AND AMAZING PRICES FOR THE BEST SERVICE. 

Archived