I hate when people automatically dismiss Britney because "her music isn't deep"

Vgameman2011

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GypsyWoman said:

Right!

You want deep, go listen to Bjrok. Her **** is like trying to decode poetry.

LOL yeah, bjork's lyrics can get abnormally abstract

I guess that's "deep" in literary form lol

beatles too, david bowie has some really abstract stuff it boggles my mind how people overanalyzes certain songs of his when it's pretty clear he was just high as **** lol

basically anyone that gets high and knows how to pen songs have deep lyrics

adele doesn't exactly fit in this category... she's more like an actually interesting taylor swift.

27 minutes ago, Applejack said:

LOL yeah, bjork's lyrics can get abnormally abstract

I guess that's "deep" in literary form lol

beatles too, david bowie has some really abstract stuff it boggles my mind how people overanalyzes certain songs of his when it's pretty clear he was just high as **** lol

basically anyone that gets high and knows how to pen songs have deep lyrics

adele doesn't exactly fit in this category... she's more like an actually interesting taylor swift.

She's like the realistic and relate-able version of Taylor Swift...and she can sing her *** off. Taylor is a cutesy teen music writer whose idea of depth is talking about how she's allowed to stay up past 9pm and is gonna watch HBO after midnight.

3 minutes ago, justkeepdoingit said:

i wouldn't call adele's music deep either.

Agreed! Her music isn't deep and is actually quite straight forward. That said, I'm not trying to take anything away from her music because the woman is talented and she can write a song.

I would actually argue that Sia is probably more deep in terms of her metaphorical approach to songwriting.

1 hour ago, button said:

i don't blame you and i actually thought for a second that the people on your facebook feed were the ones who brought up Adele.

She's vastly overrated among the public. She makes "real music" to them. Laughable.

There are plenty of artists who make actually deep and complex music like Mylene Farmer. Adele is not one of them. Her artistry is weak compared to theirs.

I agreeeee. Like her voice is beautiful don't get me wrong, but her music? Eh :ehno:

1 hour ago, GypsyWoman said:

She's like the realistic and relate-able version of Taylor Swift...and she can sing her *** off. Taylor is a cutesy teen music writer whose idea of depth is talking about how she's allowed to stay up past 9pm and is gonna watch HBO after midnight.

maybe they go for different audiences , i mean i cant relate to almost anything in 25 but i can relate to a lot of songs in red  :ponderney:

4 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

Most of her released songs aren't deep, and the ones that are, the way it's produced makes it sound more poppy than deep like Stronger, Lucky, Overprotected, etc.

Her last real deep single was Someday (Perfume doesn't count)

what about everytime , i run away , where are you now , hold on tite ? etc etc:ponderney:

2 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

Most of her released songs aren't deep, and the ones that are, the way it's produced makes it sound more poppy than deep like Stronger, Lucky, Overprotected, etc.

Her last real deep single was Someday (Perfume doesn't count)

I just don't like that people automatically discredit her because of that you know? Music is wayyyyy more than just "being deep." 

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You made me laugh tbh coz I completely get where you're coming from and the way you said it was just epic!

Britney has had deep songs though. I mean she might not have albums that are all about heartbreak every era,
but that doesn't take away that Britney can be deep when she wants to be. Every time and Shadow for example are WAY DEEP.
Those 2 songs actually are more deep than some of Adele's own songs. Not all of them ofc, but some for sure!
Just Luv Me and Mood Ring as well feel really deep too.

Whoever be sayin Britney ain't deep, tell ha they need to EDUCATE THEM SELVES !!!   :staysalty:  

1 minute ago, Electro World said:

:orangu::orangu::orangu: But seriously tho

Britney does have some deep songs, but the GP just dismisses them without taking the time to listen to them, I hate it! :donewithit:

Exactly! But then their ***** will do drunken karaoke to Baby, Oops and Toxic every damn weekend. She has more songs than that people!

4 minutes ago, toxiceverytime said:

what about everytime , i run away , where are you now , hold on tite ? etc etc:ponderney:

i guess i should have specified about "released" meaning singles, i can see how it can mean any song that was on an album

5 minutes ago, Vgameman2011 said:

I just don't like that people automatically discredit her because of that you know? Music is wayyyyy more than just "being deep." 

i agree, this is why sometimes I'm not a fan of what Britney releases cuz she was a who catalog of great songs that the GP will never know about

5 hours ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

Yeah I hate how people say her music doesn't have any meaningful lyrics but yet songs like "Unusual You", "Coupure Electrique", "Shadow", etc. exist :donewithit:

I really wish people took Britney's music more serious instead of being pretentious ******** about it :rihstare:

This lmfao. Just because they've only heard Oops! I Did It Again and Toxic doesn't mean they automatically know everything related to Britney's artistry.

IMG_0788.JPG.68b51ecdb544b0b313ebe2369a0

@Nick Jonas I found your next victim. 

2 hours ago, Kiiddy said:

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You made me laugh tbh coz I completely get where you're coming from and the way you said it was just epic!

Britney has had deep songs though. I mean she might not have albums that are all about heartbreak every era,
but that doesn't take away that Britney can be deep when she wants to be. Every time and Shadow for example are WAY DEEP.
Those 2 songs actually are more deep than some of Adele's own songs. Not all of them ofc, but some for sure!
Just Luv Me and Mood Ring as well feel really deep too.

Whoever be sayin Britney ain't deep, tell ha they need to EDUCATE THEM SELVES !!!   :staysalty:  

The only thing deep here is a big black c*ck in your *** and your mouth. 

Archived