My M&G experience from July 27th

monalisaney81

So I just wanted to share my m&g picture and experience with y'all. I got to meet her July 27th in Hollywood, Florida. As you all know by now they gave us the backstage tour and we go to see some of Britney's costumes along with some little stories regarding some of her favorite outfits and whatnot. I asked about what exactly happened to the yellow long sleeve Victoria Secret top with the tie since its probably my fav and they just told me it was in storage. We got to get on stage, and see some props like a drum used during Circus. Overall honestly, it was nothing crazy, I think that the fact that the venue was so tiny, and they have so very little props really didn't make the experience super grand. The fact that a few people actually spent 1k over this alone boggles my mind.  Maybe in Vegas it was a little cooler since there is so many more props to see and the fact that she was performing on that stage for like 4 years back to back. 

Onto the m&g, we waited for quite a bit outside the room where Britney was, there was like probably 20 people overall in line. A lot of very friendly and nice fans, so that was good. Larry stood by us for a while, as he was speaking to some tall blonde woman and guy in a suit. They went in to see Britney first and came out, as we all continued to wait. Finally the line started moving and we were all let in one by one. I was a little nervous when I had first gotten to the venue, but by the time it was my turn to go inside I was super calm and ready to go meet her honestly.

The set up looks super cozy in pictures but in person its like a thin screen with a few things scattered around in an empty room lol My first impression of Britney sadly was that she was wearing that black coat again, but also that she seemed very tired and as if she did not want to be there at all. I wish I could tell you this great story about how I able to make her laugh and share a cute moment but that didn't happen.

I told her hi, and she said hi as I leaned in to take a picture with her. I tried to place my hand behind her back to appear closer in the picture and she looked at me nervously as if I was going to do something bad to her. I stopped myself and asked her if it was alright to place my hand behind her back for the pic. She said "sure sweetie" and I proceeded in doing so.  We snapped the picture and I told her I loved her and to have a great show, and she thanked me. 

My experience was not a BAD experience, I just wish we each could have had at least one minute to speak to her. It all felt very rushed and its not exactly Britney's fault. The staff seemed to usher us in and out very quick before we even had a chance to say anything. A fan from Chile told me that he tried telling her about him traveling all the way from Chile to meet her and that she seemed interested in hearing his story and they began ushering him out. I am very thankful and feel lucky to have met someone I have looked up to since I was 7 years old, and if I had to do it all over again I probably would because its not every day you can say you met the legendary miss Britney Spears. 

Some things I would have changed would probably be to let Britney interact with her fans a bit more, heres an idea, wouldn't it be amazing if she were to accompany the tour guide for the backstage tour and offer some cute backstage moments and experiences she's had thus far on the show? Overall the backstage tour is 20 minutes and its not like she's getting ready during that time, so why not have her do it? It would add A LOT to the experience tbh Also I would not have her wear that coat again, its almost as if she's hiding under it so her fans don't touch her. 

http://i64.tinypic.com/2h7kivm.jpg

Here is my picture y'all. :makeitrain:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MANDIXMX said:

So I just wanted to share my m&g picture and experience with y'all. I got to meet her July 27th in Hollywood, Florida. As you all know by now they gave us the backstage tour and we go to see some of Britney's costumes along with some little stories regarding some of her favorite outfits and whatnot. I asked about what exactly happened to the yellow long sleeve Victoria Secret top with the tie since its probably my fav and they just told me it was in storage. We got to get on stage, and see some props like a drum used during Circus. Overall honestly, it was nothing crazy, I think that the fact that the venue was so tiny, and they have so very little props really didn't make the experience super grand. The fact that a few people actually spent 1k over this alone boggles my mind.  Maybe in Vegas it was a little cooler since there is so many more props to see and the fact that she was performing on that stage for like 4 years back to back. 

Onto the m&g, we waited for quite a bit outside the room where Britney was, there was like probably 20 people overall in line. A lot of very friendly and nice fans, so that was good. Larry stood by us for a while, as he was speaking to some tall blonde woman and guy in a suit. They went in to see Britney first and came out, as we all continued to wait. Finally the line started moving and we were all let in one by one. I was a little nervous when I had first gotten to the venue, but by the time it was my turn to go inside I was super calm and ready to go meet her honestly.

The set up looks super cozy in pictures but in person its like a thin screen with a few things scattered around in an empty room lol My first impression of Britney sadly was that she was wearing that black coat again, but also that she seemed very tired and as if she did not want to be there at all. I wish I could tell you this great story about how I able to make her laugh and share a cute moment but that didn't happen.

I told her hi, and she said hi as I leaned in to take a picture with her. I tried to place my hand behind her back to appear closer in the picture and she looked at me nervously as if I was going to do something bad to her. I stopped myself and asked her if it was alright to place my hand behind her back for the pic. She said "sure sweetie" and I proceeded in doing so.  We snapped the picture and I told her I loved her and to have a great show, and she thanked me. 

My experience was not a BAD experience, I just wish we each could have had at least one minute to speak to her. It all felt very rushed and its not exactly Britney's fault. The staff seemed to usher us in and out very quick before we even had a chance to say anything. A fan from Chile told me that he tried telling her about him traveling all the way from Chile to meet her and that she seemed interested in hearing his story and they began ushering him out. I am very thankful and feel lucky to have met someone I have looked up to since I was 7 years old, and if I had to do it all over again I probably would because its not every day you can say you met the legendary miss Britney Spears. 

Some things I would have changed would probably be to let Britney interact with her fans a bit more, heres an idea, wouldn't it be amazing if she were to accompany the tour guide for the backstage tour and offer some cute backstage moments and experiences she's had thus far on the show? Overall the backstage tour is 20 minutes and its not like she's getting ready during that time, so why not have her do it? It would add A LOT to the experience tbh Also I would not have her wear that coat again, its almost as if she's hiding under it so her fans don't touch her. 

http://i64.tinypic.com/2h7kivm.jpg

Here is my picture y'all. :makeitrain:

It's nice to have such an honest, detailed account of a m&g experience. A lot of people say how amazing it was and I'm sure it is but it's good to be realistic and know that you basically get a photo and then you're ushered out. Tbh I think your photo looks great. I quite like the coat but I get what you mean about hiding. I do think she looks quite calm and happy in this photo though, which is great. It's a shame the backstage tour isn't more exciting as it costs so much but like you said, you got to meet your idol. So happy for you! P.S It's really interesting how you said she nearly flinched when you went to put your hand on her. It's a shame she feels like that as it comes through in some photos that she's nervous but with some crazy fans, I totally get it. You sound so respectful by asking if you could put your hand on her and I love the way she responded. It honestly all sounds amazing!

the way you are talking makes it seem like you think people are keeping Britney from doing all those things. In honesty she never did them before so why should she do it now when she isnt as relaxed around her fans as she used to be? I dont think Britney would wnt to accompany the tour guide every night or have longer conversations with her fans that make her feel awkward. I get that its what fans want and I would too if I paid that money but Britney at this point in her career is "above" that. I mean its hard enough to get her looking somewhat relaxed in pictures and she clearly doesnt like speaking in front of crowds most of the time.

Im glad that you arent all bitter about your experience and are looking at it positivly. Your pictures is really nice so at least you didnt seem to make her nervous.

I’m glad you weren’t disappointed from the experience even tho she seemed quite nervious. Your picture is lovely so at least you have a great memory out of it. And honestly I don’t know how people can buy backstage package without a M&G. I think it’s pointles to spend so much money without having the opportunity to meet Britney. And about her being part of the backstage tour is a great idea because that way people can interact with her without too much trouble of having to speak to her about personal stuff but it would never happen, unfortunetly. It would have been nice if there was some other activity where at least people can spend a bit longner with her all together even if it’s like 10 min. But that would never happen either. You should consider yourself very lucky to have met her tho. Some of us couldn’t manage to get M&G so you should be very happy you are one of the few. 

I have a question for you. For what I've heard, Felicia isn't on the tour, so who is doing these backstage tours then? 

Btw, I'm glad you had a nice experience to remember and the picture looks really nice. I never thought about it, but it's actually a great idea if Britney appeared on the backstage tour, at least for the final part, right before the pictures start. It would work for everyone.

I know it must be exciting to be waiting in line for your turn and feeling your heart about to explode when it's time for you to finally see her, but I think if Britney saw them all together before the pictures start, like a general welcome, both the fans and Britney would feel less nervous by the time they take their pictures, and they would come up better overall. 

It could be a rehearsed speech, but at least you could tell by the end of your experience that you got to listen to her voice, right in front of you, for more than a few thank you's or "that's so sweet". 

Im sorry but thats so unacceptable. People pay so much and you have to walk around on eggshells bc she doesnt give a **** or like you said even want to be there. And the tour doesnt even sound good. Why does she continue to do the M&Gs? She doesnt care about her fans like other artists so what's the point? I mean she has money...

5 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

Im sorry but thats so unacceptable. People pay so much and you have to walk around on eggshells bc she doesnt give a **** or like you said even want to be there. And the tour doesnt even sound good. Why does she continue to do the M&Gs? She doesnt care about her fans like other artists so what's the point? I mean she has money...

To say she doesn’t care about her fans is a stretch. She’s a human being with anxiety and has shown time and time again that she in fact does care for her fans

3 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

It's "meet and greet" not "meet, have a conversation with dinner and greet". They're not supposed to last more than 2 minutes max. And you can't blame her, she got the flu and got IVs backstage before the show.

Your picture is wonderful, and I’m glad it was a positive experience overall.

How much did you pay for the M&G, if you don’t mind my asking? I know that in Vegas they were $2,500, which is frankly absurdly overpriced in my opinion.

Also, I agree with another user: I don’t normally like fan t-shirts, but yours is so cute!

1 hour ago, really really cool guy said:

It's "meet and greet" not "meet, have a conversation with dinner and greet". They're not supposed to last more than 2 minutes max. And you can't blame her, she got the flu and got IVs backstage before the show.

You don't even meet Britney though lol you say hi and take a pic and are expected to not touch her and leave. It's such a sad excuse for a M&G. And flu or not her M&Gs were always like that. Look at people like Rihanna who are genuinely excited to meet their fans and make their M&Gs worth it:

tumblr_lo50doO66Z1qdwp0yo1_500.jpg

Britney would never even touch her fans like that lol

1 hour ago, Allmylife said:

To say she doesn’t care about her fans is a stretch. She’s a human being with anxiety and has shown time and time again that she in fact does care for her fans

She's notorious for not treating her fans as well as almost every other artist except maybe Avril Lavigne lol. If she's so anxious that she can't even genuinely say hi or speak to her fans then she shouldn't be doing M&Gs. The delusional sheep-like defense on here is ridic lol. Let's call a spade a spade.

2 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

She's notorious for not treating her fans as well as almost every other artist except maybe Avril Lavigne lol. If she's so anxious that she can't even genuinely say hi or speak to her fans then she shouldn't be doing M&Gs. The delusional sheep-like defense on here is ridic lol. Let's call a spade a spade.

Well that’s not true... we’ve heard of many many great m&g experiences even on exhale, that’s not to mention the ones that go unnoticed. There’s big celebs don’t even allow any form touching. Britney seems down for anything but the heart thing for whatever reason. She’ll even go for a hug. That’s more than I’d give a complete stranger.

4 minutes ago, Kisle said:

Well that’s not true... we’ve heard of many many great m&g experiences even on exhale, that’s not to mention the ones that go unnoticed. There’s big celebs don’t even allow any form touching. Britney seems down for anything but the heart thing for whatever reason. She’ll even go for a hug. That’s more than I’d give a complete stranger.

Let's not pretend Britney's personality hasn't been MIA since before her breakdown. A few stories since 2011 isn't great bb lol her M&Gs notoriously suck. Everyone says the same thing: it was so fast and she didn't really talk and they rush you but it was cool to meet her. If someone pays over $1k to meet someone they deserve an actual hug and to be talked to with respect, not rushed off after 10 seconds lol. But people can waste their money on whatever they want. :awks:

5 hours ago, MANDIXMX said:

heres an idea, wouldn't it be amazing if she were to accompany the tour guide for the backstage tour and offer some cute backstage moments and experiences she's had thus far on the show? Overall the backstage tour is 20 minutes and its not like she's getting ready during that time, so why not have her do it?

That is a cool idea actually, but at the same time I can already see her

"so this is where i do my knee taps, it's really cool. Over here I do my breast explosions...very cool. Here's where the band plays, we just hit the play button. Oh yeah, and here's my mic...does someone want to volunteer to try it?! What's that? you don't hear anything coming out of it? Good, it's working perfectly then. As we're walking straight, you can see my changing room and many costumes that I wear, we just raid Target on a weekly basis, and we check their underwear clearance pile since I like to keep my show fresh"

:selenerz:

Archived