I don't get this scene on the Toxic video

Vessel.

37 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

:mhm: Fact. I remember that as well. I think it was Britney herself who decided it was too dark; I heard back then it was her team, I think, but I've since heard it was her. (Kind of the way of every scrapped thing. Ah, traditions.)

She didn't even want to finish the video, according to LaChapelle. It's bittersweet really. In the Zone is her best era, yet she was so overworked. :outwithit:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BreatheOnMoi
11 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

She didn't even want to finish the video, according to LaChapelle. It's bittersweet really. In the Zone is her best era, yet she was so overworked. :outwithit:

Omg really?? Which interview was this from :triggered:

Guest BreatheOnMoi
15 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Damn I never saw this I don't think.  that's so interesting in the perspective that her team agreed to work with him while he's out there exposing stuff like that. Maybe this was something that he was trying to translate in the Make Me video? I'm a litto shookt rn  :nicki2:

3 minutes ago, BreatheOnMoi said:

Damn I never saw this I don't think.  that's so interesting in the perspective that her team agreed to work with him while he's out there exposing stuff like that. Maybe this was something that he was trying to translate in the Make Me video? I'm a litto shookt rn  :nicki2:

I don't think him and Britney really get along much on set. Not much chemistry, different creative visions probably. LaChapelle also isn't one to cash his check and just walk away, he sticks with his art until the end. This is why Britney's team probably doesn't like him very much. He can't be bought and makes their jobs more difficult. He probably didn't want to censor or change the video at Britney and her team's request so he pulled out.

49 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Ah, so it was LaChapelle who admitted things, okay. I wasn't entirely sure there. But yeah, both statements are completely true. 

5 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

Ah, so it was LaChapelle who admitted things, okay. I wasn't entirely sure there. But yeah, both statements are completely true. 

If those were true i think Britney has one of the saddest stories as a popstar :sobbing: but i do feel like there was a genuine passion from her at the beginning of her career

24 minutes ago, Itachi said:

If those were true i think Britney has one of the saddest stories as a popstar :sobbing: but i do feel like there was a genuine passion from her at the beginning of her career

For the record, I feel like David's embellishing. As BoyToy said, she was being overworked and she was sad, the media was beginning to turn on her and the GP was fed up with her-- she needed some rest, is all that tells me. That's not me agreeing with David that she never wanted her career, simply that the decisions made with the video were by her (I don't even get why people think it's her team when we've been over how involved she was during ITZ enough, plus it's a reoccurring thing and it's not like her team doesn't see the design boards and have input there before they even shoot the videos)-- but that's also going way off topic back to the whole puppet thing, which I don't think.

Both can be true that she was being overworked during the ITZ era, and that she had the most creative input then as well.

1 hour ago, Vessel. said:

Pretty sure it was cutting her wrists :idkney:

That would have been such an intense video. The last seen when she gets up and laughs kind of breaks the cinematic tension. They should of went with the original seen but her team has been scrapping ideas since the beginning :giggleney:

6 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

I feel like this is fake, ITZ era was like her most involved and the one where I felt like she was trying to prove herself as a true artist. This just makes her look like a puppet with no passion for her work 

Why are you so obsessed with this whole puppet schtick? Pop music is manufactured. Point blank. There's a whole system involved. There's over 100 people involved in the making of a mainstream pop album, and even more involved in the making of an era. Britney isn't the female Bob Dylan. You're not going to find any mainstream pop star that isn't manufactured or a product of the label.

Britney working nonstop for 6 years and wanting to take a break doesn't mean she had no passion either. She's a woman, not a pack mule. :outwithit:

Guest BreatheOnMoi
18 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Why are you so obsessed with this whole puppet schtick? Pop music is manufactured. Point blank. There's a whole system involved. There's over 100 people involved in the making of a mainstream pop album, and even more involved in the making of an era. Britney isn't the female Bob Dylan. You're not going to find any mainstream pop star that isn't manufactured or a product of the label.

Britney working nonstop for 6 years and wanting to take a break doesn't mean she had no passion either. She's a woman, not a pack mule. :outwithit:

Welp, this hot tea :girlwhat:

15 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I made a thread about it once :weirdmeout: but yeah you’re right

1 hour ago, fucknfurter said:

For the record, I feel like David's embellishing. As BoyToy said, she was being overworked and she was sad, the media was beginning to turn on her and the GP was fed up with her-- she needed some rest, is all that tells me. That's not me agreeing with David that she never wanted her career, simply that the decisions made with the video were by her (I don't even get why people think it's her team when we've been over how involved she was during ITZ enough, plus it's a reoccurring thing and it's not like her team doesn't see the design boards and have input there before they even shoot the videos)-- but that's also going way off topic back to the whole puppet thing, which I don't think.

Both can be true that she was being overworked during the ITZ era, and that she had the most creative input then as well.

Ahh thanks for clarifying, had it mixed up. :uknowit: it just doesn't make sense to remark that Britney never wanted her career based on some isolated cases and observations.

but yeah, ITZ was the most overworked she has ever been. And that attitude of not wanting to finish Everytime video perhaps translated to the Outrageous video wherein she injured herself and instead of completing it after recovery decided to cancel everything all together.

8 hours ago, ShowdownITZ said:

While we are at it, can someone explain to me why she gets up at the end of the Everytime video? :calculating:

i don't think there is meaning to it nor adds anything to the story. it's just added to give a dark video a lighter ending eventho it makes no sense. you should just consider it meaningless. never understood why her team never wants her to go too dark and controversial like that. god forbid she actually does some adult **** in her career...

Archived