I'm over albums at this point

Exaholic

8 minutes ago, "I always sing live!" said:

That was just a facade to cover up her label pushing her for an album to promote POM when she wasn't ready to release one. At least that's my assumption, what artist would let something like BJ happen if they weren't super over it? :dontlike:

But it would've worked better as an EP, straight off the back of Scream & Shout.

1. Work *****
2. Perfume
3. It Should Be Easy
4. Alien
5. Don't Cry
6. Brightest Morning Star
7. Hold On Tight

I mean everything else either sounded unfinished, rushed or was pretty much Myah Marie feat. Britney Spears...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, No Seas Cortés said:

But it would've worked better as an EP, straight off the back of Scream & Shout.

1. Work *****
2. Perfume
3. It Should Be Easy
4. Alien
5. Don't Cry
6. Brightest Morning Star

I mean everything else either sounded unfinished, rushed or was pretty much Myah Marie feat. Britney Spears...

u not including the best song of Brenda juanita.... :wyd:

where's Hold On Tight :girlwhat:

You're kind of forgetting what goes into creating a "hit" single... It takes the exact amount of months of recording and sorting through demos, writing, etc... It's not like Britney is hand-delivered the "big" songs anymore like someone like Rihanna.

Plus, you really have to absolutely land a fire-hit if you're only releasing singles. If you don't like a song (Pretty Girls, Ooh La La, anyone???) then you as a fan are completely dissatisfied and it could lead you to losing interest in Britney fast. Plus, Britney's best tracks are usually album tracks. 

The problem moreover is Britney's lack of promotion, lack of single/video releases, and not actually having a proper "era" 

Just now, Streets said:

The problem moreover is Britney's lack of promotion, lack of single/video releases, and not actually having a proper "era" 

Indeed. An era needs more that 2 videos and 3 live performances to support it.

I still stand by my initial point though. I think when the material was as strong as it was in Glory - it could have easily been spread across a few EP's over the year.

Just now, ShowdownITZ said:

:lemmetellu: Don't come for 3. That song taught me what threesomes were.

She looked good in the video but that's really it :tiffcackle: its a mess that I used to bop to at 12 with no idea what it meant :weusay: it was after I read the wiki page I was like :calculating: ahh good times :tiffcackle:

1 minute ago, Shadow. said:

She looked good in the video but that's really it :tiffcackle: its a mess that I used to bop to at 12 with no idea what it meant :weusay: it was after I read the wiki page I was like :calculating: ahh good times :tiffcackle:

You were 12, ***** I was 7 bopping along to a song about threesomes. :hipney: I still love it tho. 

2 hours ago, No Seas Cortés said:

Think of it though...

If she'd broke up the release of Glory into 2 or 3 EPS and released 2 tracks from each one... we could have got more singles and the material would have had a longer impact on the music industry. 

Glory definitely had the potential to have more hits than just 2 singles, but releasing all your new material all at once isn't a smart move anymore...

You're assuming she's going to release 2 singles off a what 6-8 track ep when she only releases 2 singles off a full 12 track lp (twice now)? Be realistic. It's Britney, she doesn't want to.

I take an album with 12+ new songs anyday over a single.. i dont really care about the singles anyway as long as i get a new album. :donewithit:

(ofc its a shame when many great songs dont become singles but its not the end of the world, we still have an amazing album)

Archived