Graffiti My soul unreleased demo

everybodygoesdown

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Mc54 said:

This wasn't a demo from Girls Aloud. It was offered to Britney for ITZ, declined, and they recorded it for their What Will the Neighbours Say? album (2004).

They also included it on TEN, their last greatest hits album on the 2nd disc of "fan favorites".

Britney did record her own version though. Cheryl even talked about listening to her demo saying she sung it with a "weird tone".

32 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Yep, we knew! There's also a song called Top Billing Love that was renamed to Chocolate Love and was released by two Korean girl groups.

Wait, what? f(x)'s song was Britney's first? :triggered:

Also, why 2 korean girl groups? Is there another one who covered f(x)'s version?

13 minutes ago, CJMCH said:

Wait, what? f(x)'s song was Britney's first? :triggered:

Also, why 2 korean girl groups? Is there another one who covered f(x)'s version?

Yep!

https://www.theguardian.com/media/organgrinder/2011/apr/20/k-pop-south-korea-music-market

The song Top Billing Love – written by Karen Poole, Bloodshy and Avant, responsible for hits for artists like Kylie and Britney – almost made it onto a Britney Spears album in 2002. SME did a deal with mobile phone manufacturer LG and its biggest girl groups, Girls' Generation and FX, did a version each of the song, calling it Chocolate Love, since LG were launching a new brown phone.

It's funny you mention this because Xenomania tweeted about Britney's version the other day.

Cheryl and Nadine both confirmed they heard her version too.

I'm a big Girls Aloud fan and Graffiti My Soul is one of their best songs and I would love to hear Britney's version even if it seems unlikely :crying2: 

12 minutes ago, Isla. said:

It's funny you mention this because Xenomania tweeted about Britney's version the other day.

Cheryl and Nadine both confirmed they heard her version too.

I'm a big Girls Aloud fan and Graffiti My Soul is one of their best songs and I would love to hear Britney's version even if it seems unlikely :crying2: 

Ugh these people are the worst. If Michelle Bell can leak vocals she doesn't own, why can't he? It's a no1curr demo from 2003. :triggered:

22 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Ugh these people are the worst. If Michelle Bell can leak vocals she doesn't own, why can't he? It's a no1curr demo from 2003. :triggered:

Exactly lol, but tbh Xenomania have always been really protective over unreleased stuff. I mean none of Girls Aloud's unreleased material has ever leaked. It sucks because I don't really see the problem with sharing it, it's old and is not gonna cause any problems afaia, and would please the fans.

53 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

lol and the we knew this. The song its name is even mentioned on wikipedia lol. We knew about Graffiti My Soul yet he acts like nobody knew...I feel like he is in need of attention

3 hours ago, Isla. said:

Exactly lol, but tbh Xenomania have always been really protective over unreleased stuff. I mean none of Girls Aloud's unreleased material has ever leaked. It sucks because I don't really see the problem with sharing it, it's old and is not gonna cause any problems afaia, and would please the fans.

3 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

The difference here is that Michelle actually has some sort of rights on those tracks cuz they're like first drafts/demos that she worked on and can distribute them in some sort of way if she's not making a profit from it or just for "promotional purposes".

Also... It's time for the :slayney: B ARMY to contact  Xenomania. 

5 minutes ago, CJMCH said:

The difference here is that Michelle actually has some sort of rights on those tracks cuz they're like first drafts/demos that she worked on and can distribute them in some sort of way if she's not making a profit from it or just for "promotional purposes".

But she was ordered by RCA to stop after MLH. Then she leaked Conscious and left until the other month where she leaked Take Off. :orangu: 

23 minutes ago, CJMCH said:

I do remember in 2012 though after she leaked Money Love and Happiness she said she was told to 'stop'... I'm not sure what happened to that because a few years later she leaked Conscience and now Take Off...

Xenomania already had a flood of tweets on monday from fans asking for them to leak Britney's Graffiti My Soul but they're not budging :moorangu: 

its strange how girls aloud didn't reach a wider audience. easily one of the better pop girl groups. its funny the likes of fifth harmony & spice girls had major success while girls aloud were slept on. i loved them as a kid. although graffiti my soul is a **** song, brave new girl is a big enough stain on the album tracklist :tiffcackle: 

1 hour ago, Isla. said:

I do remember in 2012 though after she leaked Money Love and Happiness she said she was told to 'stop'... I'm not sure what happened to that because a few years later she leaked Conscience and now Take Off...

Xenomania already had a flood of tweets on monday from fans asking for them to leak Britney's Graffiti My Soul but they're not budging :moorangu: 

2 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

But she was ordered by RCA to stop after MLH. Then she leaked Conscious and left until the other month where she leaked Take Off. :orangu: 

I don't know, but that "they told me to stop" sounds fishy. If they really told her to stop, she couldn't have leaked Conscious and Take Off.

I think she was just saving the rest for later.

Archived