Why is Blackout so damn good?

kutayuysaler

It's because it's a modern classic. Every song still holds up today. I've recently been watching reaction videos on YouTube and each listener, from all walks of life PRAISE the album for how it sounds current.

Every song is amazing and they somehow get better with each listen.

My all-time favorite Britney track is Break the Ice. The layers, her voice weaving through the beat and Keri Hilson's backing vocals. The simple message and stellar lyrics. ALL.PURE.MAGIC.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Holy Spearit said:

In The Zone is better :staysalty:

2 hours ago, Yukisenpi28 said:

Get Naked :cinderellaney:

But I second I like In The Zone more:snapney:

IDK why ITZ lovers always have to come to the Blackout tread and start proclaiming their love for ITZ... the title says WHY IS BLACKOUT SO DAMN GOOD? not POST ABOUT HOW IN THE ZONE IS BETTER :whitney:

It's a bit overrated among this fanbase but in general is so great. The fact she didn't include (or didnt want to) any ballad while having her most struggling time in life is so ironic that even in that state she could make such a pleasing album. Maybe it is due to the time frame it was made, even when it was released in late 07 the making started waaay before in 2006 when she was still pregnat and ofc, as we know she didn't have her stupid incompetent team over her telling what to include or not. 

2 hours ago, 3isacharm said:

IDK why ITZ lovers always have to come to the Blackout tread and start proclaiming their love for ITZ... the title says WHY IS BLACKOUT SO DAMN GOOD? not POST ABOUT HOW IN THE ZONE IS BETTER :whitney:

I didn't say it was better I just prefer it.  Trying to be all cute and cheeky with me :rihclap:

I feel like Britney's music used to sound so original. You could tell her music apart from other artists in the industry. 

ITZ & Blackout had such a unique sound. With FF they went the "popular" and "most current" direction. Pop Hits from early 2010s sounded all the same. And Brit's music sounded just like the stuff at that time. 

BJ was not even current and not in Brit's old style. It was just bad. -> will.i.am produciton

Glory again - they went a more current direction again & to me it was a solid, really really good pop album (you can tell it had the same writers as Selena's "Revival" album which I also really enjoyed) I really have almost no complains about Glory - it's just the fact that that original "Britney spark" is missing. 

Let's hope she gets more creative control over B10 - but I doubt it. She's over it. 

59 minutes ago, OopsOverprotected said:

I feel like Britney's music used to sound so original. You could tell her music apart from other artists in the industry. 

ITZ & Blackout had such a unique sound. With FF they went the "popular" and "most current" direction. Pop Hits from early 2010s sounded all the same. And Brit's music sounded just like the stuff at that time. 

BJ was not even current and not in Brit's old style. It was just bad. -> will.i.am produciton

Glory again - they went a more current direction again & to me it was a solid, really really good pop album (you can tell it had the same writers as Selena's "Revival" album which I also really enjoyed) I really have almost no complains about Glory - it's just the fact that that original "Britney spark" is missing. 

Let's hope she gets more creative control over B10 - but I doubt it. She's over it. 

Everything on BJ, she did it with Blackout already, so boring, but Blackout was futuristic, so... :outwithit:

With Femme Fatale i feel they just did cute popsongs and extend her **** image even more, but at that time everyone was glad that it didn't sound like a Gaga record.

With Glory she finally got at least some more urban tracks, but she could be the first but her recordcompany doesn't know anything :triggered:

5 hours ago, Seductive said:

Blackout is better than In the Zone. You are a liar if you say you haven't listened to the album tracks of Blackout more than the album tracks of In The Zone. :lemmetellu:

:notatall: I love Blackout, and BTI will always be my favorite Britney track, but ITZ > Blackout.

Why do we even have to make it a competition between the two albums, anyway? Both are stellar. This thread is BO based, so let it shine: but don't spit on one or the other.

I (for some stupid reason) never listened to 'Outta this world' before yesterday, and now it's one of my favourite songs. Plus I've been listening to some unreleased tracks, like the flawless 'State of Grace'. I wish some of these songs would have made it o to the final album, but it's not a big deal as the finished album is incredible anyway. Something about the darker pop sound, with the kerri hilson/danja influence creating a particular, bloody good sound :lemmetellu:

5 hours ago, camerasareflashin' said:

Danja :arianabye:  He invented the it's britney ***** :scalped:

No you must be mistaken, it was Will.I.Destroy, Britney even said it herself. Educate yourself please on pop culture hunny... :flawlessbye:

Jk gimme more >>>>>> Scream and Shout 

Archived