"Circus" era was bigger than "Back to basics" era (album / singles sales, streaming numbers, touring stats, analysis revealed inside)

Dinirocal

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, sibode said:

YOU JUST CANNOT COMPARE 2006 SALES WITH 2008/9 ONES... 
Time changes... Facebook wasn't even famous in 2006 :verycool:

Also Britney did a pop album and was literally the most talked about person at the time because of her breakdown. Also B2B was more expensive because it was a double disc record and was a throwback album.. not everybody likes that. I was a fan back then but I was not here for that sound at the time. I dont think its fair to compare the two.

Just now, Dinirocal said:

Exactly, thats what makes "Circus" sales even more impressive :)

Exactly... As time goes by is every year more difficult to SELL albums... Music Industry is changing so much and people get bored more easily than the past,
so even BIG MUSIC STARS like Britney or Madonna have flop album/songs... 

See Lana Del Rey? She has been HUGE, but ppl got used to her and her new music is almost invisible

I swear this fanbase is beyond pathetic. Circus may have been a hit but she lost everything that made her special during that time and onwards. She lost most of her original fans because she lipsynched into oblivion and couldn't dance half as good as she used to.  Just because the album was a hit, doesn't mean it was good, especially when you compare it to Blackout. I know so many people including myself who stopped buying anything she released after Blackout because she seemed miserable as **** in FTR and we wanted her to go away and be normal. None of us wanted to contribute to her misery.

At least during 2007, people had hope that BRITNEY would return. Instead, the only thing she turned into was a miserable woman who was forced to go back into the studio instead of getting out of the spotlight. You're selfish and insecure for pitting her against Christina Aguilera. Both artists are successful and doing their own thing. Xtina might not be selling half as much as she used to but at least she didn't lose what made her unique. She still has her talent. She's clearly content with the way things are now, unlike britney who has been trying to become BRITNEY SPEARS for almost 10 years and failing. Most of her fanbase is suffering from high blood pressure from the constant disappointment that she's been bringing since 2009 as an artist.  That's why she's tanking so hard now. She's failing by BRITNEY standards! Remember Britney? The 2000's IT girl who even Prince William was interested in? Yeah! HER! Hell, not even her own fanbase can accept the britney they have now and this says A LOT coming from such a loyal fanbase!

Even a decade later, she still sucks as a performer and looks worse than she did on Circus performance wise and looks wise for most people. She destroyed everything that made her who she is. Get your head out of your ******* *** and stop coming for Christina and other artists who still have their talent. Britney lost her talent, the majority of her fanbase, the respect of other artists and the GP's support so shut the hell up and sit down! It's been 15+ years since their rivalry. The only reason why she has the fans that she has now is because people love her as a person. Everybody has been tiptoe-ing around Britney since her Breakdown and treating her like she's some gravely disabled child when she's not.

Everybody is keeping her in her happy bubble so she doesn't kick them in the curb and stop making money for them. Maybe if selfish people like you stopped buying what her ******* team made her put out, she would have gone away, healed emotionally and came back bigger and better than ever. Instead, nobody let this poor girl heal because her team couldn't stop milking her success because fans like you couldn't stop buying her stuff. You're a part of her demise as a performer so be quiet! Instead, she's destroying her legacy as we know it. People don't even remember Britney Spears who performer confidently in her raunchy Onyx Hotel Tour anymore, they only the miserable looking Britney in FTR.

Ps: Circus wasn't even a good album. It had a few good songs but compared to ITZ, Blackout and even Britney, it was underwhelming as hell. Not to mention how the only reason why it sold well was because the public felt sorry for her after how they treated her. Hence why she won so many awards for POM at the VMA'S

3 hours ago, sibode said:

Exactly... As time goes by is every year more difficult to SELL albums... Music Industry is changing so much and people get bored more easily than the past,
so even BIG MUSIC STARS like Britney or Madonna have flop album/songs... 

See Lana Del Rey? She has been HUGE, but ppl got used to her and her new music is almost invisible

Exactly each year sales decline. 

-

LOL someone got butthurt. 

59 minutes ago, Daniella said:

I swear this fanbase is beyond pathetic. Circus may have been a hit but she lost everything that made her special during that time and onwards. She lost most of her original fans because she lipsynched into oblivion and couldn't dance half as good as she used to.  Just because the album was a hit, doesn't mean it was good, especially when you compare it to Blackout. I know so many people including myself who stopped buying anything she released after Blackout because she seemed miserable as **** in FTR and we wanted her to go away and be normal. None of us wanted to contribute to her misery.

At least during 2007, people had hope that BRITNEY would return. Instead, the only thing she turned into was a miserable woman who was forced to go back into the studio instead of getting out of the spotlight. You're selfish and insecure for pitting her against Christina Aguilera. Both artists are successful and doing their own thing. Xtina might not be selling half as much as she used to but at least she didn't lose what made her unique. She still has her talent. She's clearly content with the way things are now, unlike britney who has been trying to become BRITNEY SPEARS for almost 10 years and failing. Most of her fanbase is suffering from high blood pressure from the constant disappointment that she's been bringing since 2009 as an artist.  That's why she's tanking so hard now. She's failing by BRITNEY standards! Remember Britney? The 2000's IT girl who even Prince William was interested in? Yeah! HER! Hell, not even her own fanbase can accept the britney they have now and this says A LOT coming from such a loyal fanbase!

Even a decade later, she still sucks as a performer and looks worse than she did on Circus performance wise and looks wise for most people. She destroyed everything that made her who she is. Get your head out of your ******* *** and stop coming for Christina and other artists who still have their talent. Britney lost her talent, the majority of her fanbase, the respect of other artists and the GP's support so shut the hell up and sit down! It's been 15+ years since their rivalry. The only reason why she has the fans that she has now is because people love her as a person. Everybody has been tiptoe-ing around Britney since her Breakdown and treating her like she's some gravely disabled child when she's not.

Everybody is keeping her in her happy bubble so she doesn't kick them in the curb and stop making money for them. Maybe if selfish people like you stopped buying what her ******* team made her put out, she would have gone away, healed emotionally and came back bigger and better than ever. Instead, nobody let this poor girl heal because her team couldn't stop milking her success because fans like you couldn't stop buying her stuff. You're a part of her demise as a performer so be quiet! Instead, she's destroying her legacy as we know it. People don't even remember Britney Spears who performer confidently in her raunchy Onyx Hotel Tour anymore, they only the miserable looking Britney in FTR.

Ps: Circus wasn't even a good album. It had a few good songs but compared to ITZ, Blackout and even Britney, it was underwhelming as hell. Not to mention how the only reason why it sold well was because the public felt sorry for her after how they treated her. Hence why she won so many awards for POM at the VMA'S

tumblr_llms9x4lvo1qz9npg.gif

And I agree with you when you said that Xtina still has her talent. Post-2007ney without pulling big numbers is nothing.

Beyoncé's 4

LOL at Xtina having her talent intact. In which planet do some people live? 

Christina is probably as much or even more washed up than Britney is these days. All of those creative struggles, inconsistent looks, terrible campaigns, lazyness, flops, horrible Lotus performances and quality decline Xtina has been facing for the last 10 years are light years far away from the hardworking, passionate, visionary, innovative woman Christina was from 2002-2006, that woman that once had vision and passion to release "Stripped" doesn't exist anymore and is nowhere to be seen, so lets please not act as if Xtina has not had her issues either, she doesn't deliver anymore, she also lost it and she is pretty much a shadow of her former self in the same way Britney is. 

The difference between Britney and Christina, is that Britney managed to pulled plenty of huge and cool eras, she had "Baby one more time", "Oops I did it again", "Britney", "In the zone", "Greatest hits: My Prerogative", a masterpiece like "Blackout" was and a comeback with "Circus" all before her time passed. All was enough to certify a solid legacy, thats the reason she is selling out Arenas and Stadiums in Asia with 20 years in the business.  Christina on the other hand only had 3 big / cool eras before her time passed and one of those eras ("Back to basics") was not even bigger than "Circus".  She hasn't toured in a decade and she can't even release an album these days. She was washed up and done after 3 eras. So don't even try it with Britney. 

And we're not discussing neither talent nor who's better. We're discussing popularity and "Circus" was bigger, period. Deal with it, 

1 hour ago, Daniella said:

It won't let me edit and I clicked too early, so here's what I meant.

tumblr_llms9x4lvo1qz9npg.gif

And I agree with you when you said that Xtina still has her talent. Post-2007ney without pulling big numbers is useless,

Beyoncé's 4 might have flopped in the singles department, but she was still peforming hard as **** and promoting everywhere.

Gaga might not be as sucessful as she was in 2010, but she's still an amazing artist and extremely talented.

Xtina may have flopped with Bionic and Lotus, but she will still outsing most pop girls.

Britney herself might have been underperforming in 2001, singles-wise, but she was still performing hard, singing the ballads live and promoting everywhere.

And what does 2017ney do?:

• Sing? No, and we don't even know if she sings her own albums.
  • Dance? No. She walks around on stage and half ***** a dance break from time to time.
  • Write? She has a few writing credits in Glory but that's about it.
  • Deliver amazing MVs? No.
  • Produce ground-breaking albums? No, Glory sounds like anything on the radio in 2016 and half of the tracks are skippable.
  • Pull amazing numbers? BJ and Glory flopped and her last solo top 10 was in 2011.

This fanbase shouldn't call anyone "washed up" when Britney is exactly that.

And it's even sadder to know that Britney could, in the past, do all the things I said.

Sing:

Dance:

Write:

Deliver amazing MVs:

Produce ground-breaking albums:

51-dUcyNoOL.jpg42a16c05b3ac0dd994790bd026bff8852b4e504c

Pull amazing numbers:

2b427496b6610e061d8db081fdff672e.jpgoops.jpg

Whatever makes you sleep well.  Nothing will change the fact that "Circus" was bigger than "Back to basics", that "Femme Fatale" was bigger than "Bionic", that "Britney Jean" was bigger than "Lotus", that "Make me" peaked at #17 and "Your body" peaked at #34. That she's selling out Arenas and Stadiums and The other one can't even tour. 

There's no reason to be mad, and insult Britney just because she had more success. If she doesn't dance or write but still outperforms other girls like Alicia Keys and Xtina thats not Britney's and nobody's fault. 

This thread had a comparative chart analysis purpose.  It was not about who's better or anything like that. I never imagined some people's blood would boil by just saying "Circus" was bigger than "Back to basics".  Are you really that jealous that you can't stand someone did better, whats next? Shading her mental health because you can't stand that she is more popular? LOL

40 minutes ago, Dinirocal said:

LOL at Xtina having her talent intact. In which planet do some people live? 

Christina is probably as much or even more washed up than Britney is these days. All of those creative struggles, inconsistent looks, terrible campaigns, lazyness, flops, horrible Lotus performances and quality decline Xtina has been facing for the last 10 years are light years far away from the hardworking, passionate, visionary, innovative woman Christina was from 2002-2006, that woman that once had vision and passion to release "Stripped" doesn't exist anymore and is nowhere to be seen, so lets please not act as if Xtina has not had her issues either, she doesn't deliver anymore, she also lost it and she is pretty much a shadow of her former self in the same way Britney is. 

The difference between Britney and Christina, is that Britney managed to pulled plenty of huge and cool eras, she had "Baby one more time", "Oops I did it again", "Britney", "In the zone", "Greatest hits: My Prerogative", a masterpiece like "Blackout" was and a comeback with "Circus" all before her time passed. All was enough to certify a solid legacy, thats the reason she is selling out Arenas and Stadiums in Asia with 20 years in the business.  Christina on the other hand only had 3 big / cool eras before her time passed and one of those eras ("Back to basics") was not even bigger than "Circus".  She hasn't toured in a decade and she can't even release an album these days. She was washed up and done after 3 eras. So don't even try it with Britney. 

And we're not discussing neither talent nor who's better. We're discussing popularity and "Circus" was bigger, period. Deal with it, 

I get what you are saying but you also have to realize that she hasnt actually tried really hard since 2010. The times she actually puts effort into something you can tell that talent is stil there. She released a rushed album in a time where she was unmotivated, uninspired and out of shape. that is the worst thing she did. Most people seem to enjoy most of Bionic its pretty hit or miss. But regardless of if you like it or not you cant say she didnt put effort into it and was uncreative because she wasnt.

And the main thing people talk about when referring to her talent is her voice. It may have gotten deeper and she chooses to sing with too much rasp sometimes.. but its still more than good. these are all pretty resent and she sounds great.

I mean this almost sounds exactly like she did in 2002

I will say tho I think its cruel to act like Britney has no more talet and i really dont agree with that. Glory proved that she is still capable of singing beautifully and she still has great stage presence and a good feel for what music to record and release and what not.

"Glory" was indeed a really good album, which Britney sincerely Co-wrote half of it and did a great vocal work with all of the recordings in a way she had not done since "In the zone". And she still has the visual talent, we all know "Make me" video had a conflict that doesn't define her, as soon as she moved on from it she realesed "Slumber Party" which was another great music video worthy enough to be on par with Britney's stellar videography. 

19 hours ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Circus and TTWE aren't iconic in any way and Beautiful and Dirrty are more iconic than Womanizer.

5 hours ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Circus isn't iconic in any way, shape or form. 

Genie In a Bottle and Lady Marmalade are also iconic Xtina songs.

18 hours ago, GrotesqueDiva said:

I agree, Dirrty for example wasn't successful on the charts, but in the end had a long lasting impression on the public, unlike successful songs like Circus and TTWE. I do have to say Dirrty made an impact 'cause of the sleezy video tho.

no one i know remembers any christina song besides beautiful and maybe genie. However they all know womanizer, circus, if u seek amy, 3, and ttwe

Archived