did ITZ ever influence on POP music?

troubleguy

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

General consensus is that ITZ actually had the most references to Madonna music (for instance the "Erotica" album), so even though the maturity of ITZ was praised, it wasn't presenting all that much new to the pop music landscape. "Toxic" is accepted as the standout track for many reasons, but although it is an enduring hit, the song itself - let alone the entire album - didn't bring any changes to the general production & sounds of pop music in the time after. ITZ is a fabulous album, but it really wasn't sonically influential. 

Blackout is highly regarded for its immediate influence on the sound of pop music, because its effects are so obvious. Rihanna's "Disturbia" and Christina's "Bionic" album quickly come to mind as just two of many other examples that were helped shaped by Blackout.  

11 hours ago, Harlow said:

IN THE ZONE is my favorite album. This is true it did not have such a huge success, just as BOMT or OIDIA. I don't even think it could have done better with the OUTRAGEOUS single, which was supposed to be used as the main song from the (not so good) movie CATWOMAN. MATM did not convince, TOXIC was a huge it. EVERYTIME was really appreciated... But then, I think everything went wrong with Kevin, the injury during the OUTRAGEOUS video shoot, the wedding and more...

I think ITZ influenced her career and that's thanks to this album we got BLACKOUT. Basically, BOMT, OIDIA and BRITNEY were just pop albums (except for BRITNEY with Slave 4 U and others) but musically, that was just basic pop. Don't get me wrong, those album are amazing. BUT ITZ was the first step to the new music style. Every song has a different atmosphere and I LOVE this. Just like Christina's Aguilera's STRIPPED.

I hope Britney will create a new album like this, with good vocals, and a mix of ITZ & BLACKOUT :)

sometimes i think that knee injury was just a perfect excuse to stop promo, etc as at that time our gurl already worked so hard and wanted to take a break  and make plans on having a family :cigney:

2 hours ago, troubleguy said:

sometimes i think that knee injury was just a perfect excuse to stop promo, etc as at that time our gurl already worked so hard and wanted to take a break  and make plans on having a family :cigney:

I must say I had this idea as well. But there are so many reasons. Maybe she was just fed up with everything, running here and there, TV, Promo, Shows, Tv, Promo, Shows and that was just the right move to escape and settle with Kevin.

But well, we will never know.

Archived