Britney MVs observations

MmmDani

Just binged the MVs up until Someday (incl. The remains of Outrageous and excl. the What's Going On video because no one cares about it)

- BOMT (Remember it being great, it still is)

- Sometimes (apart from the pier dancing it's really well shot)

- Crazy (The Stop! Remix)  (again, great)

- BTMYH (never seen it, this is actually incredible)

- FTBOMBH (never seen this either, I think it's the best looking from the BOMT era but she looks like a 1970s gardener for half of it)

- Oops (even better than I remembered)

- Lucky (significantly better upon repeat viewings)

- Stronger (really, really cool)

- When Your Eyes Say It, has anyone ever seen anything from it. Cause so far I've found nothing. It's a shame because the other videos from around this time are excellent.

- DLMBTLTK (never seen it, loved it)

- Slave (yum)

- Overprotected (pretty good, if not a little repetitive and cheap as ****)

- IMNAGNYAW (screw this video)

- Overprotected (Darkchild Remix) (the video is better, much better. But the song is inferior)

- I Love Rock 'N' Roll (never seen it, incredible)

- Anticipating (:jtum:)

- Boys (The Co-Ed Remix) (That guy at the start/the cgi house :triggered:. Apart from Pharrel's creepiness this video is also pretty great (Austin improves it significantly).

- MATM (it's still great, but it's so obvious that they are running down the same little corridor over and over again. And that damned swing. And Madonna drops her cane (Brit's acting when she finds it tho) and then suddenly has it again a few scenes later. And what the hell does the ending mean? The dancing in this is god tier.)

- Toxic (effortlessly cool, I'd love to see this remastered)

- Everyime (her best video. But why is her hair so wet (same with Slave))

- Outrageous (would've been terrible, would've ruined a perfect video streak if it was released. And it ruined Britney's dancing. I hate it. (But not as much as I hate IMNAGNYAW))

- My Prerogative (I think this is my personal fave)

- Do Somethin' (Outrageous 2.0. Cringe. (Although it's nice that she looks to be having fun))

- Someday (I Will Understand) (The last primeney video. I take it back. This may very well be her best video. The d

editing and cinematography and in point. And the black and white. Yes. Yes. Yes.)

Tbh I can't be bothered to watch anymore, this was strangely time consuming. And Gimme More sucks. What are your thoughts on these vids? I thought I'd seen them all but apparently I have never seen a third of them, and I didn't dislike a single one (that I hadn't seen, because u fortunately I have seen IMNAGNYAW before)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You hadn't seen lots of her videos. What are you, 10 years old? lol jk

I think the Darkchild Remix is good, but I still prefer the International version. I don't think it's cheap, I mean, it probably is compared to, idk, Toxic, but it's really cool and she looks better than the remix. 

When Your Eyes Say It, I made a thread a couple of years ago. Felicia answered me on Facebook that there was never a video for that song. The company that the alleged directors of the video work for, also replied to me that they had never worked with Britney before. It's up to ya'll whether to believe that or not. Some suggested that Felicia wouldn't tell me the truth, but I think, why would she bother to answer me in the first place, and on top of that, with lies, when she could've just ignored my message? 

I don't think Everytime is that good. I actually think it's one of my least favorite videos, although she looks better than a lot of other videos. 

I do agree GM is really bad, but it's slightly better than POM. 

2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think the Darkchild Remix is good, but I still prefer the International version. I don't think it's cheap, I mean, it probably is compared to, idk, Toxic, but it's really cool and she looks better than the remix. 

Omg no way.... the dark child remix is the most beautiful she’s ever looked in a video 

1 hour ago, 3isacharm said:

Omg no way.... the dark child remix is the most beautiful she’s ever looked in a video 

I think that accolade goes to Stronger, then MATM, then Overprotected/Toxic then ILRNR/DS.

Darkchild Remix looks hot, but I don't know, there's something I can't point, maybe the hair, maybe the tan, but there's something that stops it from being completely spectacular.

8 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Glad you watched them all. Videos like BTMYH and ILRNR are pretty underrated.

Have you seen all of them from Blackout to Glory?

I have seen all of those too many times and as a result I thought I'd seen most of them, until yesterday when I realised that I hadn't seen most of her early stuff (probably because I'm not usually in the mood for the ballads)

6 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

My first album was My Prerogative followed by Blackout (because I'd seen the BOMT vid so many times) so I knew all of those singles too well. So when I looked for more of her stuff I only really watched the later videos because I hadn't heard it before (and I prefer her later music tbh so I didn't really think to go and look back at them). Also the MVs for her later stuff aren't that great, so I presumed the same for her earlier as well. I was sooooo wrong.

2 minutes ago, WilderWein said:

You dont seem to have enough appreciation for classic Britney and you havent seen a lot of videos? A new fan? Very young? 

Not a new fan (She's been my fave since 2004/2005 but I never really liked her videos until now so I hadn't seen them. Also I only really looked into her unreleased/besides/MVs/EPs/others in 2015, I was only a singles junkie until 2013/14

30 minutes ago, IUSAtonight said:

Why do people hate POM so much? I mean it's not Video of the year worthy but it's a lot better than GM which was basically bad pole dancing imo.

I think she looks terrible. There's something off with her. And the colors of the video aren't very pleasant, that orange and black and blue from the background, and the paparazzi shots, and the club scenes, there's like too many people, I don't know. It's an ugly video.

Gimme More, is so basic and trashy, but AT LEAST one can imagine, or pretend that Britney is playing a role, a character, and that's like the vibe of the video, and the black/blue/purple-ish colors of the video are more pleasant than POM's. But in POM she's supposed to be herself, and she was supposed to look flawless because it was like her **** u response to the media, but it ended up being the epitome of how trashy her career and image had become after the public scandals/breakdown. That's why I always say BTI is the best Blackout video. It looks classier, more mysterious, it doesn't look like a cheap cartoon video some random artist would've released, and it was the smartest move for the situation Britney was going through at the time.

20 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Some suggested that Felicia wouldn't tell me the truth, but I think, why would she bother to answer me in the first place, and on top of that, with lies, when she could've just ignored my message?

Because Team Britney is 1% skills and 99% lies and deception. Haven't you seen all these bumped threads about the original Make Me... MV? It is a warning to remind us never to trust her Team.

:lessons:

l46CuTt81mlX8VDQQ.gif

19 hours ago, 3isacharm said:

18 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think that accolade goes to Stronger, then MATM, then Overprotected/Toxic then ILRNR/DS.

Darkchild Remix looks hot, but I don't know, there's something I can't point, maybe the hair, maybe the tan, but there's something that stops it from being completely spectacular.

Out of curiosity, which Britney video does she look best in these underrated/overlooked (remastered) Britney videos: as a superstar teen popstar in DLMBTLTK or as a superstar popstar mom in Radar?

I'D like to add some of my observations:

1. Some of her MVs have alternative cuts.

- Sometimes has one with the dancing in the first verse removed.

- The alternative version of You Drive Me Crazy ( which I hear is the World premiere version) has tons of different angles and with different parts of the choreo shown ( such as the 1st part of the 2nd chorus).

- The other cut of Stronger has cruder GFX  but, after the bridge part  of the song ( after the scene raining scene), it has her standing on a spinning chair for 2 seconds (whereas in the youtube version, she only stands for a fraction of a second)

- Not a Girl has 3 or 4 or 5 cuts ( IDK, can someone confirm this?). The Vevo/Yt version, the version which is like the YT version but with Crossroads footage, the one where she also is in a car, in a camp site and in a motel, the one like the previous one but with Crossroads footage etc.

2. The only copies of FtBOmBH, Overprotected Dc and I think Radar available are composite (Rainbow-artifact ridden) copies. That why their "REMASTERED" versions look significantly worse than her other MVs.

5 hours ago, zxcvb said:

Out of curiosity, which Britney video does she look best in these underrated/overlooked (remastered) Britney videos: as a superstar teen popstar in DLMBTLTK or as a superstar popstar mom in Radar?

I prefer Britney in Radar with the white hat and this part

tumblr_lxvorbiSMN1r3ty02o1_500.gif?resiz

but then we have this

4f35c0d8-f38e-4d06-a9d3-46f9e6ae7fcc.png

where she was starting to look like FFney, so I think overall DLMBTLTK wins this match, but in general it's not one of my favorite looks of hers

Archived