How are you dealing with getting older?

• Super Mods
3 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Like this :scalped:

I try to exercise but I'm never disciplined enough. I also struggle to eat a lot, so I'm very skinny. That's why some people think I'm younger, but my receding hairline reveals the truth :haha: Which is unfair because I still can't get rid of acne since I was a teenager, so it's like I'm going straight from teen to old :icant2:

I also sleep just 4-5 hrs a day which I know will eventually pass me the bill. And because of my job I spend almost all day sitting in front of my computer.

I don't feel THAT old yet though, even though I already turned 27 in June, but it's mostly because I'm the youngest of three siblings and my family always treats me like the baby. For some reason even the rest of my relatives don't treat me like an adult either, even when I have younger cousins, I guess that's just my lack of maturity :oprah:

I am very aware that it's just downhill from here so all the time I'm like, I need to start taking care of me, but it just feels so difficult. Like, getting 8 hrs of sleep, that's the third part of the day, how am I suppose to finish my stuff with just 2/3 of the day? :beynah: Eating at my times, working out, relaxing, going on a walk, talk to friends and family and whatever else you need to do to have a life free of stress, but somehow having a job, and that's considering I'm still single living with my parents, can't even imagine living on my own, having to take care of everything at my house, or having a partner, children, etc. Idk it just feels so surreal, so I'm sure my current lifestyle will sooner rather than later take a toll on my overall health, but meanwhile I just keep avoiding reality while I can.

Story of my life :jl:

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

I don't. Cause honestly I am very aware that I look younger than my age. :makeitrain: On casual days where i'm not wearing corporate attire (pre-COVID19), people always think i'm still in college or that i'm a fresh grad. :gaspney:

I just take a lot of vitamins and have a skin care routine. :akii: and most of all, stop stressing. Stress makes you look old and dull. :barbie:

• Love 4

Well...from reading this thread I can tell that I am the oldest...I just turned 32 yesterday :goat: I can honestly say that after 30 I have noticed that daily maintenance is required (exercise, diet, skin care etc) but i also have good genes :ari: 

I definitely would say drink lots of water. Men should drink 3 liters per day. That helps keep my skin flawless :akii: and moisturizing daily plus sun screen is needed. Drink less alcohol! Alcohol is all sugar and I started gaining weight during shelter in place. Try to eat healthy and avoid eating junk food.

If you don’t have good genes and dont want to do any of the above then...

Botox GIF by memecandy

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block