Lucky just hit 100M! Criminal is next

PokemonSpears

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/19/2019 at 3:21 AM, Goku said:

Stream DLMBTLTK instead.

Maribitch.gif

No! That song is seriously like six hours long, it’s impossible to stream more than twice a day.

Spoiler

(I know it has great vocals, but I hated it as a little kid because I honestly thought it was the slowest, longest song ever recorded, by any artist). :wontcry:

And I honestly still don’t listen to it frequently because it doesn’t really go anywhere for me; it seems like there should be a climactic moment in the song at some point, it’s building up the whole time, but just like FTBOMBH, it never really happens.

But again, the natural, deep vocals are beautiful, so I give both an occasional listen solely for that (usually the live performances rather than the album tracks, though). Brit’s rendition of DLMBTLTK on SNL is probably one of the best vocal performances during her prime, actually. 

Spoiler

But “Where Are You Now?” is still by far the best ballad on OIDIA, in my opinion. :mhm: 

26 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

No! That song is seriously like six hours long, it’s impossible to stream more than twice a day.

Hide contents

(I know it has great vocals, but I hated it as a little kid because I honestly thought it was the slowest, longest song ever recorded, by any artist). :wontcry:

And I honestly still don’t listen to it frequently because it doesn’t really go anywhere for me; it seems like there should be a climactic moment in the song at some point, it’s building up the whole time, but just like FTBOMBH, it never really happens.

But again, the natural, deep vocals are beautiful, so I give both an occasional listen solely for that (usually the live performances rather than the album tracks, though). Brit’s rendition of DLMBTLTK on SNL is probably one of the best vocal performances during her prime, actually. 

Hide contents

But “Where Are You Now?” is still by far the best ballad on OIDIA, in my opinion. :mhm: 

I thought I was the only sane person in this forum, but you've given me hope :tiffsniffle:

54 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I thought I was the only sane person in this forum, but you've given me hope :tiffsniffle:

“Sane” is a pretty high standard these days, I don’t know if I’d go quite that far in describing myself as such. :roflney:

But I am really glad someone else agrees with me about FTBOMBH and/or DLMBTLTK and/or WAYN. :mhm:

Ugh, even the ACRONYMS for the first two songs are long as hell! Everything pertaining to these tracks is seemingly infinite!

13 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

”Sane” is a pretty high standard these days, I don’t know if I’d go quite that far in describing myself as such. :roflney:

But I am really glad someone else agrees with me about FTBOMBH and/or DLMBTLTK and/or WAYN. :mhm:

Ugh, even the ACRONYMS for the first two songs are long as hell! Everything pertaining to these tracks is seemingly infinite!

:hehehe:

that's what I was talking about in another thread for the Not a Girl anniversary (that's another song of the same kind).

As a kid they were so long and boring to me, compared to other singles like Oops, Crazy, Stronger, etc. and now I can appreciate them, but it's like, I skip them 90% of the times when they come up on shuffle, or I just rarely watch those clips.

And it's true, Where Are You Now is an example of a really great ballad, because it's slow and calm, but it does have a climax and the melody is just more entertaining. 

I know it sounds stupid, but having such long titles it's kind of a turn off even before you get to listen to them. 

On 2/23/2019 at 12:09 AM, mauureee said:

is getting 100m still important?

shouldn't we been trying to get at least one of her videos with 1 billion views? :xfactorlook:

maybe her next single hits it on its first week :tiffanynod:

or maybe not :bedtime:

100M is not really important anymore, but I think it’s impressive that songs that were released almost a decade before VEVO came out are reaching 100M views and are getting those daily views. I mean 60k streams a day is very good, a lot of current hits can’t get those numbers a year after their release.

29 minutes ago, Lorenzo said:

100M is not really important anymore, but I think it’s impressive that songs that were released almost a decade before VEVO came out are reaching 100M views and are getting those daily views. I mean 60k streams a day is very good, a lot of current hits can’t get those numbers a year after their release.

Archived