Larry Rudolph ~ The VHS Of Pop Music

17 hours ago, fucknfurter said:

:squintney: Larry blame is few and far between these days; I think I've seen two threads in the last couple of days compared to the other twenty holding Britney accountable in the last couple of weeks. If this was still back in fall of 2016, sure, but at this point, these threads are rarer. There's been this one and the one telling him to retire, and it's obvious at this point where (or should I say who?) the issue lies. With Larry, most just agree that he was still willing to put all of his eggs into the nostalgia act basket.

At 20 years isn't that what happens to most mainstream successful acts? Typically they play the hits and maybe a few fresh cuts from a new album and do minimal promo for the new album. I couldn't care less if it's an "nostalgia act" if she gave us some form of live vocals and better dancing. 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Britneysfreak said:

At 20 years isn't that what happens to most mainstream successful acts? Typically they play the hits and maybe a few fresh cuts from a new album and do minimal promo for the new album. I couldn't care less if it's an "nostalgia act" if she gave us some form of live vocals and better dancing. 

Am I expected to come up with a rebuttal? I don't disagree, but this has little to do with my point. If you're happy with everything Larry's done or hasn't done, that's great. 

1 hour ago, fucknfurter said:

Am I expected to come up with a rebuttal? I don't disagree, but this has little to do with my point. If you're happy with everything Larry's done or hasn't done, that's great. 

I suppose so since this is a topic we are discussing. I'm not trying to be combative and I do think you're a sensible member and major props for your avatar but I just don't think Larry shoulders the blame that a lot of fans think he should whether we're talking last year or today. I'm never satisfied 100% with anything but who complained during the first four eras? Is it not a coincidence that the ship has veered off course a bit since 2007? Can't blame Larry for that or trying to rebrand Britney. Don't get me wrong, I have certain misgivings about Larry, the man isn't a saint and there's things that have made me scratch my head about him and her management as a whole but at this point he knows her and her family and she feels comfortable with him and I'll forever be grateful for his efforts to bring Britney to me and the world in the first place.

4 hours ago, Britneysfreak said:

I suppose so since this is a topic we are discussing. I'm not trying to be combative and I do think you're a sensible member and major props for your avatar but I just don't think Larry shoulders the blame that a lot of fans think he should whether we're talking last year or today. I'm never satisfied 100% with anything but who complained during the first four eras? Is it not a coincidence that the ship has veered off course a bit since 2007? Can't blame Larry for that or trying to rebrand Britney. Don't get me wrong, I have certain misgivings about Larry, the man isn't a saint and there's things that have made me scratch my head about him and her management as a whole but at this point he knows her and her family and she feels comfortable with him and I'll forever be grateful for his efforts to bring Britney to me and the world in the first place.

I was mostly trying to figure out where you stood as a fan so I could figure out how to respond, so fair. The way I see it, Britney has proven -- even as recently as yesterday, lol -- that she is at fault for the biggest issues that I personally have. But you're right, Larry does get a lot of the burdens of what goes wrong, as does Charm and the other choreographers, the seamstresses, the sound engineers, etc etc, and it's been unraveling here in recent months that it all boils down to being the decisions Britney is choosing to make and no one else. A lot of people can't fathom actually blaming Britney herself, however; how could their idol/favorite willingly make such poor decisions? So it is scapegoating. It's not right, but it's what happens here a lot. At this point I realize who's manning the ship, but I can't be shocked that some still try to point the finger at him. I do still say he works best when there's a co-manager involved, however.

(And thank you for the compliment on Kiefer/David. :giggleney: )

One thing they could have done was let her tweet (circus era) and use instagram (2012) on her own and honestly she wouldn't be so out of the loop and would have a much bigger following. She has tons of amazing photos. She is a thing, she can do it. It is and will be much harder now. But I'm saying. Could have, would have, should have...missed chances.

Archived