I hate when people automatically dismiss Britney because "her music isn't deep"

Vgameman2011

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Girl On The Moon said:

You can't compare Adele to Britney, they use the same medium to express themselves but they express themselves differently. Being said that, I think Britney's music is "deep" though many people might think otherwise. I think Glory is deep.

That's the point. Britney's music isn't supposed to be listened the same way as Adele's is. They shouldn't be compared to the same standards.

2 minutes ago, Girl On The Moon said:

You can't compare Adele to Britney, they use the same medium to express themselves but they express themselves differently. Being said that, I think Britney's music is "deep" though many people might think otherwise. I think Glory is deep.

Im not. But this particular person that set me off dismissed Britney for not being deep but is a huge Adele fan. So that's why I used her in my post :gloss:

18 minutes ago, Girl On The Moon said:

Yeah as deep as any d*** she has had shoven in lately...

Guest Diamond Horse
14 minutes ago, pieceof15yearold*loveyall said:

Yeah as deep as any d*** she has had shoven in lately...

Glory has its moments like MOTM, Just Like Me... And many songs on Glory have very good lyrics.

it's because of the songs she puts out there... 

like "Pretty Girls, Work *****, 3, Ooh La La, Slumber Party etc."

she got lots of deeper songs that the GP just doesn't know. :forkit:

it doesn't help that when she's being asked about them her answers are usually "cool" and "fun" 

Agreed!

Music is not mean to fit any particular mold hence why you have different genres and styles of music. There's no right or wrong way to make music and this idea of "music has to be deep" is no more true than saying that all pop music has to be done at 130 beats per minute with blaring synths.

When people say, "her music is not deep...." my response is, "then go listen to something else." After all, you wouldn't go to a Steakhouse looking for an all vegetarian menu would you?

4 minutes ago, Vgameman2011 said:

Touché, but she's just the first one who came to mind. 

i don't blame you and i actually thought for a second that the people on your facebook feed were the ones who brought up Adele.

She's vastly overrated among the public. She makes "real music" to them. Laughable.

There are plenty of artists who make actually deep and complex music like Mylene Farmer. Adele is not one of them. Her artistry is weak compared to theirs.

Archived