Will Britney ever have a top 20 single again?

Urbanney

Its definitely possible, it  just depends on the song, if the video is  released at the same time (like Ariana's was), and if she promotes. 

For staying power she either has to tap into the streaming market or somehow get radio to play her song constantly- and radio hasn't ever really favored Britney all that much. Although I don't think it's the ideal time for Britney to release an album right now, at least where charts are concerned. It's not a very female or pop/dance friendly market right now. I think her best bet for a hit (that has staying power) would be to collaborate with a rapper a la Scream and Shout or a younger pop girl like Selena, Ariana, or Dua Lipa. Maybe she could even do a song with Taylor? I think they're voices are similar.

I'd love some new Britney solo music, I just wouldn't expect it to chart super well right now. 

It's also just what happens to artists as they get older, the gp seems to only give artists a good 10-15 years at best before they move on. Look at Madonna, Janet, Mariah, J.Lo, Xtina, Celine, Shania, etc. Even if you look at someone like Paul McCartney, his albums do ok, but when's the last time he had a hit? Even Beyonce and JT struggled to get a big hit (chart-wise) from their recent albums. 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She definatley needs to drop the new single & MV on the same day this next era.

I've never understood the logic in waiting weeks after the single release to release the MV - that was maybe okay before but that's not how the industry works anymore.

Who cares about builidng hype on radio anymore - if the song and video are good enough then it don't matter about that - the radio will play it becuase everyone is talking about it/streaming it etc. (Ariana  and a few others have proved that recently)

The video needs to have the replay factor, something that we haven't seen since Work ***** imo.

I think I will die if the next single is another collab.

Archived