SOS

ClaudiaDC

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

Well, we would have to check dates and so, but I think she was never absent for more than a month. There were always candids, or she kept doing appearances / interviews. Even in the dark days she used to post on her website herself.

Maybe.  But you really shoudn't care so much. Britney has given so much these past 10 years, despite all the setbacks. I guess its good people like you exist in our Britney standom. I just can't be bothered to care that much about pop stars again.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ClaudiaDC said:

I became fan in 2008/09 so I have never experienced this absence. She sometimes hides herself from spotlight but she was always active on social media,  so I have never lived a big hiatus. Maybe in 2002 she had a same hiatus (between Crossroads/Justin’s break up and In The Zone) but we have to ask to “old” fans 

I think back then the tabloids were more relentless so she really was still on magazine covers all the time. Especially that period when she started partying a lot we would get covers like this one, my personal fave

eBQB7gb.jpg

I think it's so funny and iconic and I want it poster size :woopsie:

Am I the only one who thought this thread would be about Rihanna's song like how it could be cool if the song was Britney's

any way I suggest you listen (and stan) to k-pop groups. They can fill up your entire time.

Spoiler

warning! baekho is that man. dont say I didn't tell you so:yesplease:

Maybe it’s strange to say but I’m actually enjoying her being so low key. There’s nothing for us to dissect, criticize, freak out over. Just silence - on all fronts. I know her output has often been minimal and half-assed in recent years, but she did need to step away. It was pretty clear during the POM tour that she wasn’t exactly relishing the opportunity to perform - and rushing into another residency wouldn’t have solved anything, I think. She can still drop the album this year if it’s appropriate, but I can’t imagine being tied down to Vegas for the last 5 years of her career would have been particularly stimulating, even if the money was great. She’s at a point in her career where she has the opportunity to mix it up and try new things, because there’s honestly not much to lose at this point. Whether it’s 6 months, a year, I think time away can only be a good thing for her. 

1 hour ago, Alexa said:

Whether it’s 6 months, a year, I think time away can only be a good thing for her. 

I agree with everything you said. And I'd like to add as a reminder that Britney's father spent a month in the hospital after almost dying. 11 years might be a long time but I haven't forgotten it was Jaime who stepped up and pretty much saved Britney's life in 2008. I am grateful to him for taking care of his kid, and proud of Britney for returning the love. For someone who doesn't say much, it really speaks of her character and growth as a person. She wants complete privacy during this time, I respect that. 

I pray for Jamie's well-being, for Britney's sake if nothing else.

8 hours ago, ClaudiaDC said:

I became fan in 2008/09 so I have never experienced this absence. She sometimes hides herself from spotlight but she was always active on social media,  so I have never lived a big hiatus. Maybe in 2002 she had a same hiatus (between Crossroads/Justin’s break up and In The Zone) but we have to ask to “old” fans 

Social media wasn't a thing at that time, but when she was making in the zone she hide herself for like 2 months or a little less from the spotlight

29 minutes ago, REALWeirdboiz said:

Social media wasn't a thing at that time, but when she was making in the zone she hide herself for like 2 months or a little less from the spotlight

So it wasn’t a big stop. I watched some her videos of that time and she said she wanted a stop of 1 year (before in the zone)

Archived