Jump to content

New BreatheHeavy live stream TODAY at 3:30 pm PT

One-click subscribe to our YouTube channel!

I'm over albums at this point


Exaholic

Recommended Posts

Seriously... what's the point of spending 12-18 months recording a whole album of new tracks to release just 2 fuking singles?

This has happened with BJ and now Glory.

 

I'm over albums. She needs to drop a new single or EP every few months from now on...

Link to comment
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think demanding it every few months from now on is a little... much. Not just for the legendary Miss Britney Spears. 

But I agree with your first statement. As an artist who loves what I do I don't see this being very rewarding to me either.

But Britney hasn't loved what she does in a very long time. She's grateful for what she does, but she clearly does not love it. 

:foh:

Link to comment
Just now, mauureee said:

I kinda agree, but only if those songs released were truly single material :girlwhat:

 

 

3 minutes ago, Ooh Ooh Baby said:

I think demanding it every few months from now on is a little... much. Not just for the legendary Miss Britney Spears. 

But I agree with your first statement. As an artist who loves what I do I don't see this being very rewarding to me either.

But Britney hasn't loved what she does in a very long time. She's grateful for what she does, but she clearly does not love it. 

:foh:

Think of it though...

If she'd broke up the release of Glory into 2 or 3 EPS and released 2 tracks from each one... we could have got more singles and the material would have had a longer impact on the music industry. 

Glory definitely had the potential to have more hits than just 2 singles, but releasing all your new material all at once isn't a smart move anymore...

Link to comment
1 minute ago, No Seas Cortés said:

Glory definitely had the potential to have more hits than just 2 singles, but releasing all your new material all at once isn't a smart move anymore...

Please, the only the reason you are 'over albums' is because she didn't deliver era wise, if she had a worldwide success with 4 or 5 singles with proper video treatment would you have been saying "uh im soo over albums" then?  :whitney:

Link to comment
Just now, Shadow. said:

Please, the only the reason you are 'over albums' is because she didn't deliver era wise, if she had a worldwide success with 4 or 5 singles with proper video treatment would you have been saying "uh im soo over albums" then?  :whitney:

She hasn't delivered promo-wise since Circus though...

So YEAH.

I'm officially over albums now.

If she can't be bothered doing promo the only other thing I can think is 2 or 3 EP's released across the year which would create hype just because they're new and people would be ineterested in hearing new material...

Link to comment

I am on the fence about this one.  

I don't agree, because I am old school and love the anticipation of wondering what single is going to be next and the visuals that are going to come out of it.

On the flip side,  because we are in an age of instant gratification, she is spending a year recording music that sounded new and fresh....at that time..... and when it is released a year later, it sounds old and dated.  

One Republic was really smart with this in saying that they are not doing albums anymore and just releasing music when it is done and when they want to. 

Link to comment
Just now, No Seas Cortés said:

She hasn't delivered promo-wise since Circus though...

So YEAH.

I'm officially over albums now.

If she can't be bothered doing promo the only other thing I can think is 2 or 3 EP's released across the year which would create hype just because they're new and people would be ineterested in hearing new material...

You didn't answer my question :whitney: IF she delivered promo wise you still wouldn't be here for albums? :whitney: 

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, No Seas Cortés said:

She hasn't delivered promo-wise since Circus though...

So YEAH.

I'm officially over albums now.

If she can't be bothered doing promo the only other thing I can think is 2 or 3 EP's released across the year which would create hype just because they're new and people would be ineterested in hearing new material...

And what promo did she do for Circus? GMA and a skit on Ellen? Let's be honest For The Record WAS the promo and fans ended up complaining about the tour...but then it became a "good era" when FF and BJ came along. Let's be honest with ourselves, we haven't had it good since 2003.

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

You didn't answer my question :whitney: IF she delivered promo wise you still wouldn't be here for albums? :whitney: 

Maybe she could have convinced me albums were still a good idea if she had delivered with more promo and releases from Glory, but she didn't. And i don't think she ever really intended to or intends to with future releases.

I actually thought BJ would have worked better as an EP back then too because most of the tracks were so weak. I'd rather have a small album of standout tracks than anymore sub-par full-length albums. Glory was an exception, but Britney Jean was awful.

Link to comment
Guest Edge Of Clockin' You

I see what you mean but eithout albums things would be even more boring. Albums are what keep us somewhat entertained AS BRITNEY FANS until the next era...

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, "I always sing live!" said:

giphy.gif

Nah, nah, nah!!! Flip this around! The real conversation should be: I'm over singles because they don't chart well, what's the point of releasing singles if they're gonna flop anyway. She should focus on real music for the fans or just retire if that's what she feels like!

But her attempt at REAL music for the fans was BRITNEY JEAN.... :gross: 

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, No Seas Cortés said:

But her attempt at REAL music for the fans was BRITNEY JEAN.... :gross: 

That was just a facade to cover up her label pushing her for an album to promote POM when she wasn't ready to release one. At least that's my assumption, what artist would let something like BJ happen if they weren't super over it? :dontlike:

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block