The Official Pokémon Thread

redacted statement

here's my list (you don't have to do pictures):

Spoiler

001.png009.png012.png040.png045.png053.png055.png083.png124.png134.png151.png154.png181.png192.png196.png222.png254.png264.png267.png277.png279.png284.png301.png327.png330.png407.png428.png429.png431.png469.png510.png528.png542.png545.png556.png561.png573.png576.png581.png584.png593.png655.png678.png725.png743.png745.png756.png

typically I fall in love with a Pokemon after I've used it (unless it's a cat Pokemon, in that case I fall in love just by looking at it) which means that there's a lot of other potential favorites that could happen in the future.. :brit:some other bits of trivia:

Favorite Types: Grass and Psychic

Favorite Regions: Hoenn and Unova

if I had to pick 3 from this whole list: Sunflora, Oddish and Skitty (weird choices, I know, but it is what it is) :gloss:

192.png043.png300.png

if I had to notice a specific pattern in the types of Pokemon I like, I'd say it's either cats, Grass / Psychic types or Pokemon that are generally weird / quirky / unloved underdogs.. :unbothered:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

another thing: apparently all of the Pokemon game soundtracks are available on iTunes.. I've been an avid fan of Pokemon music ever since I started playing the games and the fact that you can purchase the music officially is so sick.. imagine paying 10$ for over a 100 tracks (I realise half of them aren't even songs but still).. they're cheap AF for the value you're getting, what a steal.. definitely buying the Ruby / Sapphire soundtrack (the trumpets are everything, y'all).. :crying3:

https://music.apple.com/us/album/pokémon-ruby-pokémon-sapphire-super-music-collection/820996217 

5 minutes ago, rawbrit said:

900px-249Lugia.png

the real star

I love Lugia, it's one of the better legendary Pokemon (I'm typically not crazy about legendaries) but its typing has always bothered me.. it's a Flying / Psychic type when it very obviously should have been a Flying / Water type considering its title is the "Diving Pokémon" and its Pokedex entries always talk about the ocean:

It is said that it quietly spends its time deep at the bottom of the sea because its powers are too strong.

It is said to be the guardian of the seas. It is rumored to have been seen on the night of a storm.

:mj:

37 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

I love Lugia, it's one of the better legendary Pokemon (I'm typically not crazy about legendaries) but its typing has always bothered me.. it's a Flying / Psychic type when it very obviously should have been a Flying / Water type considering its title is the "Diving Pokémon" and its Pokedex entries always talk about the ocean:

:mj:

:urite:

#whatwouldlugiado

It really is, the movie was also one of the better ones

2 minutes ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

350.png

Milotic- I mean, the most beautiful Pokemon :whatitellu: 

078.png

Rapidash looks fierce :hehehe:

079.png

The most relatable Pokemon ever :lemmetellu:

These are not actually my favorite. These ares some of the many I remember. Used to be a big fan as a kid. Haven't watched anything Pokemon related in ages :cutesybrit: Also felt like supporting @I Always Sing Live

Milotic is queen

900px-131Lapras.png

cover legendaries are absolutely awful, they look like bad fanart.. definitely the worst ones we've had since Reshiram and Zekrom (I like Reshiram but Zekrom, Kyurem and all that fusing bullshit literally look straight out of Yu-Gi-Oh!).. 

Spoiler

legendary_left_2x.jpglegendary_right_2x.jpg

ew.. :juggingu:

living for the female professor though:

Spoiler

people_professor_2x.jpg

she looks kinda evil though, wonder if there's a twist ending.. :britlol:

the gym leader Milo looks ridiculous, he looks like Carrot Top:

Spoiler

people_milo_2x.jpg

so far nothing interesting and worthwhile, I'm sad.. :crying3:

umm, I take back what I said.. I made my initial judgement solely based on the Sugimori art without even watching the video.. in motion everything looks really cool actually.. especially loving the Galar region, it's absolutely stunning.. :crying3: the whole giant Pokemon thing is absolutely ridiculous and I hate it.. I know Nintendo and GameFreak are known for their love of gimmicks and weird mechanics that only last for one generation of games and we've had some really cool ones over the years but this ain't it.. Totem Pokemon on ********?? no one asked for this.. :idkha: Rotom back at it again with the tutorials and constant dialogue but since Switch only has one screen I'm not too worried about Rotom being an annoying **** again.. :riri: you can tell the wild Pokemon area was solely deisgned to appease some of the fans that probably would have preferred the overworld encounter system from "Let's Go".. :tbh:

this previously unconfirmed leak may very well be 100% true because of how many things it got right from the Pokemon Direct.. it was posted on May 23rd, that's pretty much two weeks before today's Pokemon Direct.. here's a screenshot: ezgif-2-b9502a805e77.jpg

Spoiler

umzO15.jpg

here's the leak in text format:

Spoiler

Your rival is named Hop, but you will also be facing of against Bede and Marnie

Team Yell is the gang in this game, who are well meaning fans of Marnie causing trouble

To become part of the gym challenge, you will have to get an endorsement. Bede gets an endorsement from Chairman Rose and his secretary Oleana

Eternatus is the evil legendary. The other legendary will be a wolf, who will either have a shield mane or hold a sword like Great Wolf Sif. Don't recall its name

Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing are new dynamics that will supersize pokemon in specific areas. Gigantamaxing is different from dynamax as it changes what the pokemon looks like. Meowth looks like long cat. Lapras gets layers like musical bars to its shell and musical notes. Pikachu looks like retro fat pikachu

Sonia is Leon's former rival who is researching the dynamax phenomenon at the behest of her grandmother and professor of the game.

Some pokemon, like Farfechtd, will get regional evolutions, like Sirfechtd. Meowth looks like a ball of spiky grey fur

Skwovet and Greedunt iirc are chipmunk pokemon who will hide in berry trees and attack randomly if you shake for too many berries. If they attack, you lose half the berries that dropped.

The fourth gym is the first Fairy type gym, led by an actress named Opal. Milo, Nessa, and Kabu are the first ones.

Before fighting the gym leaders, you have to complete the gym challenges. - Milo has you herding sheep pokemon named Wooloo, but Pamper, electric corgi pokemon, will startle them and send them rolling elsewhere. - Nessa has you running through a maze where water blocks the way - Kabu requires you to catch pokemon and get 5 points, but you have to be in a party battle with another trainer who's also trying to catch it

While there is a transit system, you will have to go through the Wild Area at times, an open world biome that has a weather system and little pockets where wild pokemon dynamax and have to be beaten in a for person raid. You will randomly see nearby players and interact with them to get their league cards and items

Camping is how you play with pokemon now. You'll get two toys, a feather toy and toy pokeball, which can raise friendship. You can make curry which will raise starts and friendliness

Pokémon will not walk beside you in the overworld map

Scorbunny will have fighting moves, but is pure fighter. It becomes Raboot, but I don't remember the final evolution, except that it looks like a fighter. It looks humanoid

Sobble becomes Sizzile and then Intelleon, a chameleon with a spy theme

Grookey will end up as a giant gorilla that beats a wood drum to attack.

There's a lot I'm missing, but I wasn't planning on leaking until now. I'm angry and upset, and while I liked what I saw, I didn't get too far.

The best Pokémon so far is the blue seagull who when it dives, either gets a barracuda in its mouth or a pikachu, which it launches at its enemy

sorry for the wall of text but it's really interesting.. Reddit link: 

https://old.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/bx2hnp/spoiler_pokemon_ss_leak_confirmed_by_direct/

the only thing that seems off about it is the fact the he claims there's going to be a Fairy type gym for the first time ever but that's not true, we had one in XY.. :selena:

Scorbunny will have fighting moves, but is pure fighter.

this sentence makes no sense, I'm assuming he meant it will have Fighting type moves but it is pure Fire.. probably a typo.. :unbothered:

what makes me think it's true is the fact that the Pokemon he mentioned getting special forms are all from Kanto (Lapras, Pikachu, Meowth again for some reason, Farfetch'd) and we all know how much GameFreak love pandering to Gen 1.. all of the Alolan forms were pure Kanto as well so this wouldn't shock me that much at all.. :tifflmao:

Spoiler

ezgif-2-b9502a805e77.jpgezgif-2-b9502a805e77.jpgezgif-2-b9502a805e77.jpg

Archived