Britney's sales are not as bad as you may think!

jamesedward94

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

She never broke the record but she tried and failed

She got 3 albums who sold a million in a week. Almost broke the record while being 8 years into her career. Now its been 11 years since her debut and I dont have any doubts that she wont make it.

Just my thoughts after you came for Taylor.

8 minutes ago, Sokka said:

She got 3 albums who sold a million in a week. Almost broke the record while being 8 years into her career. Now its been 11 years since her debut and I dont have any doubts that she wont make it.

Well, Adele already broke the record, and Taylor won't outsell her so :orangu:

Just now, BoyToySoldier said:

Well, Adele already broke the record, and Taylor won't outsell her so :orangu:

Adele was the other only artist who could break it lol and Taylor won't outsell her lol. 1989 reached recently after almost 3 years 10 million album sales :moorangu: So if she is releasing an album this year, it will sell 10 million in 2020 :moorangu:

1 minute ago, Sokka said:

Adele was the other only artist who could break it lol and Taylor won't outsell her lol. 1989 reached recently after almost 3 years 10 million album sales :moorangu: So if she is releasing an album this year, it will sell 10 million in 2020 :moorangu:

I really don't think she might sell as much this time. Remember that million isn't only her core fanbase, she has a lot of GP support that's been damaged with the whole Katy and Kanye thing recently. She doesn't have much of a favorable view anymore so it's all key in how she plays her cards this era.

1 hour ago, Sokka said:

Like I said, she tried to break the record and failed

We have to see how the public still responding to Taylor music.

Remember the scene is constantly changing

What was hot once can quickly become not hot

3 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

They don't pass out residencies to just anybody

She does well on tour, does not mean she will do well in Vegas

A vegas residency is different from a tour

People can go to a show on a tour if it comes to your city or state or nearby states

People have to be willing to invest time and money to go to a show in Vegas and Britney has shown that she has lots of folks who would do that

I don't know if they would do that for taylor

That makes no sense but okay. 

1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I really don't think she might sell as much this time. Remember that million isn't only her core fanbase, she has a lot of GP support that's been damaged with the whole Katy and Kanye thing recently. She doesn't have much of a favorable view anymore so it's all key in how she plays her cards this era.

I thought the same for her last album and she proved me wrong. 

I don't see her having a bigger era than Red and she did with 1989. I think she is gonna go country again. It's popular and they Stan hard. 

Her team is impressive 

4 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Why would Taylor Swift even want a Vegas residency? She hasn't peaked (as of yet, let's wait until her new era does) and she's making money touring, selling out arenas / stadiums.

Thank you.

Y'all are so quick to forget how Vegas residencies aren't really..... They signify that you're all washed up, okay. Period. Maybe Britney changed that stigma a little, but it still is in place.

30 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

Thank you.

Y'all are so quick to forget how Vegas residencies aren't really..... They signify that you're all washed up, okay. Period. Maybe Britney changed that stigma a little, but it still is in place.

Exactly, lol. Being stuck in Vegas for 4 years isn’t really something to be proud of, when you could be out touring, making more money, and reaching a larger audience. People usually go Vegas when they’re on the decline and they have no choice.

9 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

Exactly, lol. Being stuck in Vegas for 4 years isn’t really something to be proud of, when you could be out touring, making more money, and reaching a larger audience. People usually go Vegas when they’re on the decline and they have no choice.

:mhm: I remember when it was first announced, the first images that popped into my head were of Elvis and Tom Jones. Wasn't the announcement of the residency around the same time Jordan made BH a general pop forum, too? So we were all thinking it.

3 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I agree with you. That did a lot of damage to her and I hope she will still be able to sell lol.

2 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Like I said, she tried to break the record and failed

We have to see how the public still responding to Taylor music.

Remember the scene is constantly changing

What was hot once can quickly become not hot

Yeah I know. She was really close tho. 

Well I Dont Want To Live FOrever proved to me that she's still hot (like you said). 

4 hours ago, danny1994 said:

Vegas is where Britney wants to be

It was a choice for Britney 

5 hours ago, fucknfurter said:

Thank you.

Britney still has singles charting high on the hot 100 and itunes.

Her sales aren't really the issue. When Beyonce saw how her label mishandled the 4 era, she took it upon herself to rebuild her career and make moves that would cement her legacy. Britney saw the same thing happening and she did nothing. The GP remembers her past but what about current Britney? She hasn't done anything interesting or even controversial to make people notice her again. If she released another strong album with the visuals to match and performances then it would be different and we wouldn't be discussing sales because she would be giving it her all. It's really pathetic that we don't even get a true era anymore. 

Archived