A question for long time fans - MTV FTR related

Tazosh

I dunno if ya'll remember, but Britney's appearance in TRL's countdown to For The Record, was considered pretty rare at the time.

I remember people on WoB (World of Britney - remember that? ;)  )  said she wasn't feeling it and took long breaks between takes. 

Can anyone find any of the audience experience blog or whatever from the taping of that show? I'm really curious about it.

Thanks

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember the audience saying they cut the show more than once while tapping due to Britney's team request, and that Larry and her father would interrupt to comfort Britney coz she was fragile as hell. The rumors said she felt way too uncomfortable with the audience (they were not fans but extras) and with the fact that she was forced to be in that show as part of the FTR airing deal. She didn't want to see her old days on screen in front of everyone, it wasn't the right moment to do that.

She was very nervous and not comfortable. It was obvious it was too soon for here to be back doing promotion. She looked amazing yes, but she was so sad and angry during that era. 

It's crazy how money is more important than her health for her team. It took a long time, and she still (and always will) have scars, but for me it's only since the Glory era (almost 10 years after her breakdown !)  that we're starting to see that she's feeling clearly better.

The whole thing was so awkward to watch. She clearly wasn't into it, and anytime she was asked a question or her opinion on something, it was really short answers and she was really not giving a **** about the whole thing. It was just way to soon for her. She was still recovering from her breakdown for God sakes.  

Archived