Britney Spears Reflects On Her Massive Superstardom In Revealing Interview With Israeli Newspaper

Jordan Miller

18 hours ago, Streets said:

Did we literally just get her most revealing interview in an Israeli newspaper phone interview :dead:

This makes For the Record seem like an Ellen Interview :dead:

it wasn't a phone interview...

Here is a picture of the writer with Brit after the interview:

19390850_1446875402025028_20275190369453

nice try tho.

she is just more down to earth when it comes to press interviews, without cameras and stuff... she seems more comfortable which is perfectly normal. there are a lot of press interviews for newspapers or online written media that she is more revealing than on TV interviews, tbh.

ANYWAY, LET'S JUST APPRECIATE THIS BEAUTIFUL HUMAN BEING. SHE GAVE A GREAT INTERVIEW AND SHE LOOKS A W E S O M E in that picture!!! :queenriri:

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't say that her iconic ideas weren't her ideas; what I got out of that part was that she was so into her career that she always wanted to do what was best and fed into the pressure of having to always please and keep people guessing, etc. Hence why she said she felt she needed to take more breaks during that time. 

• Super Mods
40 minutes ago, LBoggie said:

I wouldn't say that her iconic ideas weren't her ideas; what I got out of that part was that she was so into her career that she always wanted to do what was best and fed into the pressure of having to always please and keep people guessing, etc. Hence why she said she felt she needed to take more breaks during that time. 

That's what I got out of it and that's why she hates doing promo now because that's all she did in her prime when she wasn't performing or recording. I think she kept the stress bottled in.

I have mixed feelings about this interview...some things seem a little bit "fake" in a sense that it seems that Britney is trying to convince herself of some things...it seems that she's talking to herself and not the fans...in a way that makes her feel that she's a different person of the one that led her to the breakdown...

What I'm trying to say is: it's like she's distancing herself from that girl that she was in the beginning (from baby to ITZ), because she blames her personality at the time...it seems that she thinks she was too weak (that's why she said that she tried to please everybody) and  because of that she made the wrong moves, because she was trying to please everyone...so in that way it's easier to accept and contextualize her mistakes...Obviously she's not exactly the same (that's impossible) but it's hard to understand how come she changed so much!!

When, actually, seems that everything went down hill because she started to not listen to those exact same people...which is something harder to accept...so in the end, in order to cope with these mistakes, she condemns her younger self instead of her older self...

She was much more adult during Britney era than she was during 2005 for example, and 2005 was when she started to rebel against people...so i don't believe when she says things like she is too hard on herself, or that she was too naive without knowing wrong from right...I think she just convinced herself in 2005 that being right all the time was too hard, and she decided to "live a little" and allow herself on being less strict...she was actually in a good path, she just wanted to explore another kind of path (which is totally legit and understandable)...but I think it's a bit to extreme to reject her younger self in the way she seems to be doing...that's why she looks a totally different person nowadays (it's a way of saying to herself that she's not like that anymore)

Rejecting ideas like the VMA's 2001, it's another way of saying to herself that those things were errors, because they led her to the life that she wishes she didn't have now, which is a level of fame that she wishes that could stop (that's why she says it's a constant thought on her mind going out in a street like a normal person)

By saying this I'm not trying to say that I know everything in her personal life, or that I know what she's thinking, it's something that came to my mind, when I read this interview...I don't think that she's sad (like 2007 sad) but I think that she's not as happy as I was thinking she was...I think that she found mechanisms of copping with her situation, and that she's pretty content with everything, because she has balance in her life, and a lot of moments of joy and relaxation...but I don't think she found her true happiness yet...because I think she's still denying a part of her life and personality that existed and that it's part of her...accepting is not a synonym of being like that, it's a way of knowing herself truly (which I think she tries to pass that image, but I don't fell that she's there yet)

*Ready for the down votes* 

3 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

Every celebrity does and has done commercials for random ****. How is a Pepsi  commercial better than Oreo??  Both are major brands and pay a lot of money.  Why is it ok For Celebrities to do Shampoo, sweets, clothing or drink commercials but Oreo is so ******* aweful?? The only answer is because its Christina and you hate her.

No hate for Christina, but her public life in a nutshell for the last 10 years has been The Voice and Oreos. That's where they're coming from. I wish all the best for her and for an actual solid album this time, but she isn't instilling confidence in anyone.

And I don't know why y'all so hung up over the VMAs 2001 comment. When you grow up, you grow wiser. Was it really responsible to bring an alive snake over to a shiny stage and a screaming crowd that could've easily triggered the snake? Lol no. Was it iconic and she's probably glad she took the risk? Very likely yes. Was it wise? Nope.

42 minutes ago, paula24bs said:

I have mixed feelings about this interview...some things seem a little bit "fake" in a sense that it seems that Britney is trying to convince herself of some things...it seems that she's talking to herself and not the fans...in a way that makes her feel that she's a different person of the one that led her to the breakdown...

What I'm trying to say is: it's like she's distancing herself from that girl that she was in the beginning (from baby to ITZ), because she blames her personality at the time...it seems that she thinks she was too weak (that's why she said that she tried to please everybody) and  because of that she made the wrong moves, because she was trying to please everyone...so in that way it's easier to accept and contextualize her mistakes...Obviously she's not exactly the same (that's impossible) but it's hard to understand how come she changed so much!!

When, actually, seems that everything went down hill because she started to not listen to those exact same people...which is something harder to accept...so in the end, in order to cope with these mistakes, she condemns her younger self instead of her older self...

She was much more adult during Britney era than she was during 2005 for example, and 2005 was when she started to rebel against people...so i don't believe when she says things like she is too hard on herself, or that she was too naive without knowing wrong from right...I think she just convinced herself in 2005 that being right all the time was too hard, and she decided to "live a little" and allow herself on being less strict...she was actually in a good path, she just wanted to explore another kind of path (which is totally legit and understandable)...but I think it's a bit to extreme to reject her younger self in the way she seems to be doing...that's why she looks a totally different person nowadays (it's a way of saying to herself that she's not like that anymore)

Rejecting ideas like the VMA's 2001, it's another way of saying to herself that those things were errors, because they led her to the life that she wishes she didn't have now, which is a level of fame that she wishes that could stop (that's why she says it's a constant thought on her mind going out in a street like a normal person)

By saying this I'm not trying to say that I know everything in her personal life, or that I know what she's thinking, it's something that came to my mind, when I read this interview...I don't think that she's sad (like 2007 sad) but I think that she's not as happy as I was thinking she was...I think that she found mechanisms of copping with her situation, and that she's pretty content with everything, because she has balance in her life, and a lot of moments of joy and relaxation...but I don't think she found her true happiness yet...because I think she's still denying a part of her life and personality that existed and that it's part of her...accepting is not a synonym of being like that, it's a way of knowing herself truly (which I think she tries to pass that image, but I don't fell that she's there yet)

*Ready for the down votes* 

I get your point but I actually believe that a 20-year-old girl with no kids will never have the same outlook as a mid 30's mother of 2. I think she's desperately trying to tell us that we shouldn't expect the same things from her all over again but what I get is that her music should also evolve in this direction if that's how she really feels. I love "Glory" but when on one side she's saying "I used to be cool but now I'm a mom so I wouldn't make the same choices" and she records songs like "Do you want to come over?" and releases videos like "Slumber Party" we as fans definitely get mixed signals. I think she tried to express her "new" self through "Britney Jean" but the communication and promo were mediocre, and the album was all over the place. 

I actually feel like her team doesn't let her be productive and really express herself today through her music, she's just a money-making machine for them and they don't even care about how the public receives everything, if her team cared that much about the public, they would make her re-record the vocals for songs like "Crazy" and "Stronger" and much other stuff actually. 

1 minute ago, Chris88 said:

I get your point but I actually believe that a 20-year-old girl with no kids will never have the same outlook as a mid 30's mother of 2. I think she's desperately trying to tell us that we shouldn't expect the same things from her all over again but what I get is that her music should also evolve in this direction if that's how she really feels. I love "Glory" but when on one side she's saying "I used to be cool but now I'm a mom so I wouldn't make the same choices" and she records songs like "Do you want to come over?" and releases videos like "Slumber Party" we as fans definitely get mixed signals. I think she tried to express her "new" self through "Britney Jean" but the communication and promo were too just mediocre, and the album was all over the place. 

I actually feel like her team doesn't let her be productive and really express herself today through her music, she's just a money-making machine for them and they don't even care about how the public receives everything, if her team cared that much about the public, they would make her re-record the vocals for songs like "Crazy" and "Stronger" and much other stuff actually. 

This is what I feel too. I hope we get the album she really wants to do next time. I do appreciate Glory and the Slumber Party video was awesome, but yeah, it does not reflect Britney right now. Hell, not even Piece of Me reflects Britney right now and that explains a lot. I hope she finds solace in what represents Momney soon enough.

9 minutes ago, Applejack said:

This is what I feel too. I hope we get the album she really wants to do next time. I do appreciate Glory and the Slumber Party video was awesome, but yeah, it does not reflect Britney right now. Hell, not even Piece of Me reflects Britney right now and that explains a lot. I hope she finds solace in what represents Momney soon enough.

I hope too because when we think about "Baby Boy" which she never released or even listen to the message in "Mona Lisa", you know she has stuff inside that would be crazy if she let it out artistically. And the fact that she's in a good place now, I think the result would just be magical. I'm keeping my fingers crossed :brit:

20 hours ago, Chris88 said:

I get your point but I actually believe that a 20-year-old girl with no kids will never have the same outlook as a mid 30's mother of 2. I think she's desperately trying to tell us that we shouldn't expect the same things from her all over again but what I get is that her music should also evolve in this direction if that's how she really feels. I love "Glory" but when on one side she's saying "I used to be cool but now I'm a mom so I wouldn't make the same choices" and she records songs like "Do you want to come over?" and releases videos like "Slumber Party" we as fans definitely get mixed signals. I think she tried to express her "new" self through "Britney Jean" but the communication and promo were mediocre, and the album was all over the place. 

I know it sounds cliche, but I think Britney needs her Ray of a Light.

And what I mean by Ray of Light is an album that completely disconnects from her previous work and reflects what she feels in her current state in life. That is what Miley is currently doing this era and she seems way more happier than I've ever seen her. I feel like that might have been the original direction with Britney Jean, but either her label or her team brought on WIll.I.Am because of the S&S success and he completely changed the whole album to his own direction. Britney being a people pleaser might have just went along. Britney Jean feels like an album that doesn't know where it is going with several of songs that feel like they were picked from different albums and different artists which could easily represent the clashing of ideas on where the album was supposed to go. 

Glory may have not been the best of eras, but one positive we can take from it is that Britney is starting to fight for creative control over her work.

1 hour ago, Disney Princess said:

I know it sounds cliche, but I think Britney needs her Ray of a Light.

And what I mean by Ray of Light is an album that completely disconnects from her previous work and reflects what she feels in her current state in life. That is what Miley is currently doing this era and she seems way more happier than I've ever seen her. I feel like that might have been the original direction with Britney Jean, but either her label or her team brought on WIll.I.Am because of the S&S success and he completely changed the whole album to his own direction. Britney being a people pleaser might have just went along. Britney Jean feels like an album that doesn't know where it is going with several of songs that feel like they were picked from different albums and different artists which could easily represent the clashing of ideas on where the album was supposed to go. 

Glory may have not been the best of eras, but one positive we can take from it is that Britney is starting to fight for creative control over her work.

Couldn't have said it better honestly! :bparty: :carpoolney:That's what Original Doll was supposed to be at first and then Britney Jean in a whole different more mature way, but like you said Will.I.Am killed it, and even after Sia opened her mouth and shaded perfume (because everyone believes they can attack Britney for no reason). But yeah, I really hope we get to see her Ray Of Light!!!

This is a great interview.. I'd love for her to do a sit down interview with someone she trusts and talk about her past.. All her highs and lows.. I want it to be her choice though because it's honestly non of our business.. I wouldn't want her to do it if she's got an album or something to promote, I think that's tacky...Again, I'd love a tell all interview but only if she wants to do it..

"I think I was very different back then, younger, not always knowing what’s good or bad, very instinctive."

This statement is the very reason why she is and was loved so much.. she was very instinctive imo

I am not sure why she is kind of speaking of that like it's a negative thing now though.. 

Archived