Will Britney ever have a top 20 single again?

Urbanney

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having a top 10 track it's not a big thing, the hard thing is to STAY in the top 10. She can have a great debut but it will fall after the second week. She still has a huge fanbase that will take her to a good position on the charts but she lacks longevity unlike the current music acts. 

Charts ofc measure the sales but the timing and the other releases in the same timeframe influence A LOT in the position a single can reach. Just compare the Glory debut/sales to the Solange album debut/sales. It's ridiculous. 

Just now, Million Billion said:

Having a top 10 track it's not a big thing, the hard thing is to STAY in the top 10. She can have a great debut but it will fall after the second week.

More like plummet :tiffcackle:

For her next single to stay on the charts she would have to actually promote :ohreallylol:

Top 20? Absolutely. WB was #12 and MM was #17. Why not? She's still a really big artist and has enough fans to pull through to get her a decent opening week with digital sales and streams. She could have a pretty successful song if they worked really hard on it and did a lot of promo.

I feel like its actually not as hard as some fans may think it is for Britney to land in the top 10, top 5 or even at #1 again tbqh.

If videos actually stopped getting scrapped and if she dropped a "break the internet" sort of music video for the song, along with a good performance at the VMAs or BBMAs... she'd actually chart very well imo. She had a killer video for WB, but literally performed it no where and went-full swing ahead into her residency. The Britney Jean era then pretty much ended straight there, or at least felt like it did, because then came the Vegas Residency era. The last time Britney did killer videos and promoted her singles with performances was during the FF era - and interestingly enough, that era gave her two #1 singles, a #3 single and a #7 single. Ever since FF,  her eras, music videos and promotion haven't exactly gone to plan or as well as they previously have at least. If she releases a lead single that's pop radio friendly, along with a killer music video and promotes it at a highly viewed TV show - I think she'd actually both sell and stream pretty well. However if that does not happen, then she most likely will remain charting within the top 20.  

I mean, both Work ***** and Make Me would have easily debuted top 10 had their videos debuted alongside the single (the original MM video). The peak of her sales and streaming in one week, and plus the sales side would have been higher than they were thanks to the video. 

But yeah, STAYING in the top 10/20...now that’s a different story. I fully believe she could debut top 20 and stay there (well maybe not stay, but re-enter the top 20 as it grew) if she promoted and did it properly, but we all know she won’t do that. So her realistic focus and ours should be getting a good peak position and a gold/platinum certification so that it looks good in black and white lol

***** she can have top 1 if she wants to :slowdown:Both work ***** and make me were weak singles like work ***** don't even have chorus and make me is a ballad about britney wanting her guy to lick her kitty cat.:selena: She needs to do something current but still something new and exciting like when she dropped HIAM and it broke the internet because dubstep and rave was not a thing in pop at the time. :unbothered:

Also maybe it's just me but i feel that top 10 single is already coming next, she can't do the same mistake third time kn a row:lemmetellu:

6 hours ago, IonutM said:

Top 20 - Sure

Top 10 - maybe

Top 5 - with perfect video, song, performance, promotion

Nr 1 - impossible imo

She could even score a No 1 if she released at the right time. These past few weeks when no big name was releasing anything important would've been ideal for Britney, but they always choose the worst dates.

With all the things they always have against them, probably a Top 25 - 30 would be sounds plausible. :tiffhair:

It’s definitely very possible. But only if she and her team put in the effort necessary. Fans can only push a single up the charts so much. Did Work *****, BJ, PG, MM or Glory have banners on iTunes? Might seem kinda stupid to other people but iTunes banners have a big impact. Britney is a big enough to have a banner for her new single and there’s no reason at all why RCA can’t make it happen. 

9 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

She could even score a No 1 if she released at the right time. These past few weeks when no big name was releasing anything important would've been ideal for Britney, but they always choose the worst dates.

With all the things they always have against them, probably a Top 25 - 30 would be sounds plausible. :tiffhair:

Shes waiting for the Liberation release date to debut her new single :imok:

14 hours ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

It’s definitely very possible. But only if she and her team put in the effort necessary. Fans can only push a single up the charts so much. Did Work *****, BJ, PG, MM or Glory have banners on iTunes? Might seem kinda stupid to other people but iTunes banners have a big impact. Britney is a big enough to have a banner for her new single and there’s no reason at all why RCA can’t make it happen. 

Britney Jean had an iTunes banner, and I think Work ***** did too. Not Pretty Girls, Make Me or Glory, though.

Archived