did ITZ ever influence on POP music?

troubleguy

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

toxic alone influenced pop music. blackout is a great album but the range of sounds/influences & lyrical content of itz are much better than blackout imo. blackout is a good dance/electropop album but itz showed her artistic & personal growth. unfortunately she hasn't really grown since

The album itself as a whole is eclipsed by the success and longevity of Toxic. Not to mention, it really doesn't have that much notoriety outside of the pop culture bubble because it wasn't attached to any big moment, like the way Baby / Oops were to her debut and Blackout to her meltdown.

I think today it would have garnered more attention had she released something like Early Mornin', Touch or Breathe as singles rather than pandering to the urban trend with Music and Outrageous, even though they gave us amazing dance routines. It was definitely an album that could have had amazing longevity if Britney wasn't so overworked and wanting a change.

24 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

The album itself as a whole is eclipsed by the success and longevity of Toxic. Not to mention, it really doesn't have that much notoriety outside of the pop culture bubble because it wasn't attached to any big moment, like the way Baby / Oops were to her debut and Blackout to her meltdown.

I think today it would have garnered more attention had she released something like Early Mornin', Touch or Breathe as singles rather than pandering to the urban trend with Music and Outrageous, even though they gave us amazing dance routines. It was definitely an album that could have had amazing longevity if Britney wasn't so overworked and wanting a change.

Totally I feel like for that moment you had this very Britney sound (with blackout too) and it could’ve been a great reinvigoration to her image, sound. People expect bangers and this could’ve been the moment to seize on a sensual vibey Britney.

I run away , all the leaked songs, atwk, my prerogative songs - it sounds like alternative r&b now 

36 minutes ago, Body ache said:

They all had an Itzney vibe to them, and the music they sang sounded like Itz parodies. They were all based on Britney.

That's because Bloodshy & Avant themselves produced the one from Music and Lyrics. :orangu:

They even recycled the production and made it into a BoA song, who also recorded another B&A Britney reject, Look Who's Talking.

56 minutes ago, STARTWINK said:

Nope, no they didn't. That was already established sound in Pop music especially in Europe.

Agreed. They were fantastic songs and departures for Britney, but they weren't bringing an underground culture to the mainstream (like she did with electro/dance/edm with blackout).

As well, ITZ wasn't as cohesive. Blackout had one cohesive direction that it bubbled to the mainstream. ITZ had a little bit of urban, a little bit of europop, a little bit of bubblegum pop (hello brave girl)...so it just didnt have that type of impact. 

3 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

That's because Bloodshy & Avant themselves produced the one from Music and Lyrics. :orangu:

They even recycled the production and made it into a BoA song, who also recorded another B&A Britney reject, Look Who's Talking.

LOL. The first outfit is like the current POM outfit.

I think if ITZ would have lasted the entire era, it would have made a bigger impact. I feel like the album and Every time got (sorta) swept under the rug as time went on because people were over Britney for a long time. I can't decide whether Kevin coming into the picture is a good thing or a bad thing. On one hand, she took a break and sorta went away  (As a popstar) and people were like Thank god! On the other hand, she ended up getting into so much more **** that resulted in her being put in a c-ship.

I feel like by ITZ, people were over her music and her as a pop star and a person. Blackout gets more praise NOW because people look back and wonder how she managed to create such a good album in the midst of all the craziness that was surrounding her. But anyone who was around in 2007 remembers how much Blackout and Gimme more got bashed. People accused the album of being autotuned garbage and Gimme more to be insanely repetitive and weak. Yes, so many people (like myself) liked and defended it but even more people were against it. When I look back, I realize how hypocritical people are/were towards Britney. When she was on top of the world, people shat on her and her music. Now that she's no longer famous or open with the public, everybody suddenly loves and appreciates her. ITZ didn't get the praise it deserves (aside from toxic) and neither did her singles like My Prerogative and Someday (I will understand). And more than that, Blackout didn't even get the praise it deserved when it was released. It took the public 10 ******* years to say good things about the album. 

I always been between In The Zone & Blackout when it comes to choosing as my favourite album of them all. Blackout is a masterpiece ,but I would place In The Zone as my No.1 album. Britney was so much involved in creating process and so many great producers stepped in that made each song so different from one another. It's such a shame because of her knee the promo was canceled and we lost on "Outrageous". Blackout and In The Zone albums should have had like 6 singles released. Would have been great visual albums tho.... Only if... :(

Not really. I mean I know itz is holy here but honestly the album isn’t that special. The fact that it was Britney’s first creative album makes it special but in terms of sound and vocals Blackout remains the superior. 

Thats from a fans point of views who’s favorite album is Oops I did it again so I’m not biased lol. 

The itz era however is superior in terms of promo and performances off course 

Aside from the singles, I've listened to Blackout once. In The Zone on the other hand, I still listen to all the time. I was thinking about this question too and I can't understand why ITZ isn't as appreciated. I know people say Blackout is cohesive but it all sounds the same to me whereas ITZ has urban, pop, ballads, reggae etc and to me, it still sounds fresh but it also fills me with nostalgia and a lot of the songs are so sensual and put you in a chilled mood. My second fave album is Britney and I know it doesn't fit the mould but I think Blackout is one of my least favourites. Saying things like that on here is dangerous but I like what I like.

5 hours ago, car said:

Agreed. They were fantastic songs and departures for Britney, but they weren't bringing an underground culture to the mainstream (like she did with electro/dance/edm with blackout).

As well, ITZ wasn't as cohesive. Blackout had one cohesive direction that it bubbled to the mainstream. ITZ had a little bit of urban, a little bit of europop, a little bit of bubblegum pop (hello brave girl)...so it just didnt have that type of impact. 

That's exactly why I love ITZ, though because none of the songs sound alike. They're all distinctive. The only two songs I've ever gotten "mixed up" is BOM and Showdown at first (in the blur of listening to the album for the first time ever).

I've seen Blackout for what it is more and more in recent years. And I've always recognized it brought dubstep to the mainstream. But I always say, there would be no Blackout if there was no ITZ/Toxic. 

When I heard "Toxic" for the first time, it sounded so different. Not just different for Britney but different from anything else out there on the (pop) radio. It was incredible. It was so different, in fact, that I didn't  even like it on the first listen.:surprisedney:

6 hours ago, Shadow. said:

toxic alone influenced pop music. blackout is a great album but the range of sounds/influences & lyrical content of itz are much better than blackout imo. blackout is a good dance/electropop album but itz showed her artistic & personal growth. unfortunately she hasn't really grown since

This. 100 percent. I think that's why ITZ has always been my favorite over Blackout. It's the closest we've ever gotten to a personal album what with her hand in writing all the songs. And I love that she was the EP for Blackout and had a darker, club sound. But I honestly did miss having a true ballad (I LOVE "Shadow"!!). 

I will also, say, however, that Blackout has aged A LOT BETTER  than ITZ. Blackout could be played on the radio and still sound current. ITZ would sound very much like a gem from 2003-2004, even though American pop music didn't exactly sound like it at the time.

IN THE ZONE is my favorite album. This is true it did not have such a huge success, just as BOMT or OIDIA. I don't even think it could have done better with the OUTRAGEOUS single, which was supposed to be used as the main song from the (not so good) movie CATWOMAN. MATM did not convince, TOXIC was a huge it. EVERYTIME was really appreciated... But then, I think everything went wrong with Kevin, the injury during the OUTRAGEOUS video shoot, the wedding and more...

I think ITZ influenced her career and that's thanks to this album we got BLACKOUT. Basically, BOMT, OIDIA and BRITNEY were just pop albums (except for BRITNEY with Slave 4 U and others) but musically, that was just basic pop. Don't get me wrong, those album are amazing. BUT ITZ was the first step to the new music style. Every song has a different atmosphere and I LOVE this. Just like Christina's Aguilera's STRIPPED.

I hope Britney will create a new album like this, with good vocals, and a mix of ITZ & BLACKOUT :)

Archived