Lucky is a sad song yet...

none

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because that's the magic of the song :gelis: . Why is it performed in a happy way, and the sound is very jolly itself, when the message is actually sad? It's the same like when some people have issues accepting the negative feelings, and they're about to cry, but smile instead  :selenerz: in an attempt to disguise the sad feelings.

I think a similar effect occurs for Man on the Moon. If it was ever performed, it would be the happiest performance, she would be like:

Dark mascara dripping down my face
19PCni8.gif

Only fools could ever feel this way
giphy.gif

Send my message into outer space
queen-2.gif?w=600

Wonder if it's gonna float your way
giphy.gif

59 minutes ago, Kevney said:

It was not relevant to her when it was released, it was a story about someone else. But it ended up foreshadowing her own career like Mona Lisa.

I would disagree. She felt the exact same way.

@ 3:30

And I remember during the Oops Tour BTS Fe talked about how much she missed her mom and would cry whenever she got the chance to be with her family.

1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I would disagree. She felt the exact same way.

@ 3:30

And I remember during the Oops Tour BTS Fe talked about how much she missed her mom and would cry whenever she got the chance to be with her family.

You can disagree. It logically makes no sense though. Lucky was on Oops!, it would be really cocky and weird to be singing about your self as this huge huge star, winning awards, ect. When she didn't even hit her prime and was still in her bubblegum pop days.

27 minutes ago, Kevney said:

You can disagree. It logically makes no sense though. Lucky was on Oops!, it would be really cocky and weird to be singing about your self as this huge huge star, winning awards, ect. When she didn't even hit her prime and was still in her bubblegum pop days.

Britney was huge during Oops, that's the reason why she knocked out 1 million physical copies in the US alone first week. She was an instant global star after Baby. I mean this is in Italy during the Oops era. Her prime was from 1999 to 2004.

12 hours ago, dancewithme said:

from 2000 to 2002 she was performing Lucky like she was telling the story of another girl. in 2014-2015 she was telling the story of her own past. Thats why they used the slower version

how is the swing sad? :ineedthetruth:

back then, even if it was telling the story of a girl, it doesn't explain how to tell the story of an unhappy girl in an excited way

8 hours ago, Good4Ya said:

The music of the original song is so happy and catchy and that's how people got familiar with it, why would it have to be sad? :ineedthetruth:

because the lyrics and the content is a sad story, the music is a juxtaposition to make it less depressing

• Super Mods
13 hours ago, Kevney said:

It was not relevant to her when it was released, it was a story about someone else. But it ended up foreshadowing her own career like Mona Lisa.

It was relevant to her at the time. She was more hands on with the album than BOMT and got to share her ideas with the writers. She was a big star but was constantly feeling lonely. You can say that she had Justin but he was always working too so it wasn’t like she gets to see him often. It makes even more sense at the time as she was THE BIGGEST star at the time that basically had everything but still wasn’t satisfied. Only Mona Lisa predicted her downfall but all her songs are always what she was going through at the time.

5 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

It was relevant to her at the time. She was more hands on with the album than BOMT and got to share her ideas with the writers. She was a big star but was constantly feeling lonely. You can say that she had Justin but he was always working too so it wasn’t like she gets to see him often. It makes even more sense at the time as she was THE BIGGEST star at the time that basically had everything but still wasn’t satisfied. Only Mona Lisa predicted her downfall but all her songs are always what she was going through at the time.

which makes it more personal than Brontosaurus Jambalaya 

Archived