BOMT 1999 LIVE? WHEN DID SHE START LIPSYNCING?

BritintheZone

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and the lip syncing was always a subject they brought to the table.Because of the way she puts cd track and try to lip it. I mean it wouldn't be this huge if she pre record them.

I think she would often switch off, to where she sang along with the track and then times where she sang without the track. I think the track just got louder later on to the point where you couldn't hear her anymore (or the track was dubbed rather than the mic feed for televised performances), which gave off the notion that she wasn't singing at all. I truly believe that she thought she's been singing live (along with the track) for a good amount of her career (and she very well could have been) but the track is just very loud or dubbed on tv that we think she's lipping. I feel like this happens with a lot of artists, even today. 

However, now, I think she intentionally lip synchs or has the mic on but whispers into the mic instead of actually singing. 

19 hours ago, LBoggie said:

I think she would often switch off, to where she sang along with the track and then times where she sang without the track. I think the track just got louder later on to the point where you couldn't hear her anymore (or the track was dubbed rather than the mic feed for televised performances), which gave off the notion that she wasn't singing at all. I truly believe that she thought she's been singing live (along with the track) for a good amount of her career (and she very well could have been) but the track is just very loud or dubbed on tv that we think she's lipping. I feel like this happens with a lot of artists, even today. 

However, now, I think she intentionally lip synchs or has the mic on but whispers into the mic instead of actually singing. 

Britney isn’t dumb, a performance is rehearsed and decided upon days in advance, of course she would know whether or not her mic was on.

There’s a behind the scenes video of her in Asia before performing INAGNYAW and she literally laughs and says ‘don’t worry it’s all playback’ when someone asks her if her bracelet will be too noisy for the mic.

Archived