Lucky just hit 100M! Criminal is next

PokemonSpears

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Lorenzo said:

Also stream Work ***** since it’s about to reach 300M views! By the way how is Criminal getting so many daily views, didn’t it flop (or maybe it was a hit in some countries)? It’s getting way more views than any other FF singles that were WW hits 

the true "sleeper hit", when will Slumber Party? :mhm:

HIAM is getting like 6 or 7 daily views for some reason. :rude2me:

Also Not a Girl is increasing fast.

12 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

yassssss britney coming in with 20 vevo certified videos. the second most ever for a female artist who debuted in the 90s, right behind shakira and 10th overall.

giphy.gif

How many more certified videos until she catches up with Shakira? (She’s had such an incredibly long and multilingual career that I'm assuming she has a lot of videos). And what artists make up the top 10? (I'm assuming relatively young ones, like Bieber and Taylor, but who knows; Gangnam Style could still be #1 with how frequently I'm aware of what and/or who is on the charts).

Sorry for the questions, I'm quite literally a researcher and yet don't know how to access this YouTube view count data. :wontcry:

Spoiler

I assure you I’m more competent in my actual work. :tbh:

16 hours ago, The Bling said:

They must all be mine :imok:

Actually, I watch HIAM more frequently than any of her other “recent” MVs; it has amazing replay value. The director is brilliant, and with each additional viewing, thanks to his constant (and accelerating) emergence of novel imagery to symbolize the rapidly increasing chaos across all aspects of her life as she skyrocketed to superstardom, there is always something subtle for the viewer to newly notice, analyze and interpret.

It’s very artistic, personal, and relies heavily on visual symbolism, all of which is unusual for a Britney video. :mhm:

If Britney had been in a (much) better place when the video was shot, I honestly think it would be her best one ever, or at least comparable with “Toxic” in terms of concept, storyline, visuals, etc.

I realize basically no one will agree with this opinion,* but I stand by it despite not even really liking HIAM (the song) back when it initially debuted. The MV actually made me love the song, and that's the marker of a great video. :tbh:

*Maybe @f**knfurter, who also appreciates the brilliance of HIAM, but I’m unsure if even she’s quite willing to (hypothetically) rank it anywhere near “Toxic.”

Which, again, just to be clear, I’m emphatically not implying the end result was anywhere even close to the same level as any of her ITZ videos; I am merely referring to the extraordinary potential as seen by what the director was able to create despite Britney’s nearly palpable level of disinterest. I think the storyline is by far the most intelligent and thought-provoking one she’s ever had (not to mention insanely impressive visually).

giphy.gif

tumblr_omrsl7juE31r9nlfxo1_r1_500.gif

giphy.gif

anigif_enhanced-19048-1403909469-1.gif

giphy.gif

anigif_enhanced-6443-1403913404-5.gif

tumblr_lrxgrb7tGW1r3ty02o1_500.gif&key=8

tumblr_od9jrjXBwX1sm3z2xo1_400.gif

Honestly, releasing this MV is probably the most candid she’s ever been with fans (and the world) regarding her breakdown, FTR included. I loved the documentary, but she gave multiple non-answers that were left unchallenged by the interviewer, and this MV had the added benefit of a few years’ perspective since the breakdown. 

Plus, hiding behind the guise of artistic imagery meant she wouldn’t have to explicitly or verbally provide any information pertaining to what occurred a few years prior.

Nevertheless, most of the answers regarding Britney’s entire mysterious life and career trajectory are quite literally played out in chronological order within the music video. That’s even why it ends with a question mark. She’s a human, not a product. We elevated a regular (albeit beautiful and talented) young girl into godlike status, and later vehemently resented her for not being as perfect as her public persona initially intimated. She’s not a flawless Barbie, but rather suffers from the same struggles as all other human beings, mental illness included. Will we (media, fans, GP) continue to hold that against her?

Spoiler

tumblr_n8wl09qz6D1shphndo1_500.gif

(Cheesy, but appropriate).

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at her stats, there are 8 other videos that (realistically) could get certified within the next two years.

Criminal - 98M

I’m Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman - 97M

Stronger - 92.5M

If U Seek Any - 86.9M

Overprotected - 85.6M

Slumber Party - 83.2M

3 - 78.3M

Radar - 73.3M

(And that’s a stretch, the next video is BTI - 64.7M which isn’t going to happen anytime soon)

So, if these 8 videos were to be certified, Britney would jump from 15th to 5th on the Most Vevo Certifications board (drawing with Beyoncé and Justin Bieber) https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vevo

If B10 comes to within the next few years, her viewing stats will be greatly boosted so it’s really likely she’ll get into the Top 5 in the near future. Which is amazing considering the fact that she isn’t a streaming era star

1 - Rihanna - 32

2 - Eminem - 31

3 - Taylor Swift - 30

4 - Shakira - 27

5 - Beyoncé and Justin Bieber - 26

15 - Britney - 18

Presuming B10 gets at least one single with over 100M views, we’re coming for that No. 4 spot. Either way, we need a playlist of those 8 videos that we can put in the background of whatever we’re doing

14 minutes ago, MmmDani said:

Looking at her stats, there are 8 other videos that (realistically) could get certified within the next two years.

Criminal - 98M

I’m Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman - 97M

Stronger - 92.5M

There's another page, kworb but it's down right now for some reason, that page gives some "predictions" in terms of the daily views the videos get, those aren't totally accurate because sometimes a video suddenly stops getting views or another video suddenly starts getting more views out of nowhere.

They predict Criminal and Not a Girl getting to 100M in March and Stronger for April.

According to what I saw last year with Everytime, OLL and Crazy I think Not a Girl will be "certified" before Criminal because it gets more daily views for some reason. And I think both of them will have 100M at least by April, but I'm not so sure about Stronger.

Crazy's predicted date to reach 100M kept getting delayed each day because the daily views weren't constant and I think that's the case for Stronger, but it's almost 100% sure it'll get there before the year ends.

Now after those three, I don't think we'll see any other video reach 100M until next year at least, being very positive (unless she releases a new single that doesn't suffer the same fate as MM / SP).

Overprotected has been slowly increasing, but SP has been stuck in the 80M for years and 3 and Radar at the 70M too.

20 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

There's another page, kworb but it's down right now for some reason, that page gives some "predictions" in terms of the daily views the videos get, those aren't totally accurate because sometimes a video suddenly stops getting views or another video suddenly starts getting more views out of nowhere.

They predict Criminal and Not a Girl getting to 100M in March and Stronger for April.

According to what I saw last year with Everytime, OLL and Crazy I think Not a Girl will be "certified" before Criminal because it gets more daily views for some reason. And I think both of them will have 100M at least by April, but I'm not so sure about Stronger.

Crazy's predicted date to reach 100M kept getting delayed each day because the daily views weren't constant and I think that's the case for Stronger, but it's almost 100% sure it'll get there before the year ends.

Now after those three, I don't think we'll see any other video reach 100M until next year at least, being very positive (unless she releases a new single that doesn't suffer the same fate as MM / SP).

Overprotected has been slowly increasing, but SP has been stuck in the 80M for years and 3 and Radar at the 70M too.

Slumber Party got to the 80s with no promotion, with a new single, all 8 would receive the boost needed to push them over the line. I’m 100% positive that a new single (like if DYWCO was the lead or at least had a video would’ve done) that’s catchy enough (like the FF singles or WB) would give a boost that’d last throughout this year’s summer. I think that’d be enough 

17 hours ago, MmmDani said:

Slumber Party got to the 80s with no promotion, with a new single, all 8 would receive the boost needed to push them over the line. I’m 100% positive that a new single (like if DYWCO was the lead or at least had a video would’ve done) that’s catchy enough (like the FF singles or WB) would give a boost that’d last throughout this year’s summer. I think that’d be enough 

I doubt we'll get anything before summer, if any, I think we could get something by the fall / December, and that if we're very, very lucky

Archived