My M&G experience from July 27th

monalisaney81

16 hours ago, MANDIXMX said:

So I just wanted to share my m&g picture and experience with y'all. I got to meet her July 27th in Hollywood, Florida. As you all know by now they gave us the backstage tour and we go to see some of Britney's costumes along with some little stories regarding some of her favorite outfits and whatnot. I asked about what exactly happened to the yellow long sleeve Victoria Secret top with the tie since its probably my fav and they just told me it was in storage. We got to get on stage, and see some props like a drum used during Circus. Overall honestly, it was nothing crazy, I think that the fact that the venue was so tiny, and they have so very little props really didn't make the experience super grand. The fact that a few people actually spent 1k over this alone boggles my mind.  Maybe in Vegas it was a little cooler since there is so many more props to see and the fact that she was performing on that stage for like 4 years back to back. 

Onto the m&g, we waited for quite a bit outside the room where Britney was, there was like probably 20 people overall in line. A lot of very friendly and nice fans, so that was good. Larry stood by us for a while, as he was speaking to some tall blonde woman and guy in a suit. They went in to see Britney first and came out, as we all continued to wait. Finally the line started moving and we were all let in one by one. I was a little nervous when I had first gotten to the venue, but by the time it was my turn to go inside I was super calm and ready to go meet her honestly.

The set up looks super cozy in pictures but in person its like a thin screen with a few things scattered around in an empty room lol My first impression of Britney sadly was that she was wearing that black coat again, but also that she seemed very tired and as if she did not want to be there at all. I wish I could tell you this great story about how I able to make her laugh and share a cute moment but that didn't happen.

I told her hi, and she said hi as I leaned in to take a picture with her. I tried to place my hand behind her back to appear closer in the picture and she looked at me nervously as if I was going to do something bad to her. I stopped myself and asked her if it was alright to place my hand behind her back for the pic. She said "sure sweetie" and I proceeded in doing so.  We snapped the picture and I told her I loved her and to have a great show, and she thanked me. 

My experience was not a BAD experience, I just wish we each could have had at least one minute to speak to her. It all felt very rushed and its not exactly Britney's fault. The staff seemed to usher us in and out very quick before we even had a chance to say anything. A fan from Chile told me that he tried telling her about him traveling all the way from Chile to meet her and that she seemed interested in hearing his story and they began ushering him out. I am very thankful and feel lucky to have met someone I have looked up to since I was 7 years old, and if I had to do it all over again I probably would because its not every day you can say you met the legendary miss Britney Spears. 

Some things I would have changed would probably be to let Britney interact with her fans a bit more, heres an idea, wouldn't it be amazing if she were to accompany the tour guide for the backstage tour and offer some cute backstage moments and experiences she's had thus far on the show? Overall the backstage tour is 20 minutes and its not like she's getting ready during that time, so why not have her do it? It would add A LOT to the experience tbh Also I would not have her wear that coat again, its almost as if she's hiding under it so her fans don't touch her. 

http://i64.tinypic.com/2h7kivm.jpg

Here is my picture y'all. :makeitrain:

How long before the normal doors open did the backstage tour start?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

You don't even meet Britney though lol you say hi and take a pic and are expected to not touch her and leave. It's such a sad excuse for a M&G. And flu or not her M&Gs were always like that. Look at people like Rihanna who are genuinely excited to meet their fans and make their M&Gs worth it:

tumblr_lo50doO66Z1qdwp0yo1_500.jpg

Britney would never even touch her fans like that lol

This is pretty sad, I wish she'd stop being as lazy with her fans. I mean, it's obvious she doesn't care anymore and wants to look after her kids, but people are paying big bucks for this. Show some appreciation for god's sake.

9 hours ago, G-unit said:

I seriously don’t get the “her M&G’s are so quick!”  stuff.  I’ve done quite a few m&g’s (Demi Lovato, several cast members of The Walking Dead, Jonas Brothers, Vanessa Hudgens, Sophia Bush, Chad Michael Murray, James Lafferty, and more) and ALL of them have been SUPER quick (10 seconds or less) of “Hi, how are you?”, take a picture, “bye” and be on your way.  It has nothing to do with Britney...it’s just how they keep things moving.

She clearly has anxiety and people need to respect that.  Doesn’t mean she doesn’t want to be there having these sessions with fans.  I mean, ****, we are talking about a woman who has been under and conservatorship for over TEN years...no, she’s probably not going to be as outgoing as other celebrities are.

To the OP, your pic turned out really great! :)

Omg you met Sophia Bush/Chad and James? How were they?! 

I feel for you guys who've had off days. I legit had her grab me by my neck and pull me in for the photo/I had her by the small of her back. I was freaking out/thought security would choke me but she seemed really nice and into it that day. Maybe she's just ehh this round like she's been in the past.

20 hours ago, Don'tTellMeToShutMyEyes said:

I hate it when they do this, purely because it makes everyone else wonder why they weren't chosen or what they did wrong. It's like there always has to be a certain criteria and if you don't meet it, you don't get to meet them. If you're at a Taylor Swift show and you're not a young girl/woman or a couple, you aren't likely to get chosen. (I'm waiting for someone to send me pics proving me wrong but I honestly believe there's a certain "look" you need to have). Obviously, it's great for the people who are chosen but with Taylor Swift, everyone knew about Rep Room and was desperately trying to get it to the point where some fans basically stalked her mum the whole night. A lot of the time it does go to the genuine fans but what's to say other people aren't deserving too? Just because they're not constantly waving their arms around the whole time and screaming like an idiot? When I saw Katy Perry, there was an annoying guy next to me who kept doing this and trying to muscle me out of my place at the front. He kept talking about how he was going to throw his jacket at her and email her after the show to let her know it was him (god knows how he would even find her email?) and when he did throw it on stage, she didn't even acknowledge it and the security guard took it away. I know that's just one person but I don't think it's fair when these obsessive, over the top fans claw their way to the front and step on other people just to show they're the "biggest fan" and if they're the ones who get chosen to meet these celebrities, it makes you lose hope. Not everyone wants to go nuts and some people might be too embarrassed to dance but because of that, people will think you're not having fun and therefore, you're not worthy to meet your idol. I also don't think it's fair to charge fans hundreds, even thousands of pounds/dollars to meet their idol, especially because not everyone can afford that but at least these m&gs are going to genuine fans. I can't see why someone who doesn't like a singer would pay that much for a photo with them. Even when people follow singers to their hotels and get to meet them, it still isn't particularly fair as not everyone lives in the big cities where they play and they can't wait around or risk getting lost for a one in a million chance they might get to meet them. Of course it is brilliant for the fans who get to meet them for free but not all of us get that luxury so some of us do have to pay for it and unfortunately it can be a lot. I don't have anything against people paying to meet their idols or people who get to meet them for free, as long as everyone is respectful in those situations and not crazy or scary to be around. I'm actually exhausted writing that and I wasn't having a go at you, I just hate when the only way to meet someone is to be chosen as it makes you feel left out when you're not but I'm sure this is equally true for people who can't afford or get m&gs. In an ideal world, we'd all get to meet our favourite celebrities.

I was picked (with my boyfriend, who stans Taylor. He got me into her and i'm a huge fan now) and there were a few guys there, primarily girls, but it was people who went in costume, or traveled (a couple from Belgium I believe, we picked) for the Dublin show on the 15th, and it literally happened by chance, we went, we had fun, her mam noticed us and spoke to us and asked us would we like to meet her.  Fans will always push up to the front, that's a given, and crazy fans will always do crazy things (didn't a britney fan get a meet and greet to ask Britney to donate to his charity....which didn't exist?). Why shouldn't a post show meet and greet be for people who genuinely want to meet the person they're seeing, who made it concert an event, and planned stuff like costumes and actually admiration?

I can understand that it leads to competition, but honestly, between seeing gaga pick live, and Taylor's team picking me, its far more genuine, and the results say it too, as opposed to y'know, Britney having nothing to talk about other than ''hi....cool...*stares blankly into camera*...bye'' because someone could afford 2000 dollars, or 500euro or X amount of money. Its honestly why I believe her meet and greets are so hit or miss, because she knows most of them aren't genuine.

6 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

I was picked (with my boyfriend, who stans Taylor. He got me into her and i'm a huge fan now) and there were a few guys there, primarily girls, but it was people who went in costume, or traveled (a couple from Belgium I believe, we picked) for the Dublin show on the 15th, and it literally happened by chance, we went, we had fun, her mam noticed us and spoke to us and asked us would we like to meet her.  Fans will always push up to the front, that's a given, and crazy fans will always do crazy things (didn't a britney fan get a meet and greet to ask Britney to donate to his charity....which didn't exist?). Why shouldn't a post show meet and greet be for people who genuinely want to meet the person they're seeing, who made it concert an event, and planned stuff like costumes and actually admiration?

I can understand that it leads to competition, but honestly, between seeing gaga pick live, and Taylor's team picking me, its far more genuine, and the results say it too, as opposed to y'know, Britney having nothing to talk about other than ''hi....cool...*stares blankly into camera*...bye'' because someone could afford 2000 dollars, or 500euro or X amount of money. Its honestly why I believe her meet and greets are so hit or miss, because she knows most of them aren't genuine.

I just feel like it's way too much effort to maybe get the chance to meet them. All the costume designing and trying to get them to notice you must be exhausting. A lot of people dressed up for KP and TS (Manchester) but I didn't see anyone get chosen (not that KP does m&gs over here) and at least if you pay for it, you're guaranteed to meet them. Like you say, being picked is more meaningful but not all of us do get picked (I know it's impossible) and some people get picked over and over again by lying they haven't met Taylor. It sucks you have to "prove" how big a fan you are to be chosen. Just because some people are not diehard fans and don't know every single word to every song, doesn't mean they love her any less. Some people are lucky and get chosen but most fans will never get the opportunity which is why even though m&g prices are extortionate, at least it gives others a chance. Some people don't get a choice between the two and life isn't fair like that. It annoys me that people like Taylor don't do paid for m&gs because it's like saying "you're not worthy of meeting me". I couldn't care less about meeting her but when fans say "she's so generous meeting fans for free", I think "what about her other fans who've saved up and loved her for years who never get chosen"? I think it should be a mix of both paid for and selected. Some artists don't even do m&gs which is a shame but obviously their privacy is important to them. I won't lie, I get a bit jealous seeing fans on Instagram meeting celebs outside their apartments and on streets because I don't live anywhere like New York where I can just wait outside their house all day for a photo. At least paid m&gs give other fans a chance to meet their idols, however briefly that may be and I know it's not the artist's fault but they should be made cheaper. If I ever bought a m&g, I'd be happy with just a photo because that's all I need. It's annoying you only get 5 seconds but I'd be way too nervous around a celebrity for say, 10, 15 minutes. I know they're people too but I'd hate the idea of a long m&g so a photo would be good enough. I don't need them to know my name as they have millions of fans. I'd just love to be able to say I met them. As for that guy with the charity though, WTF? No wonder she feels anxious.

• 1 year later...

I’m bumping my old m&g thread. Its almost going to be 2 years since I met Britney, and even back then I knew something was deff off when I met her. If you read the details of my experience I pointed out that she seemed extremely nervous when I went to place my hand behind her back for the pic. I had to stop myself and ask her if it was alright. While I know I’m a stranger to her, i’m not particularly an intimidating person nor did I do anything out of the ordinary. However the way she looked at me told me she had been abused or hurt in the past by someone. The way she looked at me felt like the way an abused street dog looks at you when you are trying to help them, but the abuse they have gone through makes them fear you.

Just my two cents, I feel like I needed to say something. 

Archived