The Official Pokémon Thread

redacted statement

I wonder if there's enough Pokemon fans on Exhale to warrant a whole "Official Pokemon Thread" but nevertheless I'm really excited to go see "Detective Pikachu" today. It came out 2 days ago, today's a sunday which means there might not even be any seats left in the theatre but I'm hoping for the best right now. :brit2016:

I've been a fan of the Pokemon games for like 7 years but before that I was a huge fan of the Pokemon anime as a kid. To be honest I didn't even know there were Pokemon games until much later in life, I thought the anime is how Pokemon started but obviously that's not even remotely true. I grew up in a PlayStation household as I was too young to experience the GameBoy era which is why I never really got around to playing Pokemon until I discovered emulators later in life. The first game I played was either Ruby or Fire Red on an emulator and I'm pretty sure at that point "Black and White" had already been released but "Black 2 and White 2" had not been released yet. My phone was sh*tty at the time, it couldn't handle a DS emulator which is why I was stuck playing the older games for a few years until I got a tablet that could run the "Drastic DS" emulator, I'm sure you can imagine how excited I was to finally play "Black and White" and "HeartGold and SoulSilver" (edit: oops, forgot about "Diamond, Pearl and Platinum", ouch, the shade :ohi:), it was a whole new world and I couldn't have been any happier. Then I got around to buying a 3DS and the rest is history. Can't wait to buy a Switch over the summer in preparation for "Sword and Shield". :kyliecry:

Anyway, sob story aside, leave a review once you get around to watching the movie or if you've seen it already. :)

Initially I was skeptical because when animated most Pokemon look really smooth but transformed into live action characters most of them turned out really fuzzy and hairy which was so weird to see. Come to think of it, it makes sense though, I just had to get over the initial shock. These days I'm living for Jiggly-********-puff and after seeing the live action Sonic movie trailer nothing can surprise me anymore which is why I'm super excited for "Detective Pikachu". Cheers! :OMGney:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:ugh: a Pokémon thread that starts with The Detective Pikachu movie :sobbing:

I did watch the movie, and it was entertaining, but I'll never forgive them for that awful hyperrealistic look they give to the Pokémon. Also, I know it kinda works better for a storyline, but that the first live action movie is based on a random spin-off game, is almost offensive.

I've been a fan of Pokémon since the first generation. I know in Japan it came out in 1996, but in America and the rest of the world, was until 1998, when BOMT came out :whatitellu:  1999 was one of the best years to be alive :crying1: 

Pokémon and Britney Spears have always been magically related, but I'll leave that story for later.

And a new announcement for Pokémon Sword / Shield can come at any moment, I'm so stressed between that and Britney :yesplease: 

5 hours ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

2019 ***** all over 1999 :lessons:

shitty is a good way to describe 2019 indeed :NYsassy:

Then:

81BdHnbmoCL._SY606_.jpg

MV5BN2NkZjA0OWUtZDgyMy00MjIxLWJhZTEtYjdm

21eb19a80704f8dbf8176d0db0fd517fa32e669c-1547217020-640x640.jpg

britney-spears.jpg?w=980&q=75

maxresdefault.jpg

2222478.jpg

Now:

wint.png

I mean, there are good things too, Pokémon SwSh coming later this year, the Crash racing game remake, MediEvil, but overall, 1999-2000 was such a good time, videogames-wise, music-wise, tv-wise.

ok, I guess I'll leave my thoughts here after all despite completely abandoning this thread the same day I made it.. :unbothered: the plot was ****, like seriously.. it was pretty gripping, it was entertaining, I can't say I was bored but it was just kinda ridiculous and didn't make much sense.. :nyheadache: regarding the actors, umm, I've never been able to tell apart good actors from bad ones so no comments there but the lead male actor is so ******* cute I'd smash him any day of the week.. :lollistare: the humor was pretty **** too, I barely got like 2 laughs out of that movie and even then "laughs" is an overstatement, they were more like "pity-chuckles".. :ohreallylol: it's not worth watching if you're not a Pokemon fan, if you are however - it's worth watching just for the Pokemon alone (ignoring everything else about that hot mess).. I smiled like an idiot throughout the whole movie because it was so awesome seeing all the Pokemon.. :crying3: I was hoping to see Skitty but at least Purrloin was there.. :tehe:

On 5/17/2019 at 4:51 AM, PokemonSpears said:

I did watch the movie, and it was entertaining, but I'll never forgive them for that awful hyperrealistic look they give to the Pokémon. Also, I know it kinda works better for a storyline, but that the first live action movie is based on a random spin-off game, is almost offensive.

too bad they're already working on a sequel.. :pieceofwhat:

6 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

ok, I guess I'll leave my thoughts here after all despite completely abandoning this thread the same day I made it.. :unbothered: the plot was ****, like seriously.. it was pretty gripping, it was entertaining, I can't say I was bored but it was just kinda ridiculous and didn't make much sense.. :nyheadache: regarding the actors, umm, I've never been able to tell apart good actors from bad ones so no comments there but the lead male actor is so ******* cute I'd smash him any day of the week.. :lollistare: the humor was pretty **** too, I barely got like 2 laughs out of that movie and even then "laughs" is an overstatement, they were more like "pity-chuckles".. :ohreallylol: it's not worth watching if you're not a Pokemon fan, if you are however - it's worth watching just for the Pokemon alone (ignoring everything else about that hot mess).. I smiled like an idiot throughout the whole movie because it was so awesome seeing all the Pokemon.. :crying3: I was hoping to see Skitty but at least Purrloin was there.. :tehe:

I watched it the day of the premiere (05/10) and honestly... I should have studied for finals that day instead. :icant2: I went to the theater with high expectations, which was a terrible mistake. It wasn't that bad but it wasn't amazing either, it was just... an okay film. The beginning and last parts of the movie were pretty good, but everything in between was a mess and like you said, some scenes did not make sense at all. In my opinion, Ryan Reynolds saved this film with his voice acting and facial expressions for Pikachu, although Justice Smith also did a good job as the male lead actor. :clap: On the other hand, the girl that played the Lucy character... needs to take some acting classes ASAP! Irrelevant to this thread, but she knows nothing about Pokémon IRL... yet she keeps on bragging about being a big Pokémon fan on their press tour. :overitkbye:

6 minutes ago, DayvinDazone said:

It's so grotesque :jackk:

"It" looks like there were two teams of people - one that wanted to go full realistic and another that just wanted to convert the original cartoon design to CGI. So they decided to combine both :jj: 

And thus the CGI Sonic cosplayer was born! :yesokay:

The Nike shoes :orangu:

Spoiler

D5pC2U8WsAEJ8tA.jpg

thank god they're redesigning him but I have a slight hunch that perhaps it was a publicity stunt.. idk.. :unbothered:

:juggingu:

ok y'all, it's time to name your favorite Pokemon!! no holding back, if you have a 100 favorites then you better name all of them.. after that we can judge each other based on how tasteful / tasteless we are.. peace.. :unbothered:

Spoiler

@PokemonSpears, tag all of the Exhale members that are Pokemon fans, I can't recall any because my brain is rotten from playing video games too much.. :crying3:

Archived