Britney Spears - Legion

Dynasty

10 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Kinda is. Circus gave us a Bratz cover, Mmm Papi, ''Smell Your Breath'', Radar (again) and a number one single that was the title repeated 36 times. Femme Fatale gave us an album that had Britney record songs in 15 minutes and then leave, and BJ gave us Britney drinking coffee while Myah did the work. 

Atleast, this has a bit of actual artistry in it.

Unusual You, Amnesia, He About to Lose Me and even Hold On Tight are all stronger and actually better executed tracks. This just sounds like some Soundcloud indie demo.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, I think Britney Jean as a whole was very misguided. I'm not sure this song would made it any better. The lyrics seem like a vapid attempt at being someone's battlecry, if that makes sense. I recognize that's harsh. That being said, I think if Britney were to record a "personal" song again,  this would be the type of material we'd get, so I'm actually glad she didn't record this. 

9 hours ago, SlayOut said:

Not sure how I feel about some of the lyrics, however:

The fact this was turned away in favor of trash like It Should Be Easy or Body Ache? :byebitch: Tragic. :whitney:

I'm kinda glad it wasn't chosen. I dont think I'd wanna hear Myah sing that song

23 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

That was my wedding song. :mcry:

As for Legion... nah, not a fan.

Really?! :crying4: That's so beautiful, it's one of my all-time favorite Xtina ballads. It essentially reminds me of a sequel to "Save Me From Myself," which Christina wrote about her husband (the music video actually features real footage from her wedding). It's really beautiful, and given it's an acoustic song with soft, muted vocals, it's also very different from the ballads she's traditionally associated with. Highly recommend! 

1 hour ago, LostInAnImage said:

Really?! :crying4: That's so beautiful, it's one of my all-time favorite Xtina ballads. It essentially reminds me of a sequel to "Save Me From Myself," which Christina wrote about her husband (the music video actually features real footage from her wedding). It's really beautiful, and given it's an acoustic song with soft, muted vocals, it's also very different from the ballads she's traditionally associated with. Highly recommend! 

Yes! It was actually the only piece of music I was absolutely sure of and knew would be my song before I even started planning the rest of the wedding. I know SMFM, but I didn't know it had an official video. :clap: (I have her self-titled, Stripped, B2B, and Bionic: but I only know a few of her videos in general, admittedly.) I do love that song, and I could see it being a follow up track.

Archived