I hate when people automatically dismiss Britney because "her music isn't deep"

Vgameman2011

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will repeat it AGAIN, pop music isn't meant to be always deep, of course there's still deep songs but is NOT what pop music is about. But just because the songs aren't ''deep'' doesn't mean they are exactly bad, there's a lot of good produced songs with good vocals in pop music without ''deep'' lyrics, you gotta appreciate that. :staysalty:

• Super Mods
23 hours ago, GypsyWoman said:

Right!

You want deep, go listen to Bjrok. Her **** is like trying to decode poetry.

Dude not just her lyrics but even down to her music production. It's classical level because she layers a lot of sounds and it's very complex that not ordinary headphones can pick them up.

• Super Mods

But on the topic, I don't get why ( and this fan base is guilty of it) that people think music that cause the artist to sing tear jerking songs is automatically deep. Time and time again people here has suggested she come forth about her breakdown and mental disorder or what not so the "GP" can feel sorry for her and be emotionally guilted into liking her. That's stupid and art is not just about being serious. That's the beauty of music and art in general, it's an expression and interpretation. Would you consider Elvis a deep artist? Yet he's in the rock hall of fame.

Not deep my ***. Sure she doesn't release them as singles and thus the GP dismisses her, but don't say she isn't deep.

Everytime, Shadow, Everyday, Tell Me (Am I a Sinner), Just Luv Me (referring to an interpretation regarding mental ossues and anxiety), Blur, Just Like Me & Mood Ring to name a few. 

I think it's more the fact that she isn't marketed as a singer which leads to people dismissing her deeper songs.

Several of her songs would be considered very deep, i.e. Overprotected.

she isn't marketed that way, doesn't release that type of music to the public, a.k.a. As a single usually and a lot of the time it's produced like a very poppy song if that makes sense (Like someone mentioned)

7 minutes ago, Crayboy said:

Not deep my ***. Sure she doesn't release them as singles and thus the GP dismisses her, but don't say she isn't deep.

Everytime, Shadow, Everyday, Tell Me (Am I a Sinner), Just Luv Me (referring to an interpretation regarding mental ossues and anxiety), Blur, Just Like Me & Mood Ring to name a few. 

I think it's more the fact that she isn't marketed as a singer which leads to people dismissing her deeper songs.

Several of her songs would be considered very deep, i.e. Overprotected.

she isn't marketed that way, doesn't release that type of music to the public, a.k.a. As a single usually and a lot of the time it's produced like a very poppy song if that makes sense (Like someone mentioned)

Everytime. - an emotional song with mediocre lyrics (the message is pretty clear, in your face, actually and the structure is nothing special, she does not deliever poetic lyrics). 

Shadow - a very weak song, actually. You included it on here because of its ambiguity? Just curious.

Tell Me - this is ridiculous, in fact. It's like half of Madonna's ROL. Full of lyrics that are meant to be deep but they actually have no deep meaning. 

Just Luv Me - the Luv in the title says it all. 

Blur - drunkness. 

JLM - getting cheated on.

Mood Ring - ***. 

Overprotected - lmfao

She is not an artist. And y'all will just deal with it. A deep song is not a song about any other thing but ***. She sings about *** (in a very shallow way) most of the time and when she releases a song that is not about *** you freak out and label it as "deep". A deep song makes you think about what the artist is telling you. Y'all can overlook into things and that's what you actually do but that does not mean her songs are truly like that. Take songs by Kate Bush, Bjork, Massive Attack, Tricky as examples. 

Let's say she does not have that "deep" factor. Ok, you either have it or don't. But she does not have other things like writing artistic lyrics either. Look at the type of stuff Mariah has in store. She sings about common themes, about love and heartbreaks and other things like that. At its peaks, her lyrics are poetry.

Britney is not and never was an artist. Exhale is like the only place where people even think of the possibility of her being an artist. The only place where her music is labeled as deep. 

ı hate when people hate trivial things:beysip:maybe some people, like the person you have mentioned, only like listening to the music they find deep and maybe they don't consider britney's music to be deep; it is a matter of taste.ı know people who can't stand hear britney's songs and ı don't like the songs they listen to because our taste in music is different.

britney has deep songs, especially on her first six albums but they are not usually released as singles so people don't know about those songs other than her fans.

13 minutes ago, Бри́тни Спирс said:

Everytime. - an emotional song with mediocre lyrics (the message is pretty clear, in your face, actually and the structure is nothing special, she does not deliever poetic lyrics). 

Shadow - a very weak song, actually. You included it on here because of its ambiguity? Just curious.

Tell Me - this is ridiculous, in fact. It's like half of Madonna's ROL. Full of lyrics that are meant to be deep but they actually have no deep meaning. 

Blur - drunkness. 

Mood Ring - ***. 

Overprotected - lmfao

She is not an artist. And y'all will just deal with it. A deep song is not a song about any other thing but ***. She sings about *** (in a very shallow way) most of the time and when she releases a song that is not about *** you freak out and label it as "deep". A deep song makes you think about what the artist is telling you. Y'all can overlook into things and that's what you actually do but that does not mean her songs are truly like that. Take songs by Kate Bush, Bjork, Massive Attack, Tricky as examples. 

Let's say she does not have that "deep" factor. Ok, you either have it or don't. But she does not have other things like writing artistic lyrics either. Look at the type of stuff Mariah has in store. She sings about common themes, about love and heartbreaks and other things like that. At its peaks, her lyrics are poetry.

Britney is not and never was an artist. Exhale is like the only place where people even think of the possibility of her being an artist. The only place where her music is labeled as deep. 

Mood ring is about ***?  

You're the shallow one here. 

5 minutes ago, Бри́тни Спирс said:

A deep song makes you think about what the artist is telling you.

Hmm, I disagree halfway. A deep song doesnt' necessarily need to have a message about very deep issues as war for example, I believe you can turn a a song about shopping very deep

6 minutes ago, Бри́тни Спирс said:

Mood Ring - ***. 

How did you end up with this interpretation, really curious..

in my opinion, she is talking about mental issues as anxiety, having somewhat of a negative opinion of herself

7 minutes ago, Бри́тни Спирс said:

Sure, at first look it would seem that she is talking about love, and while I do agree that she to some degree is, the underlying theme and main message about the song points towards somewhat mental issues as histrionic attention disorder combined with some references to anxiety as well.

1 minute ago, Бри́тни Спирс said:

Blur - drunkness. 

Mood Ring - ***. 

Overprotected - lmfao

you can't compare other music genres with britney's pop, you can't compare bjork's biophillia with christina's lotus as well, what artist means? it's not only creating 'deep' songs. it's about being different from the others as an creator, madonna released human nature,express yourself and these songs and their videos inspired so many artist, christina and Gaga for an example. blackout changed the pop game back in 2007, it was honorable moment for her, the important thing is what makes you different from the others. do you create trends or you following trends, it's what all about. everybody has own stuff & point of view for artistic vision.

"I'm not really interested in a ton of female musicians but there is something about Britney that compelled me — the way she sings and just the way she looks,"
-Lana Del Rey

you're talking about poetry lyrics, look a poetry lyric-writer artist what says about britney, art is being different not deep songs

Archived