Erm, What?! Miley Cyrus Says Swinging Naked On A Wrecking Ball Is The Most Embarrassing Thing She's Ever Done

Jordan Miller

Guest Diamond Horse
22 hours ago, LELE said:

I think Miley was trying to be a 70's psychedelic hippie singer

With her Dead Petz album it seemed like she was genuinely into it though.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Diamond Horse said:

OMGGGGGG Really? For me it is the abruptest change of angle and perspective :o 

Thanks for informing us sis :)

In this case it should have made headlines" :shake: But we all know that media plays it safe.

No problem! :) I'm actually trying to fact-check my own information because I honestly don't remember if the individual she's singing to/about is fictional, and therefore metaphorical, or if it's actually inspired by a real-life story, but the song in question is entitled "Karen Don't Be Sad."

Either way, I distinctly recall hearing/reading Miley say that "Karen" was a transgender teen who committed suicide due to bullying, and this performance was dedicated to both the loss of Karen and to serve as an inspirational message for all current transgender individuals to encourage them to remain strong in the face of great adversity.

Guest Diamond Horse
2 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

No problem! :) I'm actually trying to fact-check my own information because I honestly don't remember if the individual she's singing to/about is fictional, and therefore metaphorical, or if it's actually inspired by a real-life story, but the song in question is entitled "Karen Don't Be Sad."

Either way, I distinctly recall hearing/reading Miley say that "Karen" was a transgender teen who committed suicide due to bullying, and this performance was dedicated to both the loss of Karen and to see as an inspirational message for all current transgender individuals to encourage them to remain strong in the face of great adversity.

This is sweet. And it is a little naive/innocent/[childlike if I may] as that simple concept and it makes it kinda pure'n'simple actually. She has great compassion and has that organization, I am sure she is meaning it all.

Compared to that, her last album seems a little held back ALMOST if it was too behind the frames.

6 minutes ago, Diamond Horse said:

This is sweet. And it is a little naive/innocent/[childlike if I may] as that simple concept and it makes it kinda pure'n'simple actually. She has great compassion and has that organization, I am sure she is meaning it all.

Compared to that, her last album seems a little held back ALMOST if it was too behind the frames.

Yeah, even though I am not technically a fan (haven't purchased any of her albums), I do recognize her vocal talent, and could see myself eventually becoming a fan if she were to find her way musically. I also actually like her personality; she tends to be a bit obnoxious, but as you said, her compassion for others seems genuine.

Guest Diamond Horse
2 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

Yeah, even though I am not technically a fan (haven't purchased any of her albums), I do recognize her vocal talent, and could see myself eventually becoming a fan if she were to find her way musically. I also actually like her personality; she tends to be a bit obnoxious, but as you said, her compassion for others seems genuine.

Yeah, she is definitely talented, but needs her really own musical key

1 hour ago, LostInAnImage said:

So I'm not actually even a Miley fan, but in her defense, she wore this costume while singing a ballad about a transgender individual who, if I recall correctly, committed suicide due to the extreme stigma and subsequent bullying of her transgender status. Hence, she is wearing both female and male ****** organs. It was intended to be a tribute.

I didn't know about that.Thanks for the information.It is thoughtful yet too much in my opinion.Not the genital but the unrealistic figure...

15 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

I was the same generation but by no means was Miley the most controversial video, we had Gaga and rihanna doing that.

i dont remember anyone ever talking about a rihanna video in my age group, and i was the only one of my friends to see the applause video, which was the only one of Gaga's i remember anyone talking about. I remember older kids around my brothers age talking about Gaga's outfits and live performances. However the day the wrecking ball video dropped we all lost our minds. my mom wouldnt listen to any radio stations that played it and even though it was towards the beginning of the school year, i remember people still talking about it just before summer started. And it wasnt just us, it was older kids and adults too. Its the only music moment i can remember being that talked about universally. 

• 2 years later...
On 12/12/2017 at 2:04 PM, ATWK said:

This. Her constantly dissing her past material makes her look like a puppet who records whatever is trendy and gets her the most GP attention instead of someone who makes music for her fans.

I can't take stuff like Malibu seriously because I know she's gonna diss it in like 2 years when she's gonna come back with sometyhing urban and shocking, and the "light" Malibu will have been a "mistake". I can already imagine it: "Malibu is something that doesn't truly represent me, it's something that my label wanted me to do. My new single "#*something tasteless and tacky*" is something that comes from the heart. It's Miley. Malibu wasn't.". 

Bookmark this and bump it in 2/3 years. :bang:

.:jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:.

Archived