Glory Alternate Tracklist

MmmDani

1.) Do You Wanna Come Over? (Of the four contenders this feels like the least aggressive (and unlike Blackout this is a very relaxed album), so I thought this is best to ease into it (and it's still upbeat))

2.) Hard To Forget Ya (these two always came in a pair for me anyway, and it can't go from DYWCO to a slower song (like the actual album which goes up and down regularly, seemingly without much thought))

3.) Mood Ring (a natural transition between HTFY and MOTM)

4.) Man On The Moon

5.) Invitation (the way I've ordered this is that it transitions from three really fast points to two slow ones, this is the first slow point)

6.) Make Me...  (starts picking up again)

7.) Slumber Party (do you guys prefer with or without Tinashe? I don't feel like she adds anything but she doesn't ruin it either)

8.) Change Your Mind (No Sea Cortés) (this is the second fast peak, first was DYWCO)

9.) Love Me Down

10.) Just Luv Me (kind of a dip but it's not slow enough to kill the momentum that has been building since Invitation)

11.) Clumsy (fast peak #3)

12.) Private Show (really slows down at the end)

13.) If I'm Dancing (the aggressive opening builds up what was lost in the slow decline of PS's ending) (a contender for the opener)

14.) Better

15.) Liar (again, the opening builds up anything taken away in Better) (potential opener #3)

16.) Jsut Like Me (the guitar pillows on nicely from the end of Liar (that's a Harmonica right?), and it slows down for CE)

17.) Coupure Électrique (the second low point, which is necessary after the previous barrage is fast paced tracks)

18.) What You Need ("that was fun" is the only necessary reason for this to be the closer. Contrary to what I said earlier, this fast paced opening seems to fit after the slowest track on the album) (fast peak #3) (album opener contender #4, although I soon realised that no one liked this song and if it was the first think I heard I would've returned the album.)

@storm 

Thoughts?

P.S. Blackout is so difficult to rearrange, it's already so well put together.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  1. Invitation (Intro)
  2. Make Me ft. G-Eazy 
  3. Man on the Moon
  4. Mood Ring
  5. Just Like Me
  6. Do You Wanna Come Over? 
  7. Liar
  8. Love Me Down
  9. Slumber Party
  10. Change Your Mind 
  11. If I’m Dancing  
  12. Private Show 
  13. What You Need
  14.  Better
  15. Hard to Forget Ya
  16. Just Luv Me
  17. Coupoure Electrique 
  18. Clumsy - Japanese Bonus Track
  19. Me, Myself, & I (Britney Version)
  20. Make Me solo
  21. Slumber Party ft. Tinashe
On 12/30/2017 at 4:13 AM, MmmDani said:

1.) Do You Wanna Come Over? (Of the four contenders this feels like the least aggressive (and unlike Blackout this is a very relaxed album), so I thought this is best to ease into it (and it's still upbeat))

2.) Hard To Forget Ya (these two always came in a pair for me anyway, and it can't go from DYWCO to a slower song (like the actual album which goes up and down regularly, seemingly without much thought))

3.) Mood Ring (a natural transition between HTFY and MOTM)

4.) Man On The Moon

5.) Invitation (the way I've ordered this is that it transitions from three really fast points to two slow ones, this is the first slow point)

6.) Make Me...  (starts picking up again)

7.) Slumber Party (do you guys prefer with or without Tinashe? I don't feel like she adds anything but she doesn't ruin it either)

8.) Change Your Mind (No Sea Cortés) (this is the second fast peak, first was DYWCO)

9.) Love Me Down

10.) Just Luv Me (kind of a dip but it's not slow enough to kill the momentum that has been building since Invitation)

11.) Clumsy (fast peak #3)

12.) Private Show (really slows down at the end)

13.) If I'm Dancing (the aggressive opening builds up what was lost in the slow decline of PS's ending) (a contender for the opener)

14.) Better

15.) Liar (again, the opening builds up anything taken away in Better) (potential opener #3)

16.) Jsut Like Me (the guitar pillows on nicely from the end of Liar (that's a Harmonica right?), and it slows down for CE)

17.) Coupure Électrique (the second low point, which is necessary after the previous barrage is fast paced tracks)

18.) What You Need ("that was fun" is the only necessary reason for this to be the closer. Contrary to what I said earlier, this fast paced opening seems to fit after the slowest track on the album) (fast peak #3) (album opener contender #4, although I soon realised that no one liked this song and if it was the first think I heard I would've returned the album.)

@storm 

Thoughts?

P.S. Blackout is so difficult to rearrange, it's already so well put together.

All your tracklists are amazing! I love how you order them and how they go from fun, fast songs, to midtempos, to a slower song and then back to building their way up in speed. I hope you don't mind me using them for my playlists :dorkney: and that's true about blackout, and this is my final question: what does your femme fatale playlist look like?

This is what i did to the Glory Tracklist!

1. Do You Wanna Come Over

2. Hard To Forget Ya

3. Mood Ring

4. Man On The Moon

5. Invitation

6. Make Me ft. G-Eazy

7. Slumber Party (solo)

8. Change Your Mind

9. Hey Ma ft. Pitbull / Romeo Santos

10. Love Me Down

11. Just Luv Me

12. Clumsy

13. Pretty Girls ft. Iggy

14. Private Show

15. If I'm Dancing

16. Tom's Diner 

17. Better

18. Liar

19. Me, Myself, and I ft. G-Eazy

20. Just Like Me

21. Coupure Electrique

22. What You Need

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/01/2018 at 9:19 PM, storm said:

This is what i did to the Glory Tracklist!

1. Do You Wanna Come Over

2. Hard To Forget Ya

3. Mood Ring

4. Man On The Moon

5. Invitation

6. Make Me ft. G-Eazy

7. Slumber Party (solo)

8. Change Your Mind

9. Hey Ma ft. Pitbull / Romeo Santos

10. Love Me Down

11. Just Luv Me

12. Clumsy

13. Pretty Girls ft. Iggy

14. Private Show

15. If I'm Dancing

16. Tom's Diner 

17. Better

18. Liar

19. Me, Myself, and I ft. G-Eazy

20. Just Like Me

21. Coupure Electrique

22. What You Need

Those bonus tracks are really well placed (I put Tom’s Diner and PG in BJ personally)

1. Invitation (no need to explain why)

2. Do You Wanna Come Over? (Invitation is a ballad, I think DYWCO is a better follow-up than make me)

3. Make Me (it has to be high in the tracklist and it sounds great after the "rough", upbeat come over)

4. Man On The Moon (it's a sweet song but not a midtempo. It's a nice change of pace after Make Me and it's strong enough to be high in the tracklist)

5. Liar (despite being SLIGHTLY, slightly overrated among the fanbase,  it's a really good track.. After the sweet MM and MOTM, it sounds even more powerful)

6. Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes) (it's upbeat, it's **** and lirically it's a nice change after two love / break up songs. It sounds perfect sonically before JLM)

7. Just Like Me (perfect after Change Your Mind and before Slumber. They just flow well one after another. The CYM and SP are more ******, while this is a break up song and it's perfect to change the theme a little bit)

8. Slumber Party (it just sounds perfect in this position)

9. Love Me Down (it's a harder  - hitting track compared to the previous two but it's not that faster, so it works well sonically)

10. Better (it works well after love me down, maintaining a similar pace but with a different, sweeter melody and powerful beat)

11. What You Need (I think this song is underrated. It's not a masterpiece, of course, but it's good enough to be in the standard. The "that was fun" is great for the last upbeat song before the ending)

12. Just Love Me (there's no real ballad after Invitation, and Just Like Me just doesn't feel right in this position. So Just Love Me is the perfect closure for the record, being calm and relaxing yet a really strong track)

BONUS

13. Hard to Forget Ya (sonically it could have easily taken What You Need place in my tracklist, but I don't really like the melody. It's not a weak song, but it's not that good either. It's a pretty decent bonus track though)

14. Mood Ring (this song has good melody and really good vocals - though uselessy processed - seriously, why adding that ******* robotic effect? -, but I can't really find a place for it in the main tracklist. I also don't really like the lyrics)

15. If I'm Dancing (great, fun song! It's like a "How I Roll" evolution. But like Mood Ring, I really can't find a decent spot for it in the main tracklist. While being a really good song, it just works better as a bonus track)

16. Coupure Electrique (I love this song. I absolutely love it. Her french pronunciation being so bad it's the main problem, and despite being absolutely beautiful it sounds a little bit like a "divertissement", an homage to blackout, than a "real" song. Its powerful, heavy melody really makes the cd ends on a high note, though.)

LEAKED DEMOS NEVER OFFICIALLY RELEASED

Clumsy (it's funny and catchy but please, the vocals are atrocious and its production is bad. It sounds like a BJ track)

Private Show (I can't stand it. Lyrics, melody, vocals - except for the second verse)

1. Invitation (No autotune/vocoder ****)

2. Man On The Moon

3. Clumsy (Finished)

4. Change Your Mind

5. Do You Wanna Come Over?

6. Slumbert Party

7. Just like Me

8. Change Your Mind

9. Make Me (No G-eazy)

10. Just Love Me

11. Private Show (Without Chipmunk Vocals)

12. If I'm Dancing

13. What You Need (More instruments and without Chipmunk vocals)

14. Hard To Forget Ya

Here’s mine:

1. Invitation 
  2. Make Me
  3. Man on the Moon
  4. Just Luv Me
  5. Better
  6. Mood Ring
  7. Do You Wanna Come Over?
  8. Slumber Party
  9. Just Like Me
  10. Love Me Down
  11. Change Your Mind

I really don’t think there’s a better tracklist than this. It removes the songs that either don’t fit with the rest of the album or just aren’t as good as the rest. It keeps only the high quality songs, it’s cohesive, and it keeps a nice balance between the slower songs and the more upbeat songs so the album doesn’t get too worn out at anytime. 

12 hours ago, JSDSandiego said:

I dont think the order of tracks really matters..
:outwithit:

Its just so that people don’t have to listen on shuffle all the time, it’s nice when there some sort of tonal consistency throughout the album so that it flows nicely. I love it when I barely notice.a track change 

Archived